Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

#6055 - Collider Offset (stairs, doors, windows, floors, walls)

lejack

Still falling through floors and can't climb stairs. Why would you ever invite players back to this?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• OHM

• delems

• company0

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Got this about 4 or 5 times today. Did a bit of testing, it seems the terrain it self is still there and walls (walk into wall, hit it, or pole, etc).

But, the flooring under the object is shifted about 1m N or S; or I'm shifted from the flooring 1m N or S.

I can walk to a CP and I go up when I get to the 'floor', even though I'm still outside. Conversely, on the other side of the CP, while still in it, I can walk and drop, as if I just walked out of the CP.

I don't think it has anything to do with busy fights, I think the more you spawn in and out and you get it. I often spawn in and out of game world while checking CPs, even with no enemy I will suddenly get the problem. So, something is off-shifting because of lots of spawn ins and spawn outs is my guess.

Thanks for the updates del. I'm doing a bunch of spawns for testing so maybe I can find it. Love to be able to show this to a coder.

Next time you see this note the place.

I can go offline and test with clones very easily.

I am here. Are you sure by offline ?

• 2 weeks later...

Fell through 2 floors last night and just go it a few minutes ago. Restart usually clear is.

I am constantly having stair bug (probably 3 or 4 times in a 2/3 hour session) I cannot climb stairs and fall through floors. I also today could not crawl up berms which made it difficult to search for efrus. I reallly like this game but will not be continuing with my subscription until some of these bugs are sorted. I had a year lay off and came back because I thought it would be better but if anything it is worse and ruins the game for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a prob last night with the stairs. On one mission I couldn't climb any stairs what so ever. I also accidently clipped the rubbel in one of the towns >> despawned immediately.

Gophur-

I get this bug all the time, and I mean ALL the time. It generally occurs, for me, during fights with heavy population, after I have died multiple times trying to defend one cp or another.. (everyone knows I only play the underpop side nowadays).

Ive begun frapsing every time I play now. Once I capture this on film, I will gladly host it on youtube, uneditied, so you can show the coders. maybe that will help?

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday was my first time falling trough stairs in a flagbuilding.

Additionally lot of invisble ei in that flag plus they wont go down when seeing them and shooting them. ( non hit or only damaged)

• 2 months later...

I can confirm it happens when there is a large amount of players in one area; eg during big battles over a town. I suspect its a server side issue.

Restarting the game has fixed it for me so far.

I'm still seeing this nearly every day I play, or the grenades bounce of windows, so it is still happening.

A way to fix the offset it seems for me is to:

1) Go out to persona screen

2) Come back in as AIR at a town FAR away from current location (like 1/2 map)

3) Spawn in AIR rifle for a minute

4) Go back out to persona screen

5) Go back to ARMY persona and spawn back to where you were (or came from)

This seems to fix the problem every time I get it. If I get the problem again, I just repeat the above steps.

• 1 month later...

My most recent line of thought is that upon spawn in you experience a massive FPS drop to 0 (Or at least I do!) where you can still move. At this time, if the player on impulse pushes W to start walking to get out of the depot, the colliders offset and get screwed up.

Only seems to happen on the 2nd floor of the depot, in the room with the stairs.

• Registered Users
My most recent line of thought is that upon spawn in you experience a massive FPS drop to 0 (Or at least I do!) where you can still move. At this time, if the player on impulse pushes W to start walking to get out of the depot, the colliders offset and get screwed up.

Only seems to happen on the 2nd floor of the depot, in the room with the stairs.

Yep I think that's a part of it company0. And I've seen the 0 fps loadin as well as loadin and no hud/chat bar/screen elements for several seconds.

I don't think it's server side though or else restarting our game would not clear it up. I think it's part of the memory leak, even with the 4gig patch or perhaps due to the 4gig patch. I think the server restart simply forces everyone to reload the game clearing their memory in the process.

I'm starting to suspect that the ctd without the 4gig patch was kicking players before this happened? And that with the patch the game gets so badly memory bound that it causes these other oddities.

I'm still seeing this nearly every day I play, or the grenades bounce of windows, so it is still happening.

A way to fix the offset it seems for me is to:

1) Go out to persona screen

2) Come back in as AIR at a town FAR away from current location (like 1/2 map)

3) Spawn in AIR rifle for a minute

4) Go back out to persona screen

5) Go back to ARMY persona and spawn back to where you were (or came from)

This seems to fix the problem every time I get it. If I get the problem again, I just repeat the above steps.

Thanks but for those of us with CTD on multiple town change (scenery memory leak?) This only hastens a crash.

Also get this multiple times per session. I know now to reboot as you arent where you think you are which is a major disadvantage. Also it seems to be relative? As in if you get off set other players are offset and you see guys shooting through walls and other weird shït.

Edited by dotsie

Yep I think that's a part of it company0. And I've seen the 0 fps loadin as well as loadin and no hud/chat bar/screen elements for several seconds.

I don't think it's server side though or else restarting our game would not clear it up. I think it's part of the memory leak, even with the 4gig patch or perhaps due to the 4gig patch. I think the server restart simply forces everyone to reload the game clearing their memory in the process.

I'm starting to suspect that the ctd without the 4gig patch was kicking players before this happened? And that with the patch the game gets so badly memory bound that it causes these other oddities.

Seems like an easy way to check this would be to have someone whos offset and someone who isn't spawn into a depot at the same spawn spot, having a 3rd observer (Rat preferably directly linked to the server) review it.

Second scary thought, what if this is affecting members of the GM corps? If their view is offset they might think someone else is clipping when they're not...

• 2 weeks later...

It happens to me a lot too. Did it ever occur to you guys that recreating might be very difficult if you are too close to the server? The developers might have such good ping that they may not be able to reproduce this issue. The other thing is that they might have very high end machines with very high framerates

• 1 month later...
I can confirm it happens when there is a large amount of players in one area; eg during big battles over a town. I suspect its a server side issue.

Restarting the game has fixed it for me so far.

Seems like that for me as well. Much more common in large battles. Clip through stairs and floors and even have bullets clip through walls and kill me.