Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

#6055 - Collider Offset (stairs, doors, windows, floors, walls)

lejack

Could not get out of destroyed cp spawn top floor as any us. inf. fire escape was blocked and going down inside stairs was blocked. Was like stuck in mud then i droped thru to second floor and left.

Also had trouble as us inf. falling thru berms or getting stuck on them when low crawling.

Edited by lejack

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• OHM

• delems

• company0

Top Posters In This Topic

Could not get out of destroyed cp spawn top floor as any us. inf. fire escape was blocked and going down inside stairs was blocked. Was like stuck in mud then i droped thru to second floor and left.

Also had trouble as us inf. falling thru berms or getting stuck on them when low crawling.

Locations. Depots. Steps to replicate.

In Spontin just now, whenever the action got crazy seems like I would fall through floors and stairs a lot. this resulted in several times were I was clipped into the bottom of stairs in buildings.

I've been having issues with many of the US units in Spontin..

1> Unable to go up many of the staircases

2> Clipping through floors

3> Clipping through Walls

I am on a Mac Client

Thanks

Thrance

I think this might be part of the clipping bug I keep seeing (stairs, falling through buildings, etc...) but it appears some infantry are either visible through walls or actually rendering through them when they are pressed up against them. I shot someone today, thought they were outside the building and when I got close realized it was a solid wall.

I've also fallen through the spawn building a few times from the top floor, think it happens at the stairs.

P-

LOD rendering closer to you than the player's actual position maybe?

motormouth:

Much as Romzy's posting style can give me headaches (and the fact that he's "NEVAR WRONG!!"), that post pretty much nails it on the head.

sgtchief:

romz you['re] my damn hero

sydney:

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

irelandeb:

indeed he's one of the few voices of common sense on these forums

jw:

If you're going to argue with Romz, do your homework before you post. He gets it, and you can't teach common sense, you have to be born with it.

pete, linc & julie:

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....

owilde:

The only thing worse than being talked about is *not* being talked about.

Noticed it quite abit at Wavre Jodo Spawnable Depot in Jodoigne

Kept getting shot on spawn in even with 4 walls all around me and no windows

for me it happened in the spontin/anhee depot and one of the destroyed buildings east of it by the ab.

The 2nd floor stairs and specific spots in the floor I would fall threw and at one instance I was totaly cliped into the bottom stairwell of the house. It only happened with the US model and when the area was very heavy in players.

Samwe problems as Axis, can't seem to negotiate any obstacle that is at an angle, such as stairs. I fall through stairs and get clipped inside them. Also could not even go up the side of some larger berms...

Easily reproducible: Try walking up the white stone castle stair cases in Willemstad. You'll clip through. The enemy can't shoot you but you can shoot out whilst clipped inside. Also try walking up the wooden staircase inside the center castle building, you can't go up to the second floor. I was using Axis infantry units.

same happening to quite a few american players tonight (11.11 2:30am est) in feschaux:

clipping into rubbles and stairs (especially when crawling/prone on stairs); walking out on window ledges into air as if an extended ledge (noticed this one both for myself and then, on ground saw it happen with another us player floating/walking on the 3rd floor window of white factory building ledge into air and then back through the window into the building)

at least 5/6 players mentioned these or variations within 15 minutes in target chat

speaking of which ability to send text to 2 channels at same time is gone (us)

Happened to me a lot during a large battle in Willemstad. A number of times I fell straight through the floor of the depot to ground level. Another time/Same city I fell into the staircase of a regular building and couldn't get back out but I could shoot through the stairs to anything outside making me like an invincible little pilbox.... If I had wanted to.

The depot falling seemed to take place (inconsistently) where polygons came together. A few of the times I would try to walk down the depot stairs but an invisible wall would block me from going down the stairs, then a moment later I would fall through the floors to ground level.

I was playing as American.

Back when the beta first was being tested I complained about the ability to fall through depot floors. Well, about an hour ago, the allies hit Wavre and hit it hard. Tons of people all around town, and the bugginess came back with a vengeance.

It seems the ONLY way to replicate it is to have LARGE numbers of people in the same town that, to replicate, has to be contested. I could do these things over and over (And did so to get the best screenshots that show it). Others were also having the same issues. along with the odd stair bug that stops you from going up them. It also appears to be related to the new netcode, since it was not doing this before netcode2 was turned off.

Just occurred after the server hiccup, seems to happen to some players and not to others, not seeing a specific correlation.

Heres a nice little slideshow of all the pictures I got

http://img148.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=the3rdsinkingfeeling2x.png

Oh. Also, I'm just an HC officer, but it seems to me like the physical ground model is no longer in sync with the art model. Case in point, one of those shows the barracks stairs and me floating above them, while when I stepped right of those it sank me down like I was going down the staircase.

Can also replicate this issue at the Veh spawn in Wavre. Only when local pop at the location is high though, and only when netcode2 is shut off.

Edited by COMPANY0

Here is a screenshot. What I'm seeing here and it's become more obvious is that they are coming through the building vs. me seeing through the building. This is in Wavre last night.

Clipping.jpg

P-

That exact same thing happend to me at Willemstad yesterday, I killed Rohmu (sorry) who was flying in the air like that outside the CP window.

I am seeing this a lot in all kinds of places. I was killed so many times when I was inside a room with solid walls all around me. Yet I would get shot when I was watching the only entrance. At first I thought it was INF lag and he just hadn't appeared to me to have come around the corner, but the death cam never showed anyone enter the room later. That meant I could only have been shot through the wall.

This happened all the time to many people. It has to be a rendering issue.