Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

MAC: Still can't login?

delems

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeeptj

• montyuno

• delems

• marcus

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, the team has a Beta almost ready for you guys.

Gophur is working on building it now, but it might not be ready until Monday and will open the Beta server so it can be tested by one of you fine fellows.

Stay tuned to the Twitter/FB feed for when it's ready (he said small chance this weekend).

Well, a beta 'almost ready' Friday, then I guess they took the weekend off since there's been nothing since... by that I mean confirming the wait till Monday for the beta, or not ready Monday, or maybe Tuesday... or February...

Are those of us that haven't been able to log on for almost a month, who have un-installed and reinstalled and all that going to be getting a billing credit for all this?

Seeing how we've paid for 3 going on 4 weeks for a game we can play, I think that's only right.

:(

Edited by vosges45

Well, a beta 'almost ready' Friday, then I guess they took the weekend off since there's been nothing since... by that I mean confirming the wait till Monday for the beta, or not ready Monday, or maybe Tuesday... or February...

Are those of us that haven't been able to log on for almost a month, who have un-installed and reinstalled and all that going to be getting a billing credit for all this?

Seeing how we've paid for 3 going on 4 weeks for a game we can play, I think that's only right.

:(

This is like when the game was brand new - they gave us day 1 players a 6 month grace on paying because of all the bugs that were in the game. I also resubbed at the same time the "new" patch went in and haven't had much fun playing. I've spent more time in trying to log in rather than playing. A CREDIT IS DUE !!

Someone suggested a joystick unplugging would fix the login issue. I don't think that was a confirmed fix, maybe a one time.

I've tested with joysticks and cannot replicate the bug.

Someone suggested a joystick unplugging would fix the login issue. I don't think that was a confirmed fix, maybe a one time.

I've tested with joysticks and cannot replicate the bug.

Playing without joystick...

Unpluggin any usb devices doesnt change anything.

Best luck I had is switching between connections after 2 tries, usually get in at 5-10 tries atm.

and for ref this is what the console records:

World War ][ Online[2809] : kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSRemoveSurface: Invalid window 0xe0e

NETWORK ERROR: Unable to complete network selectionExited Program: file: /Users/ahwulf/ww2ol/1.34/WW2/src/rn/rnmain.cpp, line: 410, App Version: 1.34.6

Message string: Unable to complete network selection

Edited by marcus

I also play w/o a joystick. Though had joystick in yesterday to fly some (or was it Sat? either way) and I still took about 10 tries to log in, don't think it has any effect. But, my FPS is basically cut in half when I play with a joystick plugged in. (hence why I leave it off now)

18 times I tried and can't get into the game.

When is it going to be FIXED??

Totally removed anything connected with WWII OL on my Mac Pro. (Lion)

Uploading the game to my MacBook Pro to see if it will launch (Snow Lep)

I'll try connecting with the laptop.

Next - I'll upload the game to the Mac Pro and try again.

I'll do a netstat on both.

Edited by jeeptj

It's not the computers

It's the patch.

Won't work with my MacPro, Macbook Pro and the iMac.

(and I'm paying for this crap??)

When's it going to be fixed??

All last days since the last patch I can't play. I cleaned the mac with mackeeper, then I delete with mackeeper the wwiionline, and then download the game again. I lunch the game without problems. Works fine. The first time since December 22.

---

Re-edit:

Bad, the next try to lunch the game no works... :-(

Cheers

Edited by titu250

Something different on the loading status bar where it usually say "finding best connection" it flashed "incomplete network" before kicking to desk top..

Cheers Montyuno

Still unable to launch the game.

Looks as though the Rats just don't care - doesn't it??

• No Update to progress or failure on fixing the launch bug
  • No Attempt to provide us a game credit since December 27

Sure glad that I didn't pay for an entire year. That would have been a stupid mistake. You can be sure I won't do this again.

See above...

Very lame....

It is not our connect, ram, cpu, vid card, OS or anything else client side, so that narrows it down abit..

A tip:

GET A MAC FROM THE OFFICE OR BORROW OR BUY ONE.

PUT IT IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR OR MOPED.

TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE, A FRIENDS HOUSE, A COFFEE SHOP, SOMEWHERE OTHER THAN THE OFFICE.

TRY AND LOG IN TO YOUR GAME.

THERE, SEE HOW EASY IT WAS TO DUPLICATE THE PROBLEM.....

Cheers Montyuno