Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.34 LIVE TEST - Connection Fixes

GOPHUR

We're planning a release into beta and then live in the coming week. In addition to host fixes and several data issues there will also be a host OS upgrade.

The client changes that will be going live are largely connection fixes that address:

- reconnecting to the mmhost without getting a chat disconnect

- respawn without crashing

These account for the majority of current issues. They aren't all the connection clean up that will be finished this weekend but it is enough for us to get some testing feedback. I'd like to have gotten a beta together but it just hasn;t happened. Expect that to come soon.

THIS IS UNTESTED BETA SOFTWARE!!!

OK technically this isn't that big a deal but I need to let you know that I HAVE ERASED HARD DRIVES BEFORE!!!

Still here? Good. Pretty simple.

To run the test executable download and run this file:

http://downloads.wwiionline.com/wwiiol1345test.exe

If you have problems with that and want to revert to the release version then download and install this file:

http://downloads.wwiionline.com/wwiiol1345untest.exe

If you are having connection issues then please try and replicate them. Make sure to post here or in your other thread what your experience is.

That's it. Bob's your uncle.

Thanks for helping.

P.S. If it works for you then tell your friends to try it out too. If it is a giant pile of fail, well, then let's just keep this between us shall we?

Here are my test results:

When opening the .exe avast complains that the file looks suspicious and recommends to open it in a sandbox, I installed the patch normally.

As for the actual testing:

-spawned rifle in some town and despawned

-relocated to another brigade, set up new mission and attemted to respawn but got the enter world bug (enter world button grays out after clicking but no reaction, after some seconds button reverts status but still doesn't work)

To fix the bug the client had to be restarted. I attempted two more times to spawn in, first time works, second time you get the enter world bug. Whether you create a new mission or switch brigades doesn't matter (i.e. despawning and spawning into the same mission also leads to enter world bug).

Eventually I applied the untest.exe, which removes the enter world bug (and doesn't delete my HDD).

Then I looked whether the spawn-in CTD is still there and despawned/spawned in different cities and FBs. Here is the approximate time between hitting the enter world button and spawning into the game world for each spawn attempt ("1." is the first spawn after starting the client):

1.: about 3 seconds, spawned normally

2.: about 17 seconds, spawned normally

3.: about 2 seconds, spawned normally

4.: about 3 seconds, spawned normally

5.: CTD after about 27 seconds

Edited by mrfancyp

Similar experience here.

Download and install fine. Enter world for one sortie as usual. Unable to re enter world for second sortie. Makes no difference whether I remain on same mission or change brigades. Enter World button greys out for 8 or 9 seconds, nothing more.

Reverted to previous version and back to same issue of getting randomly booted when changing between flags.

CTD after 4th respawn...

Joined one existing def mission up north (Jodoigne i think), spawned, didnt move, despawned...

Made Mission at Tienen AB i think, spawn, didnt move/respawn, twice...

Joined existing mission one town south and CTD immediately after entering world...

Test #2

Made mission oostmalle ab, spawn/despawn...

Made mission Grobbendonk ab, spawn/respawn 3x...

Joined existing mission Aarschot, CTD after hitting enter world

GOPHUR, hold the update. You've got issues

Getting cellhost 10057 when I try to spawn in after 3 successful spawn in's after NO issues. Its not reconnecting, or if it is its instantly losing the connection when I try to respawn.

Decided to try it to see if it would cause any new issues.

Now un-patching.

Steps

Spawn in as a Flak 40mm at Schilde - Oost FB (Axis).

Spawn in. Despawn

Spawn In. Despawn

Spawn In. Despawn

Try to Spawn In. Cell Host 10057.

Second attempt to replicate, spawned in once as a rifleman, wouldn't let me spawn in again.

Edited by COMPANY0

After every half hour play or so, i get Connection to cell host lost (10057)

i can still chat and everything i just cant reserve and spwn.

Im gona undo the test executable unfortunatelly.

Similarly to others, I could spawn in one time just fine but when respawing I could not move to the spawn-in screen, instead the "enter world" button on the mission screen would grey out and then go back to green but nothing else would happen. I never had this problem before, this patch caused it for me.

One thing I noticed, though, is that the maps on the mission and brigade screens were scrolling between towns in jerks rather than smoothly after a failed spawn attempt. When I exited the game I noticed the credits were not scrolling smoothly, either. I started and exited the game three times becasue of failed spawn attempts and it was like this each time. Don't know if that helps at all, but it seemed curious.

i think i ctd more than anyone els lol

im getting this every respawn regardles of KIA or RTB

so far this map 18 sorties 14 of which are ctd's on respawn, the 4 real sorties are from when the game is loaded fresh.

downloaded this test patch

plink kills > working

in-game AAR > gone

respawn > yes but still ctd everytime

CSR recorded kills shows kill but in sortie AAR no kill, 3rd party "supa statho" website is telling me who i killed though

Fail. I keep getting "Lost Connection" If I want to continue to playing, I have to exit game completely. Although, this time lasted longer (btw, I d/l new beta patch). Ugh! Very, very frustrating. It's been worse since last big "fix". FYI

GOPHUR, hold the update. You've got issues

Getting cellhost 10057 when I try to spawn in after 3 successful spawn in's after NO issues. Its not reconnecting, or if it is its instantly losing the connection when I try to respawn.

Decided to try it to see if it would cause any new issues.

Now un-patching.

Steps

Spawn in as a Flak 40mm at Schilde - Oost FB (Axis).

Spawn in. Despawn

Spawn In. Despawn

Spawn In. Despawn

Try to Spawn In. Cell Host 10057.

Second attempt to replicate, spawned in once as a rifleman, wouldn't let me spawn in again.

I am getting similair results on fourth spawn on a mission.

Here's what I am seeing. Please let me know if you're seeing something different:

Test 1

• spawn
  • despawn
  • spawn
  • despawn
  • at one despawn you'll get no AAR but be at the persona select
    • supply still shows your vehicle missing

Nevermind. Ramp says probably fixed. Will do open beta today for you guys to test.