Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

German language is missing 1.34.3.2

cancro

same problem here.

Took a while before I found the language setting in-game, because the settings changing from outside game apparently doesn't work either.

Hi

CRS appears to have no interest in the German players to allow the reasonable games.

It is sad that everything possible will be answered but not in an error message that is important.

The German player may well have expected that this error is corrected yesterday by a fast Patsch.

This is a shame

cancro

same problem here.

Took a while before I found the language setting in-game, because the settings changing from outside game apparently doesn't work either.

I switched to english language in the settings, but I hope that this bug get fixed for the WBS event...

is there already a hotpatch planed? this makes me realy unable to play

einfach in die ingame settings gehen

in den tab: ?widgets.prefs?

auswahl oben links: ?widgets.prefs.groups.titles.game?

rechte seite das dropdown menü auswählen: ?widgets.prefs.groups.game.language?

den obersten punkt auswählen

unten links klicken: ?widgets.prefs.save?

dann hast du das auf englisch eingestellt und kannst erstmal bis zum hotfix weiterzocken

Edited by bronco69

It is sad that everything possible will be answered but not in an error message that is important.

Cancro, calm down. As far as I know it is fixed for the next hotpatch.

Hi rote7

And why none of CRS says something in this error message to that?

And when is the patch?

It would be a matter of service to the German players to fix the minor problem quickly with a quick patch

I expect a patch before the weekend, it would be a disaster, the German player with this error to be playing over the weekend since it's a simple mistake.

I'm disappointed it will not respond to such an error message.

cancro

Cancro, wir sind als deutsche Spieler eine Minderheit. Im Moment haben die Ratten alle Hände voll zu tun. Mich ärgert es auch, das keiner was dazu sagt. Aber ich weiß dass es im nächsten Patch gefixt ist und hoffe, dass der auch noch vor dem Eventstart rauskommt.

---

Cancro, we german players are a minority in this game. At the moment the rats are busy fixing "more important" things. I am not happy either that noone even reacts to that error report, but what can you do. I know that the problem is fixed in the next patch and I sincerely hope it will be issued before the WBS event starts.

I know it's friday, but a diff patch as non mandatory download would have been a nice gesture towards the german community. The problem was known longer than today. We have lots of returning german players and they are greeted with a garbled welcome screen. Not the first impression I would like to make on a Welcome Back Soldier.

Hallo rote7,

Cancro, wir sind als deutsche Spieler eine Minderheit. Im Moment haben die Ratten alle Hände voll zu tun. Mich ärgert es auch, das keiner was dazu sagt. Aber ich weiß dass es im nächsten Patch gefixt ist und hoffe, dass der auch noch vor dem Eventstart rauskommt.

---

Cancro, we german players are a minority in this game. At the moment the rats are busy fixing "more important" things. I am not happy either that noone even reacts to that error report, but what can you do. I know that the problem is fixed in the next patch and I sincerely hope it will be issued before the WBS event starts.

Hätte es nie eine deutsche Sprache gegeben, hätten Sie mich nie als Kunden gewonnen. Daher sehe ich es nicht ein auf englisch zu spielen nur weil sie keine Lust haben ihren Fehler schnell wieder zu beheben.

Ich zahle für das Spiel und wenn sie die deutsche Sprache nicht unterstützen würden hätte ich nie für das Spiel gezahlt und daher erwarte ich das sie sich Mühe geben ihren Angerichteten Fehler schnell zu beheben.

Meine Fehlermeldung war klar verständlich und das Sie nicht sofort gehandelt haben enttäuscht mich sehr.

Sie hätten nur 10 min Arbeit investieren müssen und alles wäre gut.

---

I use this time not the translator, the CRSs may translate itself

Mfg

cancro

fast 5 Tage werden die deutschsprachigen schon ignoriert ...

Schade das wir nicht pro Spieltag zahlen ... dann würden sie sich anders benehmen.

I know it's friday' date=' but a diff patch as non mandatory download would have been a nice gesture towards the german community. The problem was known longer than today. We have lots of returning german players and they are greeted with a garbled welcome screen. Not the first impression I would like to make on a Welcome Back Soldier.[/quote']

Not possible with the problem that it might break more than it fixes. I'll be putting this into beta today and testing internally. Hopefully go out this week but with the short week I have very little client support for anything going wrong.

"Not possible with the problem that it might break more than it fixes." < cringe-making, could we maybe have some more infos about it? why could a language issue, wich is just for the apperance of the gui, break anythink while all the other languages are working? weird think...

I don't see how more info could help but sure:

When you patch a client there will be an upversion. With reduced client coder support it is difficult to make sure that unintended changes don't make it in. With the response that I get to testing requests it is hard to do a fast turn around on these items especially when they are non critical. This is non-critical in the big picture so patching, especially on a friday afternoon but double especially when my client coders aren;t available for a week is what I call reckless.

This whole issue is because I grabbed translations which were broken. Without a beta there is really almost no way to know if translations are broken. They almost never are. These were.

In the future I'll just have to have translations cut off early. You German guys should really thank rote and the boys who keep these up to date for you. If not for them there would be no translated version.

I apologize especially to them for not communicating better on this issue. I'm a little overloaded at present.

I'm currently testing a patch in house that should fix this issue. Hopefully in publishing it it won't create others of bigger magnitude.

German language works fine for me, although I prefer to set the game to English. In my opinion a missing translation is hardly game-breaking.

Try reinstalling the latest client if you insist on having German terms for WW2-related things :rolleyes:

Maybe its not gamebreaking, but its "promotionbreaking" for potential german speaking customers or even "gametesters", who just wanna log in to that invitation..