• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meadow

WWIIOL just won't launch, config does not work

10 posts in this topic

I get the same problem as Bex - my WWIIOL both offline and online when launched has a black screen and nothing else. I must force quit to get out.

I tried to try some of the options suggested in Bex's thread, but my config application has no options for resolution, monitor or other things - plus clicking OK does nothing - I must quit the program, so settings are not saved.

What can I do about this?

(iMac 1.6ghz G5, 256mb RAM (I know it sucks), running 10.4.1)

How is your monitor connected to the video card. There is an issue where BNC connectors hooked up to a monitor don't return display information back to the game so it just sits there waiting for it. That affects both the config app and the game. It's a side affect of supporting command-tab. Anyway with 256 RAM don't even both trying to play, the game require about 700MB to run.

Also the "low end" GPU's will proberbly give you the black screen.

On a Cude I have with +800 MB Ram and a GeForce2 card with 32MB do I get the black screen since v1.19. The game loads since I can hit cmd-Tab to change programs.

I think the older imacs have a video card that doesn't work anymore. I think geforce2 is too old as well. Funny people with slightly newer imacs are getting as good fps as my g5. It all depends on the generation of video card you have (thats the one thing I wish apple hadn't done, integrate the video card).

Did you guys ever try to play at thousands (set in config app)?

I just downloaded the Mac full install at work and I can't launch either ww2ol or ww2olconfig offline or online.

Nothing happens.

Dual 2 ghz G5 with 2.5 gigs ram 2 17" flat screen displays.

I tried downloading and reinstalling twice. I tried to go on Bittorrent and download that installer but it won't let me log on.

What gives?

I have the exact same setup (just 1 17 monitor). If you can't launch config that's odd, try tossing your preference file. Reinstalling more than once is unlikely to fix anything.

/Users/[you]/Library/Preferences/ww2ol/wwiiol.xml

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0