Followers 0
tilo

Huge FPS hit with new patch

26 posts in this topic

Core 2 - 3.0GHZ

4 Gigs RAM

Nvidia GTX 460

Windows 7

I am taking almost a 50% FPS reduction since the new patch was released. Hope this will be addressed.

you play on best quality with everything up? I played for about 10 min before the servers went down and it seemed like my fps dropped some too

day one subscriber here, seen it all, read all...

Haven't logged in for 2 months, downloaded and played new patch

Suxxors

walking around 30-40FPS (4 months ago 80-120FPS), soon as i sprint FPS drops to 15 every time, stop sprinting and FPS goes up, sprint goes down to 15 ???

Anyway, after 30min of play that was enough doing my head in, logged out

I7 920 chip

6 gig dual channel

GTX 275 vidcard

Asus p6t MB

SB titanium sound

huge PSU

Edited by gripfast

I went from an already dismal but playable 35-45 fps to 15 to 25 fps. So, about a 50% loss for me too. Of course, a couple years ago, on this same computer, over 100 fps. The price goes up and up, and the performance goes down and down.

What compatibility mode were we supposed to run in again?

The reason for FPS issues is the massive influx of people coming in to play, coupled with the new system that allows more players to be rendered at once. More players + more rendered players = more lag.

Basically, turn down infantry LOD and turn off keep bodies and combat smoke. This will fix the majority of FPS issues.

Edited by bran

The reason for FPS issues is the massive influx of people coming in to play, coupled with the new system that allows more players to be rendered at once. More players + more rendered players = more lag.

Basically, turn down infantry LOD and turn off keep bodies and combat smoke. This will fix the majority of FPS issues.

I have all settings on low, I mean everything! I have a decent system and still only get about 30 FPS and drops to teens and is very stuttery.

Yes really struggling here also. Going to go through settings but I feel I've got a reasonable setup - The CPU is the weakest part and perhaps what is dragging me down.

Getting 11 - 20 fps in town. Looking away from action get 130 + and probably hundreds in the open

I7 920

GTX 570

Windows 7 64 Bit

Bag loads of fast ram

SSD

I'll see what I can find to make the game playable with a average CPU setup but went through this last patch after lots of advise to get it over 25 fps - and failed.

Well that was quick.

I've been through most settings - turning down number of corpses, durantion, shadows, anti aliasing, locking this and that - doing all sorts with about 1 - 4 fps difference.

FIXED it.

In infantry - ingame settings. Turning Level of detail down made massive difference.

15 FPS became 50 in a very busy town.

My settings have always been on max performance. I have never been able to play the game with any eye/ear candy. I'm down to 15-25 fps, with horrible low fps spikes.

Glad to see its not just me..... HUGE FPS LOSS with new patch...... Im not upgrading AGAIN to just play this game....... I was getting on average 65-90fps's until patch. Now i'm lucky if I can hit 20fps, so what has changed CRS????

Like I said earlier, Ive been here for 10yrs....I read it all

My FPS drops when I sprint...either in a field with no one around, from UMS or inside a building...stop sprinting adn FPS doubles

[Ooooo... this was post count #1,111 on 11/11/11]:)

I am getting crushing performance. Huge battles I will dwindle into the 20's. But overall, I am getting an average in 50-70 FPS range.

Turned corpse count down to half, duration to half, level of detail down, Vertical Synch Off, everything is max max on. I am at work, so only going by memory here.

24" Samsung Monitor running @ 1920x1200

------------------

Win7 x64 Ultimate installed on Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive

Battleground installed on Seagate 1TB Sata III HD

ASUS P7P55D LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard

EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16

G.SKILL Trident 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000)

Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor

Power supply: Rosewill Xtreme Series RX950-S-B 950W Continuous @40°C - 80 PLUS Certified

Edited by jphartt

Well that was quick.

I've been through most settings - turning down number of corpses, durantion, shadows, anti aliasing, locking this and that - doing all sorts with about 1 - 4 fps difference.

FIXED it.

In infantry - ingame settings. Turning Level of detail down made massive difference.

For my older rig I turned down combat smoke..well turned it off and was able to slide the LOD for inf back up. Doubled my FPS on my 3.3gig i3, 4 gig of ram and a 250gts.

Havnt dipped below 35fps and thats including the carnage/battle in Wavre last night.

I also haven't had problems until recently. Even with lowest settings on everything I often get bad FPS spikes. I noticed that bombed out rubble buildings are particularly bad, sometimes bringing me down to 1-2 FPS. Many other users had this problem too as I asked Target Chat Channel if anyone else was experiencing this.

i lost frames as well Was running 30+fps now if im lucky if i see 30 fps im guessing its the new patch but who knows...

few specs 450gts OC

Amd Quadcore 2.8ghz

4 gigs

Found a silly fix to my stupid issue of losing half my FPS when ever I sprint.

While sprinting if I hit the mouse look key (in my case 'N') the FPS go back up again, hit the key again so I get out of mouse look and FPS still fine.

But I have to do this every time I stop and sprint.

made a mission by myself at Dover to confirm same FPS issue is not related to enemy, blown building, friendlies etc.

My FPS down too version 1.34..... 40%.

Server and new engine SUX!!!! LAG LAG and no Internet responsable!!! I Only have problems in 1.34.....

Well that was quick.

FIXED it.

I have a very similar rig. Turning down LOD makes all the difference in the world. The better question is what changed in 1.34 to make this necessary? I hope the Rats are working on this one!

Well for me LOD makes no difference. Everything at minimum and I still get <5fps quite often. Before I was getting circa 60 fps. If the intermission event is released as it is I will have to unsub as it is unplayable.

Game play facing any rubble and my FPS goes to single digit. Turn around and look at the open countryside and I am back to 30+. Drive out and look back into town and I stay in the 20-25 range and can shoot infantry with coax. The steady erosion of FPS is PITA and I really don't want to have to upgrade again.

Latest patch 1.34.3

FPS is so low, game is simply unplayable for me, for the first time ever! Congrats CRS! Hope you get this fixed asap...

Cant see if lag/clipping has been fixed due to horrendous FPS...On average im getting a third of my normal FPS with latest patch...

Edited by geckopow

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0