Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

invisble ea

shifty

Not sure if it's a new bug or not but it just happened to me on the live server and i have confirmed it on the training server on multiple occasions.

Not sure if it's a new bug or not but it just happened to me on the live server and i have confirmed it on the training server on multiple occasions.

i think you got bounced by this guy named shifty

pretty good pilot and stuff

I've heard of this happening before, but not for a long time Shifty. Humour me on this next question will you? Are you absolutely sure you could have seen him? Is there any way you could have missed him? Did a wingman not see him? Look for him?

Some of these guys are pretty damned good at disappearing.

But to be fair, I remember posts about this a while back. Maybe submit a bug report if you are sure?

I've heard of this happening before, but not for a long time Shifty. Humour me on this next question will you? Are you absolutely sure you could have seen him? Is there any way you could have missed him? Did a wingman not see him? Look for him?

But to be fair, I remember posts about this a while back. Maybe submit a bug report if you are sure?

running from a group of spitfires and i do a full roll to check my 6 and i notice 2 low, both grey, and 1 directly above them. A second later i hear rounds hitting me very accurately although i don't see any tracers fly past me or puffs of smoke in the distance from cannons. After my tail is taken off i am still looking around and dont see or hear a thing.

Hotrod and i were on the training server a week or so ago and there were a few times where he was completely invisble to me but could still kill me.

Yep I could see shifty and he flew straight while I flew 50 ft in front of him saying, you see me now? and still nothing I just laughed.

Hmmm.... I know your S/A is pretty good, but you not having seen him isn't really indicative of whether or not you "should" have - if you follow me. In other words, you aren't perfect, and may very well have simply not seen him - I mean no disrespect by that either.

Your second scenario is interesting though... And like I said, I swear I've heard this before... Hopefully someone can help you here .... I'd say post in the bug forum if you are convinced. Perhaps someone with a similar experience will post in this thread. For now, I'll shut up :)

Edit: as I was typing this I got Hotrod's post... interesting. How long ago was this?

As I recall there was a time when view numbers were an issue (and perhaps still are?)

But I *thought* enemies were given display priority.

Edited by beazil

It happens. Have seen it on the training server a few times, have seen it on the live server a number of times, and I have been shot down this campaign by EA that was invisible to me and people around.

Probably very hard to track down why it is happening. The EA is certainly not invisible to all players, just to some. If the invisible airplane is on your mission, you will still see its map icon. (Had this once on a bomber raid, the leader was invisible to me and some others but visible to some, but everyone saw its tag)

I could swear I've had EA blink out only to arrive behind me about 30 seconds later and I can't see them until after I'm dead.

However, I have to admit- I have a problem with SA sometimes... no Track IR and I kinda "lose" EA below my nose in rolls.

With that said I still swear to the first statement. Just my perception of a few fights I've had.

Happens on occasion, not to common but for sure happens. One time I missed out on a whole RDP flight cause the bombers were invisible, meanwhile ghost was shooting them down. Thought I was going crazy until I saw parachutes appear out of thin air.

In my case on large battles EA is invisible even with dark black tags when I'm AA and sometimes just appear 1sec before dropping bombs.

This seems to happen due to the game not giving priority to enemy units if you are a particular unit.

Does anyone know if playing as an AA on the game will give priority to drawing EA instead of other enemy ground units?

myself and solono found it on beta test 6 months ago, its on my youtube

In my case on large battles EA is invisible even with dark black tags when I'm AA and sometimes just appear 1sec before dropping bombs.

This seems to happen due to the game not giving priority to enemy units if you are a particular unit.

Does anyone know if playing as an AA on the game will give priority to drawing EA instead of other enemy ground units?

This is not the case- in the air you virtually never run out of vis limit, unless right above a AO. And these things happened far from any action, with 2-6 enemy units within a ball of radius 10km. In particular, on the training server as reported above.