Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
josephy7

Waterloo - Napoleonic fighting.

5 posts in this topic

I know I may be laughed at...but I had an idea.

Recreate a "Napoleonic" fight around Waterloo. Rifle only, set up two command positions (MSP?), have some larger AT Guns as cannons. Rifles line up in formation, and both sides attack as gentlemen.

Might be good for a giggle event, but would need a lot of people and coordination. So likely not going to happen...but I just wanted to throw it out there.

I know I may be laughed at...but I had an idea.

Recreate a "Napoleonic" fight around Waterloo. Rifle only, set up two command positions (MSP?), have some larger AT Guns as cannons. Rifles line up in formation, and both sides attack as gentlemen.

Might be good for a giggle event, but would need a lot of people and coordination. So likely not going to happen...but I just wanted to throw it out there.

the rifles we use are far more har hitting, have a longer range, and faster reload spead, even compared to the 95th's standards.

the axis column would colapse at the first british volly.

a better reanactment would be rorks drift, 70 odd brit rifles vs 3000 axis with knives. :D

of course your idea could have the americans playing the prussians which would be pure win. ;)

Edited by mile

You could force the riflemen to fire from the hip only (ie no ironsights) to simulate the lower accuracy of a Musket - then have a knife charge for bayonets.

Although you'd only be able to fire about 3 - 4 shots per minute as well!

Truck Cavalry would be a laugh for running people over - don't think Infantry squares would quite work the same against them though.

P.S. Can I be Sharpe? :D

Edited by mjdixon

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0