Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

#6055 - Collider Offset (stairs, doors, windows, floors, walls)

lejack

Youre talking about Bastogne and i was there defending and yes, doing a lot of respawns in a short time in a busy town kinda triggers it....

After an hour or so of defending bast and respawning in AB inf spawn i was not able to walk down the stairs of said inf spawn, i got stuck right at the top. Also the rubble of the destroyed buildings is causing extreme frame rate drop, FYI...

Mine drops from 40ish down to 10 when standing in the middle of said buildings, others have reported to drop from 70 down to 5ish.

As said before as well, busy town, lot of respawns and players updating takes a "long" time (3-5 secs). Host not sending out player position updates fast enough or client not processing them fast enough, whatever...serveral times that i ran out of inf spawn towards a capped CP and all of a sudden 2-3 guys appear right in front of me (5-10m) also running there basically spawning in midair...

Yeah after i posted i logged in again and there was a spawn cp up in bastogne. I experienced the same thing as you...... it took several seconds after spawning for most units(friendly or enemy) to render.

So big was the delay, i was able to exploit it pretty badly(sorry, but was testing). Despite the spawn depot being heavily camped by PZs and lmgs, i was able to push out an ATG and deploy 10-20m away before the enemy units that i knew were there rendered for me. I don't know if i was rendering for them before that but they didn't kill me which leads me to believe that if i was rendered then i was invulnerable due to my pc not seeing them.

I see a new release is due out today, i will try to test this again but it looks like a pretty major issue to me.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• OHM

• delems

• company0

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on already....

this was the same stuff that was going on in the beta...which btw everyone reported back then also

was logged in a bit ago and its still happening just as everyone says

if your going to test...at least PLAY LIKE THE PLAYERS PLAY. I mean spawn in over and over for a few hours straight running and gunning in a hottly contested town spawning over and over in the same depot and I can virtually guarentee that at some point you WILL GET that bug.

I can't emphasize enough just how BAD a bug like this looks to returning players or new players...its a DEAL BREAKER for getting new subs or retaining current subs.

btw...my computer more then meets minimum specs in CPU and graphics power and my connection is speedy too. this shouldn't be happening on even the most doggedly SLOW MINIMUM SPEC systems...because just the casual in game chat shows the player base to be farther behind on system specs then what the latest and greatest is

Edited by Vampress

• Registered Users
Still having trouble with stairs, both not being able to go up them and falling through them. The large church, and 3 story white and 3 story brick buildings are major offenders (although not the only ones). Usually it starts out fine but at some point I'm blocked from going farther up, in fact I can sometimes go down the stairs and then try to go back up them and then blocked. Happens in most towns with a large fight. Not fixed with latest patch

Haven't had it happen with brit yet but American semi-auto, BAR, anti-tank have all done it. I haven't figured out a way to reliably replicate, it happens at random (but after happening takes client or server restart to correct). The soft server reset the other day (where people were booted to the lobby but not completely out) DID correct it for me until I began a new session the following day.

Frame rates are normally fine (20+)

PC-Win7

2.9ghz AMD Phenom II X6

8GB RAM

Cable internet

Radeon HD 6850 1GB

This what happened last night in Champ. Spawn into town me and another inf unit. Was able to go up the church stairs to the top.

Then spawn was capped and 20min into heavy fighting tried to go up the church stairs. I was only able to go up 2 flights of stairs and if got to close to the wall I would fall to the ground. I did a dot report to time stamp and locate the position of the bug.

My system is new 8 gig of ram win 7 64 and all drivers and windows update are current.

Gophur as others have said this is happening most during busy fights.

I am also unable to replicate it 100% but i would say FPS may be an issue but also speed of movement seems to make it happen as well.

For example, try sprinting into a cp and straight up the stairs and i often get stuck, go back down and jog up and i won't get stuck. I have also found myself clipping into walls very easily while sprinting around rooms, simply by colliding with them.

Yeah Big that's the next thing the coders are asking me. Is it frame rate related. We spent some time in Bastogne yesterday but couldn't repeat it. Hopefully we can find this today.

Hi, I was guarding a depot yesterday. When the ei killed me, they came through the short wall beside the door, rather than through the door.

Wassail.

werwulf.

edit: some other stuff:

chat showed me afk when I didn't touch the keyboard.

my buttons froze when repeatedly going from prone to crouch to standing too many times in a row too quickly

Edited by werwulf
remembered some other stuff

Tried again in LaRoche for the last hour, small fight, maybe 10ppl each side etc.

Its not FPS related, its rapid despawning/spawning over and over again, maybe the combo of despawn/spawn+move as soon as you enter world, when youre holding W already while youre still loading the map upon respawn.

My FPS in LaRoche were generally above 30, low 40s, others have reported FPS in low 50s while getting also to the point of not being able to negotiate stairs / ramps.

At the time this starts, the "Guys floating outside wall in the air" when theyre deployed LMGs on the upper floors of buildings came about as well.

