Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dog3

Post System Reports here

29 posts in this topic

@Dog3

As much as I'd like to, it's not responsiblility to reformat my hard drive to test whether or not to check to see if the situation, for the bugs that Playnet has created, will or will not go away.

The game was loading and running just fine on December 27 when I subscribed again to this game. That was a big mistake.

Now, will Playnet (CRS) afford us a credit for not being able to play this game remains to be seen. If their action or lack thereof, an affirmative or non response position, shows us, as current indicator to our multiple pleas for assistance to this non loading situation , I seriously doubt that any credit will be given to the players who are suffering from this coding error delivered to us by (CRS) Playnet.

jeeptj,

I completely sympathize with you. Da'rats Xmas present was ill-conceived and ill-timed and by no means did I ever intend to suggest this was your responsibility to fix. I am just another user trying to help a fellow player find some workaround for this bug so that you could get into the game. Yes, I agree that reformatting a volume as a possible workaround is not user-friendly and now it turns out that 'reformatting' may have been a mirage.

As a fellow user, I will continue to try to help and welcome any and all suggestions.

I understand your frustration and I am just trying to do what little I can to help.

s!

Nevertheless' date=' I have a system very similar to jeeptj's rig and I haven't had a problem while he cannot get in. This leads me to think it's a problem in the client and not the server. I suggest that people continue to offer their ideas about system configuration properties that might be relevant. There is a difference in our systems somewhere that is causing this. Maybe we can find something useful to narrow da'rat's search space.[/quote']

This is the key to us finding the issue. We have 2 macs in the office. Both are fine.

What we need is people to post their systems in more detail. Is this an OS version issue? Dunno none posted.

I'm on 10.6.8.

Is everyone having the problem on 10.5? Doubt it but first place to look.

There going to be a local machine difference and when we find that we can fix that.

It could be that having installed the beta test is the issue. It could be that the game needs to be fully uninstalled and reinstalled. I can't tell from here and I'll be honest. Without your guidance we'll not find it.

Also, I need any posts on this that have relevance to be reported in the Bug forum where I'm likely to see them.

There's a sticky for this issue.

What we need is people to post their systems in more detail. Is this an OS version issue? Dunno none posted.

I'm on 10.6.8.

Is everyone having the problem on 10.5?

No OS issue. 10.5 isnt supported anymore. In case you thought 10.7 vs 10.6 we have users on both platforms experiencing the issue.

And yes I seem to have been very lucky indeed yesterday, I've always had the issue and I find it strange it launched without a single problem yesterday for a few times during the day.

Tried the same reformat now and the problem remains.

-addition:

I did however have the beta installed earlier.

I'm not sure how to give it a clean install.

The only files I find is obviously the main game application and the pref files in system/user/username/Library/Preferences/ww2ol but there might be some more that are hidden somewhere.

Edited by lucky13

Gophur, I've removed this game 3 times and reinstalled it 3 times.

I've gone back and using disk tools, double check to make sure nothing was messed up with permissions (R&W).

We've run the trace routes twice, in other threads.

Tomorrow, I've got to get another hard drive for the MacPro and I'll format and will install Snow Lep on it. I'll use it as another boot drive - currently running Lion. (10.7.2) I'll keep all of my Apple Development stuff on the Lion drive.

Keep on plugging

Jim

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0