Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Disappearing circles

teetwo

At different distances I’m seeing the circles disappear from view. As the planes move across the sky it make for a kind of blinking effect as they appear and disappear.

Also at ranges farther out than you can see the aircraft dot at I’m see a black box with a triangle cut into it. It’s almost like the alpha layer of the image is not rendering.

Edited by Teetwo

At different distances I’m seeing the circles disappear from view. As the planes move across the sky it make for a kind of blinking effect as they appear and disappear.

Also at ranges farther out than you can see the aircraft dot at I’m see a black box with a triangle cut into it. It’s almost like the alpha layer of the image is not rendering.

Me too.

hmmm ... we fixed this in an internal build, have to look back and see what happened to the release build to lose it

thanx for the heads up

When I last checked with Gophur it was still there. But that was way back, beta 1.34.thirtysomething. Did not get a chance to test since then, as there was no mac build.

wierd

when we tested this the day we fixed it (before we fixed it) it was bad (I know, I tested it)

then we patched a fix (before release) and it was totally gone (I know, I tested it)

now everyone says it is back

I just spent an hour flying in the v1.34 release, and I didn't see it even 1 time

you must be describing something different, but I don't know what

Looking behind. Was 3 grey circles. they all disappeared. I can see a P38 coming (my circle).

nocircle1.jpg

1 sec later all circles come on again. So they pop in and out regardless of distance. They do it together:

nocircle2.jpg