• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XOOM

[MANDATORY] AAR's - After your cycle

82 posts in this topic

AAR's 6/4 - 6/6

6/18 - 6/20

On these two occasions we had a number of recruits join. A great portion of these were trial players and would not respond to any messages. If any of the guys do respond, they join in on mission, some get on TS. But then still guys dissapear when trial runs. We still got a couple that have stuck it out.

We pretty much have a standard of posting periodically on F4 telling them they have joined 13th Inf Regt and that any questions they have they should ask.

Also another one is telling them how to join Squad missions using the Squad Tab/Members/Join. Maybe this should be inserted into the Training.

S! Eddie05

Windhund's belated AAR.

Started off with 820 members and ended up with 1300. We had it for about 7 days during the first week of the campaign I think.

We got roughly 8-10 new members and a few more roughly in TS3. We are still sifting the recruits out to see who wants to stay and who needs to go. Tried to get the Allied players switched over.

After 7 days of it, we we're pretty burned out from it. The rewards from this far out way the bad parts as long as a proper rest rotation is in place.

Edit: We look forward to our next cycle.

Edited by rosshole00

101st AAR for 7/11 to 7/14 (even though I believe we are still under it).

When I've been on we had a good mix, Allied, Axis. I know for sure we got 1 guy (though it may be a 2nd account), some squaddies didn't pay attention and accidentally kicked some guys not knowing we were on rotation, but mistakes happen.

7th AST AAR 9-11 July

ABout 180-200 new players, most logged in as german, though there was a slightly larger allied presence..

Still noticing a trend of the vast majority vanishing as soon as the trial period is over (last rotation all gone minus 2-3 players within 20 days of 7th's last run).. Expecting same for this rotation.

AAR - 8/10 - 8/12 13 Infantry Regiment

Total numbers of Recruits joined is around 1200.

Even with our NCOs (Recruiters) posting various messages and PMs alot will not respond and are quite happy just to run around some in there own little cliques.

We gave up .grab to guys playing Axis, so just posted on .tr that any guys with 13th tag playing Axis they can recruit them into another squad over there.

Saying that on the Allied side I got reports of a player in a Squad in this Host Squad getting recruits to leave and join theirs. Now with the numbers we had over the weekend that was'nt a bad thing, but i think its bad form to do this without first giving a heads up to the Squad. As we only had one report of this and the numbers online was so high we left it at that.

Alot of the players who got on Squad Chat and TS liked the game and had ALOT of contact with the enemy. But with the numbers and questions it was hard for us to run our normal gameplay that has kept us playing so long. So it was more P1/P2 concentrated fights.

But now it's more quiet we can concentrate on the guys that respond and get on mission when called, to do some of the Squad run mission we enjoy. Some guys have already mentioned Subbing so they can get involved in this. FB busting, Tank Hunting, Mortaring.

Last night we had between 20 and 50 online. We promote recruits to member when they either get on TS, or join in on squad mission when called and register/post on the 13th forums. This is working well and can only get better this week as they keep coming back and we get them involved.

S!

DDz (The Dirty Dozen )

Started 12th ended 14th as Host squad.

Our squad recruited about 900-1000 players.

As for player retention, we got a lot of guys on team speak with us, but a lot of them simply gave up. We now have about 7-10 hard core guys who stuck around and play daily with us in game and on team speak. We managed to talk to a lot of players, but the majority of them weren't really interested or didn't want to join us on team speak. The ones that did seemed to have a blast. We were overwhelmed with recruits and weren't able to grab them all. Anyhow, I think it went very well. The only issue I have is that a lot of the new "kids" were very young and didn't want to listen to our help and wouldn't stop asking questions. Questions we were trying to explain to them.

Gervleth

S!

DDz (The Dirty Dozen )

Started 12th ended 14th as Host squad.

Our squad recruited about 900-1000 players.

As for player retention, we got a lot of guys on team speak with us, but a lot of them simply gave up. We now have about 7-10 hard core guys who stuck around and play daily with us in game and on team speak. We managed to talk to a lot of players, but the majority of them weren't really interested or didn't want to join us on team speak. The ones that did seemed to have a blast. We were overwhelmed with recruits and weren't able to grab them all. Anyhow, I think it went very well. The only issue I have is that a lot of the new "kids" were very young and didn't want to listen to our help and wouldn't stop asking questions. Questions we were trying to explain to them.

