• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
    • CHIMM

18th Anniversary Event Awards!   06/23/2019

This year we are giving out trophies and awards for the top players during the "Kill a RAT" event! We need the following players to contact @CHIMM at chimm@corneredrats.com with your physical address to mail these out.   @mook2  @dasei88  @c00per  @kardehk  @chau90  @kdped02  @Simcha  @pulfer  @bus0    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ohanselo

Huge FPS issue.

21 posts in this topic

This might sound like the usual FPS bs you will hear all the time, but I promise you its not.. I have 2 computers in my house. Mine

System Specs: (my pc)

Pentium R (Dual Core)E5200

2.5 GHZ

4 Gigs of RAM

ATI Radeon HD 5670

-----------VS---------------

Nvidia 9400 GT

2.5 GHZ Pentium R E5200

2 Gigs of RAM

Dual Core

Somehow, someway, the ****tier PC runs the game much more smoothly! Very little FPS issue. Could someone please help me out? Here is my dxdiag:

2GB of RAM lower but its NVIDIA v Radeon ATI.

Reports (from players) are that Nvidia is better for this (and many other) games.

Are the gfx drivers - on both machines - up to date?

Check em out before looking at anything else ...

2GB of RAM lower but its NVIDIA v Radeon ATI.

Reports (from players) are that Nvidia is better for this (and many other) games.

Are the gfx drivers - on both machines - up to date?

Check em out before looking at anything else ...

I am almost positive in the drivers are up to date.

I am almost positive in the drivers are up to date.

be 100% certain ;)

then post up the FPS for each of the machines and we'll see if anyone has any suggestions ...

2 GB of RAM is the issue.

Last time I'll checked, game took 1,7 GB (at least with my options on).

Not much let for OS plus other programs running.

2 GB of RAM is the issue.

Last time I'll checked, game took 1,7 GB (at least with my options on).

Not much let for OS plus other programs running.

Yeah, but he's saying that the one with 2GB runs better than the one with 4GB.

Tons of variables, is the problem. But looking at the two specs, you would put your money on it being the other way around.

Need to know on his driver dates, then we go from there ...

Yeah, but he's saying that the one with 2GB runs better than the one with 4GB.

Tons of variables, is the problem. But looking at the two specs, you would put your money on it being the other way around.

Need to know on his driver dates, then we go from there ...

Ehh? He must have made a mistake.

nope, being completely honest. And I just updated the all of the software. 100% sure now =)

The 2 gb of ram computer somehow runs better frames, with normal maps enabled. And the 4gig ram computer some how gets really laggy when I look in a certain direction. ( almost lowest setting)

I am also getting some really bad FPS issues lucky to get 9FPS in a P1 town

3.2G Athlon II X4

Asus M5A78L-M/USB3

6G DDR3 669.7Mhz

Nvidia GT440 810Mhz GPU 1G ram

And yes all my drivers are up to date

Initially i put it down to server load and distance from me but now i am not so sure

3.2G Athlon II X4

Asus M5A78L-M/USB3

6G DDR3 669.7Mhz

Initially i put it down to server load and distance from me but now i am not so sure

you have a slow processor and slow video card...

takes a 5.0 ghz intel p7 processor to get a consistant 20 FSP in large town fighting with a decent video card

you have to understand that extra CPU cores mean basically NOTHING in this game...it depends on single threaded performance.

Edited by Vampress

nope, being completely honest. And I just updated the all of the software. 100% sure now =)

The 2 gb of ram computer somehow runs better frames, with normal maps enabled. And the 4gig ram computer some how gets really laggy when I look in a certain direction. ( almost lowest setting)

Oh well, I hoped a set of older drivers would explain the problem.

Now it depends on how hard you want to look for the cause.

You don't say in your first post, but do both machines have the same OS software?

From there, the first two things to look at would probably be:

• the NVIDIA card is on its last legs, full of dust and dirt, or something similar

• it could be the processes (and/or malware) running on the 4GB machine, do you have the same anti-virus software and firewall, things like that?. Have a look in Task Manager to see what is running on both.

How much difference in FPS is there between the two machines??

3.2G Athlon II X4

Asus M5A78L-M/USB3

6G DDR3 669.7Mhz

vamp is right, your machine is not top end, so in a very busy town battle you won't get brilliant FPS.

You can probably get a bit more out of it than that, though.

1. What settings are you running on in game? If your not using "best performance" try that out and see what improvement you get (might be worth the trade off if it is a lot) - If you see a lot of difference, put it back on the original settings, but then play with some of the individual settings (shaddows etc) and see what turning off each one gives you

You could do the above offline. You'll get lower FPS when online, but the % increase/decrease should stay the same

2. Have a look at ness' NVIDIA topic: http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=373903

It's really meant for high end cards, but you might find that tweaking a few of the options helps you out

(only do this if you get no joy with the first option above).

