• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrzogs

Faster FPS

12 posts in this topic

computer specs: nvidia gtx 280 video card, core2 duo 3 ghz 4mb L2 cache( 1333mhz mhz fsb) CPU, 4g ddr2 ram.

( First off i don't want to lower graphics ;)....Large battles I stay in the low 20s fps, which component does this game use the most ? what do i need to upgrade to have my fps around the 50s in larger battles. Can you guys post your computer specs and tell me how much your FPS is in a large battle ?

I have a X3 720 @3400Mhz / 4Gb RAM / VGA 5770.

Small battles - 70FPS

Large battles - 40FPS

Small battles - 40FPS

Large battles - 20FPS

computer specs: nvidia gtx 280 video card, core2 duo 3 ghz 4mb L2 cache( 1333mhz mhz fsb) CPU, 4g ddr2 ram.

( First off i don't want to lower graphics ;)....Large battles I stay in the low 20s fps, which component does this game use the most ? what do i need to upgrade to have my fps around the 50s in larger battles. Can you guys post your computer specs and tell me how much your FPS is in a large battle ?

Until then, lower your LOD to about 50%. Does wonders for FPS and to be honest, I can't tell the difference in game.

What is LOD?? I cant fight in a large battle' date=' my FPS goes to about 5 and in small battles Im fine[/quote']

Level of detail. It's a slider in the preferences section. Doesn't affect seeing other units. Try it and tell me if/what you notice different other than faster FPS.

I am not sure an upgrade will do much for your performance.

I have a similar setup to the OP (though my gfx card is a few models higher) and my CPU rarely gets above 60% load and my GPU on the GFX card is rarely above 30%. Even while with these light loads, like Lando above, I occasionally get down to 5fps. I dont have difficulties with fps or lag in other MMOs so I dont think it is ping related either.

I suspect the main culprit at the moment is the new net code that CRS are beta testing which is trying to sync all the action together.

Note: I have noticed that when there are a lot of aircraft around the fps drops but this may just be coincidence.

Level of detail. It's a slider in the preferences section. Doesn't affect seeing other units. Try it and tell me if/what you notice different other than faster FPS.

Yes the LOD did help by lowering the settings thanks for that help :) but im in the process of making a new system and i want to know what this game uses more cpu- or gfx card ? im also thinking about setting my system up with SLI but i'm not even sure this game would use SLI. Anyone out their know the specs on this game, what would i need to concentrate my system on cpu or graphics card... any info would help thanks :)

The game only uses 1 CPU and if you have a duel GPU video card, it will only use one core. Not sure about crossfire though. And the last patch just did more damage. ;/

My CPU is a AMD 965 @ 3.4, Video card is GTX 470, with 8 gb 1333 RAM. I get 30 to 35 fps in big cities/large battles, 50+ in small towns & low pop. or out in the boonies.

My settings are maxed except post render filter is turned off ( I despise that), radial clutter is set to minumums on both range and density, and I have Inf LOD set at about 50%. This game is pretty CPU intensive is my understanding, but uses only a bit over 1 core. SLI or Crossfire the game does not use.

I find it pathetic we have to nerf the game even more with every patch. Even those of us who have a system with plenty of ass to play this game are getting FPS in the teens. In amiens today i was between 19-25fps the entire time.:mad:

I find it pathetic we have to nerf the game even more with every patch. Even those of us who have a system with plenty of ass to play this game are getting FPS in the teens. In amiens today i was between 19-25fps the entire time.:mad:

Wow, you get 20? I envy that. Amiens gave me a slideshow.

What you want is an I5 or I7 processor overclocked to 5Ghz or more...this is the most important part

and a decent graphics card...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0