Tried again in LaRoche for the last hour, small fight, maybe 10ppl each side etc.

Its not FPS related, its rapid despawning/spawning over and over again, maybe the combo of despawn/spawn+move as soon as you enter world, when youre holding W already while youre still loading the map upon respawn.

My FPS in LaRoche were generally above 30, low 40s, others have reported FPS in low 50s while getting also to the point of not being able to negotiate stairs / ramps.

At the time this starts, the "Guys floating outside wall in the air" when theyre deployed LMGs on the upper floors of buildings came about as well.

Yeah that fits with what i have experienced.

With this and the delayed rendering of all other units(as i mentioned above) i would take a wild stab in the dark at a cause/potential solution...

Is there any way to slow down the spawn in process? I'm not talking about much, but it would appear we are currently apearing ingame when only around 60% is loaded, perhaps a delay of a second or 2 for the rest to load might help? Just a thought.

So big was the delay, i was able to exploit it pretty badly(sorry, but was testing). Despite the spawn depot being heavily camped by PZs and lmgs, i was able to push out an ATG and deploy 10-20m away before the enemy units that i knew were there rendered for me. I don't know if i was rendering for them before that but they didn't kill me which leads me to believe that if i was rendered then i was invulnerable due to my pc not seeing them.

It's actually the reverse for me, the players render about 1/2 second before the rest of the world when I spawn in. So if someone from the other side is, say, hiding in a bush outside the depot I'll see them when I spawn because the bush they are in, as well as the depot I'm in, haven't rendered yet. A nice way to cut back on spawn campers I suppose, since I'll know where they are.

I didn't find a thread for this so i guess i'll start one.

Seen a couple of friendlies and eventually 1 ei that killed me entering the cp from this spot instead of the door.

http://imageshack.us/f/803/warp.png/

It's confirmed that this kind of issues start to happen on high pop concentration, but it was tz3 with a dozen ppl online on my side so...

Also the amount of rifles sticking out of spawnable walls and such seems to be worse than ever but i'm not sure if that's a bug or it's intended.

Guys I need an update on this. I had three guys here last night playing late and none could reproduce it so I need reports to keep them on it.

• Registered Users

Last night I was in champ where I have had the problem other nights.

Happy to say it did not happen to me at all!

Was able to climb stairs during lite and heavy battle.

No .reports either. The coders are gonna call this fixed. Let me know ASAP if this is still an issue or I won't be able to get any work on it today.

Me too on destroyed building stair was not able to climb it and the Ab wall stair for looking the other side of wall, and i can't climb stair on prone position like before, bug?

What about the clipping issues? Player moves to window to look out building, he moves right out of the building (third person view) and stays almost a metre out of the building?

Clipping is a massive issue right now, many players going ballistic in the chat about it, not to mention the terrible FPS being reported as well...

Beachhead - guy just got stuck in stairs having fallen through them - didn't say where - sorry this is only third party report but worth passing on.

Was ok to walk up 2/f hesdin wab bunker b4, but cannot walk up anymore @Server time 01:40

Just clipped at the stairs, it happens @ armybase INF spawn too, clipped @ stairs 2/f, cannot get down

PS: a bit lag at that time

SShot3.jpg

SShot4.jpg

SShot7.jpg

SShot5.jpg

Here are the armybase INF spawn

I can stand here(not autowalking), cannot get down

SShot6.jpg

SShot9.jpg

but i get down from here

SShot14.jpg

SShot16.jpg

Edited by heilmittel

Stairs, falling through floors in high pop areas as well as invisible EI capping stuff with friendlies right next to them as it turns out afterwards...

Eis popping in as well as friendlies rendering suddenly, can it be that the vislist, depending upon settings and with the rewritten code as fer KFS1s blog does not really prioritize whats to render and whats not based on threat and proximity?

At the same time ive encountered one instance of invisible ei in a bunker in st.pol tonight with high population all around, friendlies also started floating either in the air or they appeared halfway sunk into stairs, bunker stairs that is, walking up and down...Didnt have any issues negotiating stairs, just that some things seemed out of synch somewhat

Not getting it as often but it still turns up every so often for me in other buildings.

What happens almost every time to me is trying to exit an Army Base infantry spawn I can not leave in an upright position. I have to crouch or crawl out the door otherwise I get thrust up halfway into the floor above me.

I didn't find a thread for this so i guess i'll start one.

Seen a couple of friendlies and eventually 1 ei that killed me entering the cp from this spot instead of the door.

http://imageshack.us/f/803/warp.png/

It's confirmed that this kind of issues start to happen on high pop concentration, but it was tz3 with a dozen ppl online on my side so...

Also the amount of rifles sticking out of spawnable walls and such seems to be worse than ever but i'm not sure if that's a bug or it's intended.

This kind of thing is common currently, hopefully it will be fixed very soon...This and the lag and cell host errors are soul destroying :)