• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lowflyr

Help programming Ch controllers

6 posts in this topic

Greetings everyone.

It has been over 4+ years since I played. Just began missing it too much. Anyway, I need help in programming my CH Products controllers (Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, Fighterstick).

When I go to the Keymapper and I hit the detect button, it says it has detected the controls and it recognizes my various controller input buttons when I'm programming but they do not read any of the axis's when I move them. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Is it something I have to do in the CH Products control manager or is it something I'm missing in WWIIOL. Does anyone have a file for the control manager for the three controllers I could use, which may be a faster way.

Can anyone help, it would sure be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lowflyr

You're welcome to mine. Don't know if it'll be set the way you want though.

It combines all three controllers into one or two devices, with elevator trim set up for the mini stick on the throttle, aerilon trim on the stick throttle, and rudder left as keyboard. Elev trim netral/full trim on one of the throttle hats.

Three bomb drop macros for some stick buttons.

Etc etc.

There's a few other peeps around using their own setups. Think madrebel? is the guru. At least, he's who I copied shamelessly for some of the trim programming.

The two files are here and here. for cms and map file respectively.

Don't forget that they need to be started in comtrol manager before they'll work... and you can have them automatically start on boot by using chstart.exe in your startup folder.

Edited by kamel

thanks Kamel,

I'm still confused. Where do load these files? Into my Ch Products Control Manager and save or into WWOL files. Still wondering why my controller axis's are not recognized by WWIIOL? I think it may have something I'm not doing right in CH P control manager. Not checking the right boxes?

Lowflyr

Just realised thos mpas won't work. I use a combatstick, not fighterstick.

New map uploaded for fighterstick. Original cms file is fine.

Start the control manager software.

Click 'load' and select the appropriate map file from wherever you keep it [normally under my documents/CH control manager/Maps]

Click mapped mode to test out the various functions and see what they're mapped to.

Note that many functions will need to be assigned IN THE GAME in the game keymapper to work properly. [offline is fine]

Click 'download' to try it out in game.

Once you have everything set up how you want, put a shortcut to Chstart.exe [its in your ch products folder] in your startup folder. This will run the map automaticaly when you boot up.

I've been using a CH setup for about the last 10 years, great rig. The only thing I can add is that the 64 bit version of control manager is a little wonky, compared to the 32 bit XP version. It works, but it's fussy.

I use the rig for INF play, works OK. I have the 3 units set as separate units.

As long as everything is set correctly in Windows, it works flawlessly in WWIIOnline. So make sure everything works properly in Windows first and no worries.

Wassail.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0