Gervleth

Thanks Gervleth :D

08/15-08/21 - AAR / Windhund

Starting Numbers 1347

Ending Numbers 2607

I think overall this was one of the better rotations that we have experienced as far as interaction with the "Newbies" and with them coming in on Squad oriented missions and coming onto TS3 as well as even joining the Squad as a member.

I noticed on the first day it was a new playing field by the the fact I had 10 of the 15 recruits on my mission from the start Only a fraction of them were on TS3 but it was a far larger fraction than previous rotations. I also had a significant uptick in the amount of players who went through the process of becoming members to Windhund as well. I've also have had 3 members of my Squad from previous rotations apply or already in HC and some of the recruits this rotation expressed interest in it as well (I told them of the subscription requirement). I definitely believe that these new players (those who stick around) are the future leaders and aces of this game and it's very rewarding to help these guys get their foundation to better understand this game which at first, is very complicated.

The number of players was a little excessive and it would be beneficial, if this is the caseload that we should expect on a continual basis, if I would be able to request more trainer slots if it is at all possible. I just couldn't cover nearly enough of the recruits to do it justice but we tried to touch base with as many as possible.

I think this F2P stuff is working and it is really getting the boots on the ground and hopefully they start putting their money in CRS's wallet. Keep up the great work CRS and our fellow Host Squads and I look forward to our next rotation.

ROSSHOLE

WINDHUND CO

08/15-08/21 - AAR / Windhund

Starting Numbers 1347

Ending Numbers 2607

I think overall this was one of the better rotations that we have experienced as far as interaction with the "Newbies" and with them coming in on Squad oriented missions and coming onto TS3 as well as even joining the Squad as a member.

I noticed on the first day it was a new playing field by the the fact I had 10 of the 15 recruits on my mission from the start Only a fraction of them were on TS3 but it was a far larger fraction than previous rotations. I also had a significant uptick in the amount of players who went through the process of becoming members to Windhund as well. I've also have had 3 members of my Squad from previous rotations apply or already in HC and some of the recruits this rotation expressed interest in it as well (I told them of the subscription requirement). I definitely believe that these new players (those who stick around) are the future leaders and aces of this game and it's very rewarding to help these guys get their foundation to better understand this game which at first, is very complicated.

The number of players was a little excessive and it would be beneficial, if this is the caseload that we should expect on a continual basis, if I would be able to request more trainer slots if it is at all possible. I just couldn't cover nearly enough of the recruits to do it justice but we tried to touch base with as many as possible.

I think this F2P stuff is working and it is really getting the boots on the ground and hopefully they start putting their money in CRS's wallet. Keep up the great work CRS and our fellow Host Squads and I look forward to our next rotation.

ROSSHOLE

WINDHUND CO

I personally would not have an issue with more Squad members recieving Trainers tools, but thats something i think the Boss will have to Okay. I think were going to see an on going flood of new players personally.

Send me a list of names either through Email or the forums in a PM.

And thanks for the AAR. Great job.

We acquired about 800 new players on our roster - putting us over 1000 total.

We were able to get 1 player to use Teamspeak, and worked directly with 3 to 5 players in game more than once over several days (players active beyond first day). We communicated through chat with 20 or so players during the time - while the majority of players were unresponsive.

On the final day started culling process - managed to trade 3 players to Axis side. This will continue for some time I can see now.

I will say of the ones that we were able to engage expressed gratitude for the effort to engage them.

There was a bit of frustration due to training tutorial issues - and I'm sure we will get more questions as time goes on that we can work through.

Given that the next rotation is 1 month out - I think we'll probably have touched base with everyone by then and will be ready to have another go at it.

Unbelievable how many people are entering the game...I'm bowled over.

S!

We acquired about 800 new players on our roster - putting us over 1000 total.

We were able to get 1 player to use Teamspeak, and worked directly with 3 to 5 players in game more than once over several days (players active beyond first day). We communicated through chat with 20 or so players during the time - while the majority of players were unresponsive.

On the final day started culling process - managed to trade 3 players to Axis side. This will continue for some time I can see now.

I will say of the ones that we were able to engage expressed gratitude for the effort to engage them.

