Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Unable to place FRUs

jon8798

Not sure if already posted, but last night and today I've had problems placinf FRUs as inf. I made a defensive mission from a town depot, ran out, placed a FRU fine. Went to move it 10 mins later and had the green boxes, but clicking the mouse did nothing. No head shake, no error message.

Today, made a mission from a flag in Koblenz to Kob-Frankfurt CP. I went to build a DFRU and the same thing happened. Green boxes, but clicking does nothing. The flag in Kob is still there, nothing has changed - I should be able to build one, right?

Anyway, asked on chat and a couple of other people reported intermittent fru building bugs too. Anything up?

I get this too every now and then. Tonight has it happend at four different occasions (missions).

I have checked the necessary issues; I am close to the target, origin is still in our control, the brigade is still in. Get green ghost MS. But can't place MS.

The second time it happend tonight had I already placed an MS twice during the mission. When I was about to place it a third time was it impossible. Still a green ghost MS but unable to place it.

Last time it happend was it close to our own FB that also was the target. So I did a new mission with the FB as target and still nothing.

After I had reboot was it still impossible to place MS. It wasn't until the third mission I made I was able to place an MS.

I have had this since return to campaign. This only happens when playing French, no problems when British.

At first I thought my left click was broke, nothing happens when trying to place FRU.

I happened to re-install Windows and the game today yet I still have the issue.

I hope "Keep an eye on it" also means investigating the issue.

Gophur, it is only French grenadier that I have the issue with. I can respawn as rifle and place FRU fine.

And I don't know if it is related or the French Gren got whacked but the gren's rifle is no longer accurate as it was prior to mini-camp. What used to be a 200m shot now shows round hitting much lower. I've adjusted up to 400m before I start seeing the rounds hit higher but it still doesn't look correct.

Just logged in, still no go with French Gren.

I respawned as each other French inf unit and can place FRU. Just not that Grenadier.

I get this sometimes when I use def fru to take out to a FB. Mostly I thought it was because HC switched the brigades around from town to another town. I use def so I can rtb and not walk to town.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Still cannot place FRU as French Grenadier. Thought the fix would be in the patch.

What is the message you receive? Is the cool down timer working or not?

Confirm french grenadier not placing fru. Hmm... Will fix for next release.

I swear I fixed that once! Honest!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been unable to place FRUs most the time since the last patch.

Once I was given ML from a person who also could not place it - now both of us could not - as if the mission is contaminated in some way. I was German at this time. I cannot rememer units.

I often play GERMAN grenidier in town. May be part of the problem You need to put in game that the grenidier should not take ML because of FRU issue?

I have been able to occasionaly set ONE fru as a German grenidier if I am the original ML. Then, cannot move or replace. If people take ML, they can do it.

Saturday I was given ML and was a German engineer. I moved FRU once. Then could not. Yes all green boxes. The timer seemed to take forever. It was as if it stopped just before timing out. I was killed and respawned as an ATR. Subsequently, I moved FRU several times as an ATR, LMG and SMG.

Today, Sunday, I, as a German grenidier was given ML. I commented that I was awaiting the timer. The prior ML was suprised and told me it had been 12 minutes and the timer should be run out. The timer looked stopped. It took several more minutes to get green boxes. I could not set the FRU at 1k from town and green boxes. Now in bush making this complaint.

==

I have stopped being ML and, henceforth, will not take ML. I used to take ML and intentionaly stay out of town to move and replace FRU to keep the attack going.

• 2 weeks later...

Not without many many more testers confirming issues from the read me like the terrain memory leak fix and the PIATs working correctly.

• 2 weeks later...