• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
delems

When will mac users be able to log on?

66 posts in this topic

After WEEKS of telling us it's being worked on, or "ALMOST FIXED" or "IT'S FIXED"...please let's not make this an "I can't seem to repeat the issue" issue.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac

OSX Version 10.6.8

Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Model Identifier: iMac11,3

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.93 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s

Boot ROM Version: IM112.0057.B00

SMC Version (system): 1.59f2

As of yesterday (haven't tried today) it still takes me about 10 tries to login, so I do always eventually get in. However, prior to 12/15 patch, it never took more than one try, i.e. it always worked on the first try.

As of yesterday (haven't tried today) it still takes me about 10 tries to login' date=' so I do always eventually get in. However, prior to 12/15 patch, it never took more than one try, i.e. it always worked on the first try.[/quote']

First I would try to upgrade to lion. 10.7.2

Give that a try.

ATC

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice - That doesn't do it.

Before the last patch, the game would launch on the 1st try.

• What was changed or added to the launch sequence in this last patch?
  • What ports were closed or eliminated?
  • Were permissions omitted?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice - That doesn't do it.

Before the last patch, the game would launch on the 1st try.

• What was changed or added to the launch sequence in this last patch?

• What ports were closed or eliminated?

• Were permissions omitted?

+1

First I would try to upgrade to lion. 10.7.2

Give that a try.

ATC

Waste of money.

Both 10.7 and 10.6 users reported the problem so it's not OS related.

I have the same problem, but the other day, I bought a macbook pro with Lion for my son, I'm tested battelground and works fine. In my computer, a imac 27", with 10.6.8 don't work... I thinks is possible the OS?

I have the same problem' date=' but the other day, I bought a macbook pro with Lion for my son, I'm tested battelground and works fine. In my computer, a imac 27", with 10.6.8 don't work... I thinks is possible the OS?[/quote']

In your case it possibly is that there were no previous versions installed on it.

So must be something related to the preferences stored.

Maybe erasing everything (clean install) will get rid of the issue.

Just logged in and it launched the first time not even hanging for a second on the 'find connection' thing...

Well 10.7 isn't an option for me atm, I use some older programs that 10.6 has compatibility mode for. I would need to buy a couple of new programs just to get my required sw running; plus I wouldn't be able to run Palm or Rosetta language software. Besides, the problem has been reported on both versions.

Just hopped on and installed the latest mac update.

I am happy to report

FINDING BEST CONNECTION BUG!!!

Have all the latest Mac side OS stuff and super duper iMac system.

weird.

Fortunately I have the game running on boot camp.

Still....really quite disheartening.

Tried the following:

Using MacKeeper did a total uninstall. Re installed from the ftp site.

Cleaned out the PRAM...hell who knows what evil may have lurked there LOL.

didn't work.

Went back and manually went to prefs and tossed it all.

Game fired up in default screen graphics mode 480 x 600 or something...but STILL DID NOT CONNECT.

Same best connection error.

Who knows...but if Mac was my only option I would be totally pissed off about it.

I suppose this for all the good Karma I have had for this game for 8 years....where there has been virtually nothing going wrong.

Hope some $$ and time is spent on it.

Back to the windows version via bootcamp.

Which...is working moderately well but more CTD's in a week than I saw in all my mac days for 8 years.

Sigh....

On the other hand I have ordered my new snowboard !!!!! Whoooooo!!!

So life is not all bad.

After months of not playing, D/L 1.34.6, installed on iMac i5 quad.

Started just fine.

What I DO have problem is first time I spawn anything I get some "Reestablising connection to host" message, have to go back to selection screen twice, then I am in, no problem.

Any thoughts on what the culprit might be? Did you have the WWIIOIL Test client installed?

I did previously, but I cleared out a load of old, unused system files etc.

The biggest thing I did was totally uninstall all my network software, drivers and anything relating to networks or connectivity, then reinstall just the bare bones needed for it (airport etc)

That's the only thing I can think of.

Was quite a nerve racking, tense time getting it all re-installed with absolutely no connectivity left but well worth it and I suspect something to do with it working fine again.

It's been totally stable since, first time login every time.

The biggest thing I did was totally uninstall all my network software, drivers and anything relating to networks or connectivity, then reinstall just the bare bones needed for it (airport etc)

Was quite a nerve racking, tense time getting it all re-installed with absolutely no connectivity left but well worth it and I suspect something to do with it working fine again.

Just a thought... Is your system drive formatted 'case-sensitive'?

Mine happens to be and I have no problems connecting.

Good Work. Glad you got somewhere.

I just don't have the inclination to troubleshoot this way at this time.

Sigh.

Hmm, file named little and LITTLE are the same on my system (at least to TxEdit), so guess not case sensitive, any pattern with others having connection problem?

I take multiple attempts to get in; averaging around 10 tries before finally successful.

PS just created file in different area and dragged it into same folder; it says duplicate; so my system for sure is not case sensitive.

It's not going to get fixed anytime "soon"

They're all on January Vacation! Next month maybe someone will be back.

The only thing that has been working these last two weeks is the BILLING. I'm still not able to log on after two weeks so I'm giving up. Still this "finding best connection" bug.

When will the money charged be paid back to players not being able to access the game?

38 attempts today, at least that many yesterday before logged in then too tired/late to play. Bought OS X lion, no joy. About ready to call it quits and buy X- box

Make sure you guys that try for 20+ times to log on switch manually between primary/secondary connections each 3 tries.

Without that I had sometimes to try more than 20 times until i got a connection.

Now it's maximum 5-6 tries and I'm in.

Another hint, CMD+H doesn't work once game has started to 'find best connection' but you can still use it the moment the game launches and the full screen window appears, that way you can browse or do other stuff each time the game hangs, it has proven to be less stressful that way to me.

-marcus33

I always just leave it on 'best' when I try. Sucks, takes 10+ tries to log in, but at least always eventually get it. AND, that doesn't even work right, I checked the two connections and primary is 50ms while secondary is 45ms, it almost always connects to 50ms, ie. NOT the best connection, maybe 1 in 5 it connects to the 45ms one. Needs to be looked at.

Still have the right click bug too, 1 month later? Both these need to be fixed asap.

Sadly I must report that the connection bug is back as well for me.

Really strange, yesterday after changing one of the partitions to case-sensitive it launched each time without a single hick-up, total of probably 6 times.

Today I'm back to 3 consecutive times where the game can't find the connection.

-marcus33

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0