Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
altimeter

Battleground Europe 2

10 posts in this topic

Hi

Are there any plans for a new game? During the last month I played Battleground Europe and am fascinated by the concept - However in all honesty the age of the game kills any immersion I might otherwise feel.

Stuff like being able to walk through vehicles just pulls me out of the game everytime. Maybe Im spoiled by todays games, and I am definitly angry I wasnt here ~ 5 years ago - But are there any plans for a "Battleground Europe 2"?

Please no hate.

Hi

Are there any plans for a new game? During the last month I played Battleground Europe and am fascinated by the concept - However in all honesty the age of the game kills any immersion I might otherwise feel.

Stuff like being able to walk through vehicles just pulls me out of the game everytime. Maybe Im spoiled by todays games, and I am definitly angry I wasnt here ~ 5 years ago - But are there any plans for a "Battleground Europe 2"?

Please no hate.

Well Ive been sitting here trying to figure out if Im going to subscribe or not. I remember the game from years ago. We had huge crowds, huge attacks. Im talking 30+ paras dropping together, large bombing missions, I played this game exclusively. For endless hours on end.

And what made it great then is still here. It never had world beater graphics but the team play is better then any game Ive ever seen. It was nothing to see more tow trucks then gun tubes spawning. Players were/are selfless, squads have always worked together. Even better we have Track IR in the game.

I play BF and COD too and something is just plain missing in those games even with their "oh wow" graphics and damage engines. Theres very little teamwork in them, joystick support sucks, and you feel on your own all the time. Like me the BGE crowd has always been older, and thats a good thing.

So I'll at least buy a month or two and see how it goes. All we need are the old players back ; We dont need BGE-2. The game is unique enough as it is.

There will never be a battleground europe 2, because this game is always evolving as it is.

With every new patch the game itself becomes new. This game is 10 plus years old. If you played it when it first came out, it would seem like a tottally different game.

There is really no game like this, but its one of those concepts, where some people like it, some people hate it. I happen to love it.

I hope you guys stay for awhile, this game can only be as good as we have players. S!

Also, during my time online there were hardly any players. The maximum was one evening with 10 guys and two tanks while a plane circled overhead.

This game really needs a successor.

Edited by altimeter

Hi

Please no hate.

Walking through vehicles in a new, 1.34 bug. Please don't let that keep you from subbing as I'm sure they're working on a fix.

Seriously doubt a number 2 will ever happen...

WAYYYY too much work went into this game over the years for me to think of them pulling the plug and doing a whole new game just to please a few with eye candy.

I hate the way the infantry look, its a chiropractors wet dream with all the hunched over cant stand up right characters...units on AT/AAA just stay in the same position while being pushed or towed, cant get off or out of the vehicles...the list goes on.

But I started playing this game when it was released, talk about a wow factor in so many different ways....

so many bugs it made the orkin man drool but yet such a new and unchallenged idea it made you wanna see what came next.

If you think this game is so bad it needs a number 2 you should have been around 10 years ago lol.

I have watched this game go from no-ragg doll character models where at best you got a blood splat, rifles and smgs only because thats all we had...a few tanks and a few planes to what it is now, believe me....this games come a long way.....no need for # 2, just watch the evolution here and forget about the eye candy for a while....once you get the hang of it you wont even notice the lil things like a players dead body being dragged by an invisible line off into absolutley nowhere or even the fact that inf can go through tanks.

eh, who knows, maybe ill even resub at the end of my sub ;)

Perhaps they should have called 1.34 'WW11OL 2011', thats all alot of other games do when they add content. So yes the game has been alive a long time, with versions out every year but to say it's a 10 year old game is a little misleading.

CRS has been at pains to put out messages in games and on the main page that they are currently testing the new release. Perhaps they could have kept it in beta for a little longer to iron out the bugs, but testing it on the live server with greater numbers was deemed to be quicker i think, so bear with them, they are working as fast as they can to get us back onto full campaign mode.

Also, during my time online there were hardly any players. The maximum was one evening with 10 guys and two tanks while a plane circled overhead.

This game really needs a successor.

Unfortunately you've been playing while a massive beta test intermission has been going on, after the first few days of intermissions numbers drop off dramatically as people get bored/have a break and wait for the next campaign to start.

Fingers crossed crs will sort out some extra playtime as compensation for the inconvenience of the extended beta intermission.

You were playing ww2online. They later added the BattlegroundEurope to the title. The game has been changing over the years with new terrain, new game mechanics new toys & it will continue to evolve in the same manner.

I've been here non stop since 2001 & like the challenge this game offers. I dont' need quick action with eye candy & all the cheats people use in other games. I much prefer this game that actually MAKES teamwork a necessity in order for either side to win.

Winning can be on different levels. how long did I live. did I actually accomplish personal goals. did I capture that flag. did I hold that flag from being captured. Was I able to lead an assault/defense on a town/fb. Was I able to bomb my target accurately. Was I able to keep ea off my wingman. The list can go on & on until one side as a team achieves the goal of winning a campaign be it 3 days or 3 months.

I used to be in HC & switched sides 2 yrs ago to fly. I have recently started playing on the ground a bit again to only find that I no longer have the skills I once had playing the ground war. LOL I know when players leave & come back they have to relearn the game as things are constantly changing with each update.

So as others have stated, we all doubt BGE 2 will come out in the future as it seems to most of us that were far beyond a 2nd game will all the updates & changes the RATs have made over the years. They just now introduced the Americans & they will more than likely expand on that phase once they get all the bugs worked out on this patch.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0