Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
actrade

Bad FPS in 1.34? Turn Down Your Infantry Level of Detail Slider

7 posts in this topic

Turned mine down to 50%, left everything on high, FPS in a big, city fight went from 15-20 to 25-35. Question for CRS: what changed in 1.34 to account for FPS dropping this much without a change in LOD slider? Thanks!

i feel the same way man!! From what people was saying, the new patch was going to help performance. But as I and many other people have come too see, its gotten worse.

I use to be able to play on high everything and maintain a good 40-50 fps average.

All i want is a consistent 30 fps, thats it. Anyway, ill try that, thanks man!

Hi

I have these experiences with optimal settings for even battle.

I have :

I5 2500K - overclocked in 1 core usage to 45x multiply

AMD HD 6950 2GB - not OC

In game settings:

- inf detail level set to half of slider

- radial cluster MAX

- grass density MIN-AVG

- display corpses 1 min

- shadows at LOW - not difference at MAX

- vsync ON *

- all other options at HIGH

In Catalyst AMD drivers (if you have good card)

- set AA to 4x and edge detect to 12x

- set anisotrophic to 8x

- set triple buffering in OpenGl *

* Vsync reduces your FPS if you capturing CPs (or if you are in free area) from about 150 to 60 and your graphic card can be cooled down. Tripple buffering provide you good smoothly aiming.

This is compromise between 100+ FPS in CPs on open areas (when fan of graphic card is very loud) and good playability.

PS: If you have CPU with low performance in one core usage then god with you :-)

Edited by certcz

i feel the same way man!! From what people was saying, the new patch was going to help performance. But as I and many other people have come too see, its gotten worse.

I use to be able to play on high everything and maintain a good 40-50 fps average.

All i want is a consistent 30 fps, thats it. Anyway, ill try that, thanks man!

same here, FPS has dropped way too sharply, it is too clear something in the patch ****ed up fps lol. I went for 30-35 in a decent fight to 20-25

Question: since patch testing has tended to group us all up in VERY confined spaces, I won't how much of the low FPS, at least on the ground, are due to simply more players in a tight area?

I went from 60 fps to 14 fps with 1.34. I backed-off the Visible Player Limit fom "High" to "Medium" which brought the fps back up to playable levels. Didn't like doing that though.

System:

Intel i7 Quad @3.8 ghz/8 GB DDR3 RAM/Nvidia GTX580 3GB DDR5 VRAM 2560x1600 @60hz Win7 64 Bit. I run 2x AA, 16x Anisotropic, Multisampling, High Quality Texture Filtering, Triple Buffering OFF, and Vsync OFF in the Nvidia driver.

I pretty much run WWIIOL everything maxed except i have water reflections OFF, Post Render Filter OFF, Shadows MEDIUM, and Radial Clutter all the way left on the slider. Sound is handled by an XFI Fatality.

As you can see i run very high screen resolution which taxes the hell out of my machine. I'll try a lower Infantry LOD and see if that helps.

I think 1.34 could stand some optimization but all in all i think it's a great build that adds new life to the game.

C.

Edited by cabby

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0