Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fearny

Me no play :-(

59 posts in this topic

I bought a CD for £4 that the guys in the PC repair place use to fix issues' date=' 10 minutes later job done, Registry restore wizard section of it seemed to fix it...for now...[/quote']

Good news (welcome back, fearny ... finally) :)

Good news (welcome back' date=' fearny ... finally) :)[/quote']

Appreciate the help though mate, I may start myself a little savings fund for a new PC now anyway, see if i can hide it away from the wife and kids! :D

Save your money... this game is not worth it. For 10 years its been 'your graphics card', 'your memory', 'your insert random computer part here'.

Even if you DO get the game to kick off, you are going to be at 5-20fps (like the rest of us).

Save your money... this game is not worth it. For 10 years its been 'your graphics card', 'your memory', 'your insert random computer part here'.

Even if you DO get the game to kick off, you are going to be at 5-20fps (like the rest of us).

Not true!

Sir I respectfully Poo Poo your observation, infact "Pox on you for a fop!"

You are very very wrong on all parts of your observation.

S! Fearny, welcome back :)

Another option you might consider, if you have a good storage place, and aren't afraid to assemble the thing yourself, is to buy a new rig a piece or two at a time. You can spread the cost out that way and get a pretty good PC out of the deal. You will just need to have an idea going in what you want in your PC, and what your willing to spend at a time over a period of months. Thats how I bought my new PC, took me 6 or 7 months to get all the parts.

Another option you might consider' date=' if you have a good storage place, and aren't afraid to assemble the thing yourself, is to buy a new rig a piece or two at a time. You can spread the cost out that way and get a pretty good PC out of the deal. You will just need to have an idea going in what you want in your PC, and what your willing to spend at a time over a period of months. Thats how I bought my new PC, took me 6 or 7 months to get all the parts.[/quote']

Good advice :)

I sort of do this. I recently replaced my old worn out 9800GT gfx cards with a new 2GB 560. Soon I will get a smallish SSD as an alternate boot and game drive.

When - Q2 2012 - I buy the new components for my new rig, I won't buy a new gfx card, I'll use the 560 - to start at least - and save for an even better gfx card through the rest of 2012. And I will reuse the SSD.

The big replacement is mobo & GPU. When I have saved enough to get upgraded ones of those, everything else is reused and I end up with a much improved machine without forking out one big lump sum

Just needs fore thought and a bit of patience ... yeah, I know ;)

Edited by branko

And that middle picture, the two guys with the skulls on the stalhelm, they are not German troops. They are Finnish. Kev Os 4 Div.

I made the same mistake.

I have to laugh when I hear people who want to but stuff for this game. Its not your PC, REALLY. My G74SX will rock every game on the planet, except this one.. 15fps flying and 10fps in town... EI not being drawn yet killing you... yeah... that's ALL MY COMPUTERS FAULT?!?!?!!? I cam back for the USA add on.. but like everything else in WWIIOL that doesn't work either.

And that middle picture, the two guys with the skulls on the stalhelm, they are not German troops. They are Finnish. Kev Os 4 Div.

I made the same mistake.

Yeah, I know they're Finnish ... someone told me ages back ... They're not really there to represent either side in this game ... Just soldiers watching a clock ;) Cool helmet motif though, eh :)

I have to laugh when I hear people who want to but stuff for this game. Its not your PC, REALLY. My G74SX will rock every game on the planet, except this one.. 15fps flying and 10fps in town... EI not being drawn yet killing you... yeah... that's ALL MY COMPUTERS FAULT?!?!?!!? I cam back for the USA add on.. but like everything else in WWIIOL that doesn't work either.

And I don't buy stuff for this game. I buy it for all / any games. This game plays OK on this 3.5 year old rig (with gfx update too), but with some of the latest games it's starting to struggle. 3 years is about the limit for up to date games, I found ... gfx card replacement keeping me going while I wait for the new intel stuff.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0