Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daskaren

Game is unsmooth with 60 FPS!

15 posts in this topic

Hello!

Using V-sync on, 60 FPS, the game still stutters like its 10 FPS when I look around as infantry? This has been a problem in this game for me on 3 diffrent computers over the years, aren´t you experiencing this?

I can turn off vsync and get 200 FPS, and STILL, the game is not smooth and stutters when I look around ingame, especially horizontally.

Please, Help me get to the bottom with this.

i7 2600k @ 5Ghz

16GB 1866Mhz ram

SLI 2 x GTX 570

Yes, I´ve tried turning off SLI...all drivers are up to date etc etc.

Thanks in advance!

Have a look at the tweaks ness implemented (it's quite a long job, but easy to do).

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=381068

See if that improves things - It seeems the higher end cards need a bit of help getting this old engine to perform well.

Yup, tried that already. It doesn´t help, and my problem is not the FPS, I could have 200 FPS in the game, and it would still look like its 10 FPS when I look around.

I mean, all of you must have this problem? I´ve tried on 3 diffrent computer now and I´m starting to think its the game and all of you are used to it.

I dunno man...I really wanna subscribe to this game and get into it, but this problem is keeping me away from it. :(

Yup, tried that already. It doesn´t help, and my problem is not the FPS, I could have 200 FPS in the game, and it would still look like its 10 FPS when I look around.

I mean, all of you must have this problem? I´ve tried on 3 diffrent computer now and I´m starting to think its the game and all of you are used to it.

I dunno man...I really wanna subscribe to this game and get into it, but this problem is keeping me away from it. :(

Do you have FRAPS - or some other video tool - to take some footage and post it to youtube (or somewhere), then we can see what you mean?

Maybe it is something we're all used to ... but I doubt it, as it isn't something I experience and I haven't seen any other posts on the subject?

It sounds like what people had with a certain ATI driver update recently... but the posters use of Nvidia cards negates that.

Might be worth trying an older driver just in case its that particular version?

At any rate, a dxdiag woud help.

Every say 2 seconds the game stops for like .3 of a second? Have had this from forever, sometimes it's there, sometimes it's gone. Usually restarting the game gets rid of it.

Hello!

Using V-sync on, 60 FPS, the game still stutters like its 10 FPS when I look around as infantry? This has been a problem in this game for me on 3 diffrent computers over the years, aren´t you experiencing this?

I can turn off vsync and get 200 FPS, and STILL, the game is not smooth and stutters when I look around ingame, especially horizontally.

Please, Help me get to the bottom with this.

i7 2600k @ 5Ghz

16GB 1866Mhz ram

SLI 2 x GTX 570

Yes, I´ve tried turning off SLI...all drivers are up to date etc etc.

Thanks in advance!

What resolution do you have?

How are your HDDs? Defragmented? Lots of files?

Prior my SDD I had partion C,D E etc, and C was only OS + this game only.

Nowadays I go only with C: SDD and very little installed.

Your hardware are top notch...

Btw, how did you get that CPU going that fast? My 2500K is only running at 4,1...( haven't pushed it tough)

i had the same problem, then i went into game setting and clicked the tab preferences, and somewhere in there is a button that says best performance, click that, then press save and try that, game runs like a charm for me now

Doesn't sound normal. I do know that the game has always been rough when moving your screen horizontally (the game also used to have a problem where the ground looked "shakey" when running north-south but not east-west giving it an illusion of bad FPS) so it looks like its running like crap when rotating even though FPS stay well above 60. I think thats just something with the engine, or maybe its nvidia specific.

If your framerate is actually dropping to 10fps when you rotate left-right, then something has gone bad. What settings do you have the game in? You may want to try a clean install of the game.

Wow! Thanks for all the answers here!

To answer some of you questions.

This computer is completely new, with a newly installed Windows 7 on a SSD Corsair Force GT! No backgroundproccesser to interfere either.

The post above me mentions the horizontal stutter in this game, thats what I was after. The FPS itselfs does NOT go down when the stuttering occurs.

I might add, that these stutters does not occur in vehicles! Only infantry when looking around with the mouse or running! So it might seem to be a problem with the engine, and Ive had it with all my computers. I can´t understand how you don´t have it, I´m starting to think this is normal and maybe you haven´t played say Day of Defeat Soure with a steady 60 FPS.

I think I started a thread about this issue on this game back in 2003 and no one responded to it or know why It happens. Then I really got a feeling to start playing this game, but Im tired of the stuttering mess. :(

Sidenote: You asked how I got my 2600k to 5Ghz; I just bought a good motherboard and watercooling. No problem!

I might add' date=' that these stutters does not occur in vehicles! Only infantry when looking around with the mouse or running![/quote']

How fast do you turn to make the stuttering appear? The kind of sudden jerks left and right people do with infantry don't generally happen with vehicles, so that might be why you haven't had the issue in vehicles.

If you could, spawn offline and see if you get the problem if:

1) As infantry, slowly look left-to-right.

2) After #1, pan back over the same area right-to-left.

3) Looking back and forth quickly several times.

4) In a vehicle, you use the quick-look keys or mouse-look to quickly throw your view around.

Sidenote: You asked how I got my 2600k to 5Ghz; I just bought a good motherboard and watercooling. No problem!

If it's been overclocked (I'm not a hardware guy, but the discussion makes it sound like it is), it might be worth throttling this just to see if it fixes the problem; you never know, after all.

yeah i know what you are talking about. Its just something weird that has been with this game since its existence. It's very hard to tell, but i think you can even push N for freelook and move your head around and its smoother than moving your head around without freelook on. Very subtle, but I know what you are talking about.

yeah i know what you are talking about. Its just something weird that has been with this game since its existence. It's very hard to tell' date=' but i think you can even push N for freelook and move your head around and its smoother than moving your head around without freelook on. Very subtle, but I know what you are talking about.[/quote']

EXACTLY! Most of it dissapears in vehicles and in Free look (N).

This is what I wanted to hear, because Ive been trying to troubleshoot this problem for years now and everyone keeps saying this game is running "buttersmooth" and it has drived me insanse since Ive tried the game on diffrent computers with exactly the same results.

Ah, what a relief!!!! Well, I guess I´ll check back on this game in 6-12 months to see if theres any improvment. Like you said, its a subtle experience but for me its a nightmare playing with this since I´m used to all other kinds of games running perfectly smooth, so this is unplayable to me.

I don´t understand why there isnt a fix for it, and most of all, how others don´t see this?

Well, thanks all! I´ll check back here now and then!

no no no CRS says you need more RAM! hahahahahahahaha

AA is broke online also from another thread. hahahahahahaha

Yeah, its YOUR COMPUTER!!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0