Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frontsau

Newbie questions

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I just started playing like 1 day ago but so far I'm having a total blast. However there's still a lot I don't understand, so maybe some peeps here can help me.

1) Sometimes my map stops displaying the CPs in a town we're currently fighting for, this is can be pretty annoying since I'm so new and don't know the CPs by heart yet, why does that happen or how do I fix that?

2) How exactly is stuff captured? I mean, you get an AO, then you can start capping, but when can you cap an AB or the whole town? What's the order in which to cap?

3) What exactly is Warping?

Think those are my main concerns, thanks in advance. :)

Hi

If your map stops displaying CP`s double click on the town name and they will reappear.

Capping a cp requires inf to be present in the building for 8 mins or so I think it depends on the number of inf.

Warping is a little more complicated...When u enter the game from a FRU and have been told it is warpable to a depot move toward the depot.

press escape to despawn and check where u will despawn to if the location is the warpable depot then despawn.

on the left hand side lower on spawn in screen is button cancel reservation click on that and the screen will change to where u pick your inf type.

on the right hand side top you should see a box with a green tick in it click on the box to remove the tick and then pick inf you want and spawn in.

you should then spawn into the depot rather than the FRU.

I`m sure a vet would explain it better but thats the idea. Hope that helps.

S!

once an AO is placed on a town it takes 10 minutes before you can capture any of the flag buildings AKA CPs (choke points). AB AFAB AFB DOCKS are NOT included at this time. It takes approximately 8 minutes to capture a flag IF only ONE person is capping. The more infantry inside makes the time move faster. Not sure of the specifics or the quickest the timer can go. I would think at least 1 minute since that was the OLD rule. Just guessing on that one.

Once a town is contested ANY flag not necessarily the first one captured, but as long as one of the flag is in enemy hands the AB, AFAB, AFB & DOCKS become capturable.

I have just started playing infantry again recently & too am learning the rules of the ground war since 1.3 came out.

I haven't warped with the new rules, but it USED to be & not sure if its the same, when u respawn I dont think you can rechoose the type of inf you selected otherwise you spawn back to the FRU position.

Will have to test that ingame & see.

Easy guide to warping.

Despawn within RTB range of a friendly depot in enemy town (cannot be city, or anything other than TOWN LINKS) such as Antwerp-Schilde CP.

WITHOUT un reserving your unit, deselect the mobile spawn (uncheck the box in the top right) and spawn back in.

You should now be in the CP, with fresh ammo/health :)

*NOTE* This will not work if you are critically wounded.

Hello,

I just started playing like 1 day ago but so far I'm having a total blast. However there's still a lot I don't understand, so maybe some peeps here can help me.

1) Sometimes my map stops displaying the CPs in a town we're currently fighting for, this is can be pretty annoying since I'm so new and don't know the CPs by heart yet, why does that happen or how do I fix that?

2) How exactly is stuff captured? I mean, you get an AO, then you can start capping, but when can you cap an AB or the whole town? What's the order in which to cap?

3) What exactly is Warping?

Think those are my main concerns, thanks in advance. :)

The best way to learn the game and have people to talk to so you don't have to spend all the time posting on the Forums is joining a squad. Especially one with Teamspeak as a requirement. If your an axis player, I strongly recommend you join the 85th Fallschirmjager Regiment, we allow people of all ranks as long as you like teamwork and don't mind being on teamspeak. Check us out at www.flyingfall.com or PM any FF member you see in game.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0