Let us know how you get on ... but don't expect top performance, as vamp says, with that CPU and gfx card.

ive not playd in a few months but have recently upgraded my system to this

INTEL CORE I7 2600K 3.4Ghz

GIGABYTE GA-Z68AP-D3 MOBO

4GB ram

geforce GTX 560ti 2GB Video card

creative xfi extreme sound card

last night my fps was dropping as low as 23. and im not talking about a large town battle either, this was moving towards a town from a fru.

i was getting better fps before i upgraded my cpu and gpu.

ive not playd in a few months but have recently upgraded my system to this

INTEL CORE I7 2600K 3.4Ghz

GIGABYTE GA-Z68AP-D3 MOBO

4GB ram

geforce GTX 560ti 2GB Video card

creative xfi extreme sound card

last night my fps was dropping as low as 23. and im not talking about a large town battle either, this was moving towards a town from a fru.

i was getting better fps before i upgraded my cpu and gpu.

High end NVIDIA cards ... you need to make some tweaks to get the best out of it (the game is hardly using it, at present).

ness made a topic, it's a lot to follow, but take it step by step and you should be OK

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=381068

Cheers.

Overclock those E5200s to at least 3ghz. Easy and stable on stock air cooling. You should get easy overclocks from the vcards too with a good manual fan profile. Overall 20% should be doable and stable.

Well everyone good news I spoke with Sid49 and he found a bad ram chip removed the ram chip he is down to 4 gigs ram but now is running much better fps and smooth as can be .

I don't agree you need a I7 to run this game I am running a AMD Phenom II x6 1045 processor with 8 gigs of DDR3 and a junk ATI HD 5570 and I run a average 30 fps+ in large city fighting and 40+ out of city and to be honest my other machine is a Phenom II X4 with 4 gigs of DDR3 and ran about the same .

Hope everyone runs great and can find a fix for any problems just don't believe everything you read about needing a monster machine .

4 gigs are a must though .

Oh well, I hoped a set of older drivers would explain the problem.

Now it depends on how hard you want to look for the cause.

You don't say in your first post, but do both machines have the same OS software?

From there, the first two things to look at would probably be:

• the NVIDIA card is on its last legs, full of dust and dirt, or something similar

• it could be the processes (and/or malware) running on the 4GB machine, do you have the same anti-virus software and firewall, things like that?. Have a look in Task Manager to see what is running on both.

How much difference in FPS is there between the two machines??

Both my Firewall, and I do have AVG Anti-Virus both up.

Both my Firewall' date=' and I do have AVG Anti-Virus both up.[/quote']

For the 2GB machine, turning off your Anti-Virus BUT LEAVE ON YOUR FIREWALL should net you a handful of FPS (remember to turn back on when finished playing). You might also try the same on the 4GB machine, though I don't think you'll see as much of a gain.

Other tests:

1. Run Task Manager - Sort the PROCESS Tab by Memory (descending) - What are the top 5 items on each machine? And how much memory is each using?

2. What OS is running on each machine (XP, Vista, Win7)???

Let us know ... but if something isn't obvious after giving us that info ... then it starts to get messy (RAM and HDD checks etc).

Also: See the overclocking comment above ... With those processors you would benefit from the help on both machines (if you're confident about stuff like OCing)

Overclock those E5200s to at least 3ghz. Easy and stable on stock air cooling. You should get easy overclocks from the vcards too with a good manual fan profile. Overall 20% should be doable and stable.

I would love to overclock it but I do not know how? I am pretty computer savy for the most part, is this a BIOS procedure? Sorry for the long reply btw, busy as fk with exams =P

Lock your PCIe at 100

Disable spread spectrum and C' states

Set your Freq. from 200 to 333

Set your Multiplier to 9

set your memory ratio at 1:1 or memory multiplier at 2

This will give you:

FSB 1333 (333x4)

CPU at 2.997 (333x9=2997) or effectively 3GHz

RAM underclocked to 667 to maintain Ratio of 1:1

Monitor your temps in Speedfan and your numbers with CPU-Z.

If you need to, raise your VCore a small increment, but only if you need to for stability. Test stability with Prime95. If everything tests stable and your temperatures are low enough, you can even try a multiplier of 10 for a 3.33GHz CPU without touching anything else, except possibly VCore for stability. Note that a higher voltage will also mean a higher temperature, so watch them carefully. If you have stability problems try a lower multiplier and see if that gets you stable, if not, then some other setting is off.

Tons of posts in this thread about the E5200. You should try for a nice easy 3 to 3.2GHz.

http://www.overclock.net/t/390358/e5200-overclocking-thread

The HD Radeon.

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/3107/overclocking_the_sapphire_hd_5670_1gb_video_card/index.html

The Nvidia card isnt very good.

Also go into setting for WWIIOL on both computers and set these.

1. Connection->Vis Player Limit=MEDIUM

2. Effects->Disable=ALL OF THEM & radial clutter to MINIMUM

3. Shadows=LOW

4. Infantry->Leave Corpses=DISABLED & Infantry detail=MINIMUM

Edited by dotsie

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0