Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bitburn

Asus G74SX

9 posts in this topic

Not sure if there's still a section that covers laptops but I just made my way back in after a little break.

I got a G74SX as a new laptop and it runs the game pretty easy with everything on and I get around 60 fps in town to 100+ in other places

If anyone has questions feel free to ask away.

I have the BBK1 model (upgraded to 16Gb recently) and its a steady laptop. I don't get 100FPS, but I usually have apps running in the background (WWIIOL can't use all 8 CPUs anyways).

Yeah after playing in busy towns, make that 30 to 50 with the mixed bags of setting, higher settings was around 20 to 30.

Still pretty decent, if it stays like this for a while I'll be happy

If you got a dedicated gfx card, 4GB of Ram and a reasonable processor - released in the last two, three or four years - and all of your drivers are up to date; then you can play this game on decent setting at decent FPS.

The problems occur when something on the above little list isn't the case ...

Yeah, I just took a look at the NVidea post in this section and got a decent boost in FPS also.

Smooth as butter at the moment so hopefully it stays that way for a while.

I have the same machine. It works great so far. COurse I had to flash the damn BIOS to get the freaking caps loks key to work. Other than that solid performer.

If you got a dedicated gfx card, 4GB of Ram and a reasonable processor - released in the last two, three or four years - and all of your drivers are up to date; then you can play this game on decent setting at decent FPS.

The problems occur when something on the above little list isn't the case ...

No. I was getting 5FPS in towns.

This game chokes when 10+ ppl are in the same are. I've heard every story CRS has cried for the past 10 years.

Remember the engine rewrite was supposed to up the FPS, then the new netcode, then the new speedtrees etc etc etc.... I have 8 cores, a 10mbps connection, 16GB ram and I STILL get <20fps in towns.

No. I was getting 5FPS in towns.

This game chokes when 10+ ppl are in the same are. I've heard every story CRS has cried for the past 10 years.

Remember the engine rewrite was supposed to up the FPS, then the new netcode, then the new speedtrees etc etc etc.... I have 8 cores, a 10mbps connection, 16GB ram and I STILL get <20fps in towns.

You don't say which gfx card you have, but if it is as high end as the rest of your spec, have you gone through ness' NVIDIA tweaks thread?

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=381068

He - and others commenting in it - have similar specs and seem to report better FPS having played with their gfx settings.

There are other issues, I'm not going to pretend it's all rosey:

like a lack of multi-core processor support (current theory is a fast single-core is better than faster multi-core), but many such things aren't just an issue for this game (many not-brand-new-games aren't multi-core).

And the use of more than 2GB - or maybe 4GB - of RAM ... The game doesn't really go there either

With that high end rig, you will almost certainly see better performance out of a brand new game (MW3, or whatever) than you will here, because your machine is designed to take advantage of the very latest tech and many games - this 11-year old one included - don't work that way.

Like I put above, give ness' tweaks a try and see if they help.

I've wasted 10 years on this game...

I'm not really going to fight for a 2 fps increase.. that's not my job.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0