Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Canuck71

Why finding connection error every time I log in?

10 posts in this topic

I just downloaded the complete install when I re-subbed today and whenever I try to log in I get dumped with the annoying finding connection error. I read in the posts here that this issue was fixed, so why am I getting this error? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestion Thrance, unfortunately it didn't help. Come on Mac people, there's got to be somebody who can tell me what to do to get rid of this error. I just re-subbed and did a full install, isn't the latest install supposed to be free of this error? If I can't get this issue resolved I will obviously be un-subbing soon. One less Mac subscriber equals one less reason for CRS to bother with Mac issues. It just shouldn't be this difficult to play a game.

BTW I am running OS 10.6.8

Might delete the game entirely off your HD then reinstall that helped others. If you have a firewall up thats been causing some folks issue as well.. So might need to look at your permissions as well. Perhaps, try a different connection briefly if possible to see if you can isolate a connection issue.. After that.. I dunno

All the connections are originated outgoing, so unless you have a very strict firewall settings then I don't believe that a normal firewall would be a problem. I haven't heard of anyone having problems with the most recent patch. So I would also would suggest a clean reinstall of the game after saving your current preferences and cfml files that are in ~/Library/Preferences/ww2ol/.

gl, and keep trying.

Well, I have just spent the last hour and a half trying to figure out what the problem and I'm still getting the finding connection error every time I try to log-in. I have completely removed all files, reinstalled and restarted the computer, as well as messed with the log-in settings. My firewall is set to allow all incoming messages, so I doubt that is the problem.

I should also say that I played the game for three years without a problem with the same set-up I'm now using. I un-subbed a few months back because I was too busy to play much. I haven't changed anything. So I'm quite confused why I am the only one having this issue, which was apparently resolved about a month before I downloaded the latest installer. Is anyone else out there still suffering from this game-breaking annoyance??? Heck, this game was hard enough to learn how to play, I shouldn't have a major learning curve just to log-into a game I just spent money on.

BTW Sorry about the bad grammar in the thread title, I was in a hurry at the time. Just so you know, I do realize that every sentence needs a subject. Damn grammar police!

I used to think I was the poster child of this (or similar) issue...

I disabled IPV6 and also made sure port forwarding was enabled to cover 27021 through 27105.

After making those two changes, I could now regularly start and join the game again.

I submitted a ticket a week ago hoping for some guidance on what to do from CRS and nobody has responded. Maybe it's because I've already cancelled my subscription, but then again, why would I keep spending money on a game that I can't play. Or, maybe one mac player with an isolated issue just isn't worth them bothering with. Oh well, it's not like there aren't other games to play....

All I can suggest is to email BLOO directly. Da'rats don't look at this forum very often. I had thought that this problem was fixed.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0