• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
creepyme

Opinion on game performance

4 posts in this topic

After playing today compared to when all the beta testing started, I wanted to say I was pleasantly surprised on how well the infantry play was.

One of my biggest concerns I had at first was the constant death lag. Well after playing today I never experienced it one time. The play was VERY smooth. If I shot someone, they dropped dead. The game was brighter. Overall things look better visually. I love how the buildings blow up. The rubble looks so much better.

I do think the performance FPS wise is still very poor. I mean I was getting stutters pretty bad in a small town with only an average population. Even when FPS showed 40 it was still stuttering, but I don't know if that is the norm. I need to play more to find out. That is with ALL settings on low and my CPU at 3.4ghz, 4gigs of ram, and a 4870 gfx card.

But I wanted to say well done on the infantry lag. It was aweful at first. I logged out so many times angry because of it and I have been waiting to see if this was going to get resolved. It looks like it has been fixed. I managed to kill several since I had the drop on them and they weren't able to stand there and kill me after being shot. They fell like they should.

Also I never CTD one time today. This could change, but hey I made it through a day without crashing so that is a huge improvement. :)

Edited by creepyme

Its hard to tell cause after the opening days the game rarely had a crowd larger then "medium" and even that was only on prime time US weekend nights. The few times I saw, "BGE game monitor", of "large", or was in large battles, it didnt last long cause the server crashed and 1/2 the players left for greener pasteurs. I havnt seen anything above "light" in the last week.

So how do you guage the performance of a MMOG when you only have a light multi-player base?

After playing today compared to when all the beta testing started, I wanted to say I was pleasantly surprised on how well the infantry play was.

One of my biggest concerns I had at first was the constant death lag. Well after playing today I never experienced it one time. The play was VERY smooth. If I shot someone, they dropped dead. The game was brighter. Overall things look better visually. I love how the buildings blow up. The rubble looks so much better.

I do think the performance FPS wise is still very poor. I mean I was getting stutters pretty bad in a small town with only an average population. Even when FPS showed 40 it was still stuttering, but I don't know if that is the norm. I need to play more to find out. That is with ALL settings on low and my CPU at 3.4ghz, 4gigs of ram, and a 4870 gfx card.

But I wanted to say well done on the infantry lag. It was aweful at first. I logged out so many times angry because of it and I have been waiting to see if this was going to get resolved. It looks like it has been fixed. I managed to kill several since I had the drop on them and they weren't able to stand there and kill me after being shot. They fell like they should.

Also I never CTD one time today. This could change, but hey I made it through a day without crashing so that is a huge improvement. :)

There is no way to fix lag, other than making everyone live in N America or inventing FTL comms or something.

AFAIK CRS hasn't done anything to reduce mutual kills. I still get them. You must've been lucky or playing around peak Texas time. Maybe the lower player pop helps somehow.

There is no way to fix lag, other than making everyone live in N America or inventing FTL comms or something.

AFAIK CRS hasn't done anything to reduce mutual kills. I still get them. You must've been lucky or playing around peak Texas time. Maybe the lower player pop helps somehow.

I don't think were on the same page in regard to lag. I clearly said the infantry lag was better. Infantry lag is what I experience from others, what I see from them. It doesn't seem as bad as it once was.

When I say the game still stutters, I am not talking about other players so the population or where players may originate does not matter. By stutter I mean the game seems to go frame by frame even when FPS appear to still be good.

The intent of my thread was simply to express that from my point of view the infantry lag as we have known it seems to be better than it was a few weeks back, but I still experience times where the game goes frame by frame. Even though I don't have this problem in any other game or running application I still experience it in this game. Nevertheless, it could get better in time. I am however happy that infantry play seems smoother.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0