Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Khsolo

Best laptop for gamming currently?

11 posts in this topic

I hear this is pretty BA

old+laptop.jpg

Or you could try one of them Asus laptops.

Alienware is a lie. It's just a dell or HP or whoever bought out the old alienware.

Pls need a couple of alternatives to choose from, real stuff not imaginary or fantasy land stuff, i need proven stuff cause i wanna buy one asap

Ty in advance

BTW randazzo, ty for that link

I have a high end Toshiba Qosmio laptop http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/laptops.to?family=Qosmio&model=X505&bopt=bts&src=MAXQ&cm_mmc=SEM_Direct_Bing#. When I bought mine it was around $2000.00 but I bought a bag from them and a few other extra's.

I can actually play WWII on it. No problems, 17 inch screen. Battery life on a screen this size sucks, but I just have it in my living room wireless gaming router down stair with a couple different bands to help transfer of info..

Have not had any problems with the computer except I filled up the solid state drive and need to save and restore the computer to original settings. May wait for window 8 to come out this year which is always a factor for me when updating my systems/computers that I have upstairs and the Super-Blue computer I have in the coolness of my basement.

Both computers actually work for the game that comes with this forum with good frame rate even on wireless to laptop. What impresses me the most is not the computer but the gaming router that I use and the frame rate I get.

Gaming computer are just the high end parts audio and video motherboard and processer. Of course games improve and computers improve and a laptop gaming computer will be outdated in about 2 years.

Asus is a good computer also; remember its all about the parts and if you want 3D now and Blue ray. Since I don't know anygames right now out in 3D I would save my money and get the High end gaming computer without all the advanced 3D video card.

love,

drill

PS: so in the end I would suggest without checking out any other company's : Qosmio X775-Q7384 Laptop http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/pdet.to?poid=2000010960 but if you can wait for windows 8 toward the middle of the year, I would. The video card is high end for a laptop, but the really high end video card that run a mini tower computer are around 450-750 dollars right now and that is a Nvida card. http://www.pricewatch.com/video_cards/

The link I gave you shows you where the laptop vid card cost. Now remember my video card is about a 1 year and half old and I am getting good frame rate. GTX 360M gforce in my computer right now. It runs in my mind that I am getting around 30-40+ fps playing WWII on a gaming wireless router.

I really think the problem is with gaming today is driver compatiblity. Game are either a head or behind. Computer tech told me that there is truth about the bleeding edge of technology. Your pocket book will bleed for the best and you will also bleed and may have to wait for the newest drivers to come out to get more compatibility. So I take the stand of being about Six months behind the newest and greatest card or board. Why, I am not a beta tester and will not spend money for them to do research on there newest cards or boards.

Edited by drill

Alienware , just because it was bought by dell, is still powerfull ****. Mine has 16gb ram and 2gb video. Kicks ass on my dell gaming desktop. Not sure why people put dell down, i figure its because they dont know what the hell they are speaking of. The only problem with dell is proprietary parts. some systems will only take certain motherboards , mine will only hold an ATI card, Nvidea wont fit. Big freaking deal, both my dell and my alienware kick ass. No problems ever.

Good advice guys, seems like i either wait for w8 or not and it seems like may hd will upgrade once w8 is out so better to wait i guess

Ty for all the input gents

Cheers

Alienware ' date=' just because it was bought by dell, is still powerfull ****. Mine has 16gb ram and 2gb video. Kicks ass on my dell gaming desktop. Not sure why people put dell down, i figure its because they dont know what the hell they are speaking of. The only problem with dell is proprietary parts. some systems will only take certain motherboards , mine will only hold an ATI card, Nvidea wont fit. Big freaking deal, both my dell and my alienware kick ass. No problems ever.[/quote']

and this: ORIGIN

http://originpc.com/eon17-gaming-laptop-features.asp#.Txn0K_mcJ8E

I boiult out a 17" ...about the same as Alienware. This company is owned by the guy that started Alienware...before it got Dell'd its still good, but check out ORIGIN.

Merc88

Merc87

Merc86

Intel are bringing out their new chips in about 3 months (at least, I think Q2 is when they are targetting).

Wait for then ...

a) Because prices of existing stuff will drop

B) Because, with a laptop, you want the most up to date piece of kit you can get, as it is much harder to add new components than it is to a PC.

Windows 8 ... Cool for touchscreens, but I don't think there will be many improvements under the hood. Personally I wouldn't be bothered whether I got Win7 or Win8

I have no recommendations, though if you have the money Alienware will give you great performance.

What you need, as minimums are: 4GB RAM, Core-i5, DEDICATED HIGH-END gfx card (the more video ram the better).

An SSD would be good (very fast boot/load times), one of the new Intel processors instead of an i5 or i7 would be the mutt's nuts. Save some battery life and get a better experience by plugging into an existing LCD screen if you have one (turn off the laptop screen when you do)

Final plea (I should put this in my sig!): Unless you absolutely must have a laptop; buy a desktop. You would get the same performance for half the money. As someone said above, a desktop & a cheap Android tablet (or a Windows8 tablet, when they are out), will give you MUCH more bang for your buck. And, with a couple of component upgrades along the way, last you twice as long as a laptop.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0