There was a bit of frustration due to training tutorial issues - and I'm sure we will get more questions as time goes on that we can work through.

Given that the next rotation is 1 month out - I think we'll probably have touched base with everyone by then and will be ready to have another go at it.

Unbelievable how many people are entering the game...I'm bowled over.

S!

Thanks for your AAR Sir ..... well, how overwhelmed did you feel since this was your 1st turn at bat?

At first it felt overwhelming, till I just sat at the mission screen (so new guys could just click my squad name to join) and did a grab on each one, for a few hours. Then it was time to play the game. ;-)

I also traded a few over to the Axis side.

Maybe something we could do. As a squad leader, since we can select the status of each member, maybe do a chat that the squad leaders could do like a grab?

In other words, if someone is listed as a recruit in your squad, you can do a .grab recruits and everyone listed as a recruit only talks to the squad leader that did the .grab recruits? That way we can talk to everyone at the same time?

Total Number of recruits taken in: 417

Traded over a dozen to axis squads.

Problems Noted. Recruit Training when they first log in to game. Alot of them had difficulty completing the training exercises.(Might be bugged?)

All in all I would say it was pretty successful, after working out some kinks on our end the first day we were able to train a bunch of recruits on basic game mechanics and get them all working on targets with the squad.

As of right now we are seeing at least 30 of the players logging in regularly and playing with the squad.

We have gotten a bunch on teamspeak and that seems to be the trick. If you can get them there you pretty much have them as far as retention. It brings another level of game play that players seem to like rather than text.

Edited by ny75

At first it felt overwhelming, till I just sat at the mission screen (so new guys could just click my squad name to join) and did a grab on each one, for a few hours. Then it was time to play the game. ;-)

I also traded a few over to the Axis side.

Maybe something we could do. As a squad leader, since we can select the status of each member, maybe do a chat that the squad leaders could do like a grab?

In other words, if someone is listed as a recruit in your squad, you can do a .grab recruits and everyone listed as a recruit only talks to the squad leader that did the .grab recruits? That way we can talk to everyone at the same time?

We don't have the dev resources to devote to this at this time. It is a good idea though!

Total Number of recruits taken in: 417

Traded over a dozen to axis squads.

Problems Noted. Recruit Training when they first log in to game. Alot of them had difficulty completing the training exercises.(Might be bugged?)

All in all I would say it was pretty successful, after working out some kinks on our end the first day we were able to train a bunch of recruits on basic game mechanics and get them all working on targets with the squad.

As of right now we are seeing at least 30 of the players logging in regularly and playing with the squad.

We have gotten a bunch on teamspeak and that seems to be the trick. If you can get them there you pretty much have them as far as retention. It brings another level of game play that players seem to like rather than text.

That's fantastic thanks for the solid report, and welcome again to the Host Squad program. Though we'd encourage people to do as much training as possible, if they are absolutely stuck, .graduate true <-- command will allow them to go beyond the training and access the battlefield.

Having them go through that orientation saves everyone a lot of explanation.

7th AST went from just over 1900 to about 2600 (we REALLY need some effective way of counting as no one ever seems to be online to record when the squad host gets passed). Had some success this time by having multiple members PM players.... I did not use grab this cycle as in the past it seems to have generated some confusion (especially if the recruit is in the tutorials).

Otherwise seems to be about the same results from past cycles.

DDz Host squad update on last cycle.

Well.. Late... But It went really really well for DDZ. We got about 10 new guys who join us daily on Team speak every single day. We just get swamped with new people joining. it's crazy. But it went really good for us,

Ps. Our squad nights for DDz are up to 15-20 people.

Edited by gervleth

Thanks Gervleth.

Whats your Squad numbers up to currently?

Are you actively removing those from your squad who are not communicating with you or playing the other side?

Keep your AAR's coming after your cycle, 2 or 3 minutes of your time to type up something is all we ask from you. Start making Loonie do them :D

3CD AAR for 10/10 - 10/14:

No idea how many were added, as we are still trying to sort out the 9/14 - 9/18 influx.

I was not able to be on most of this cycle - and have received no feedback from my fellow squad members. Did manage to get the name of a player for an inbound trade, and added a few full-time members to the roster.

I have found that sorting process is slow because even with 1000 new members - I only manage to see 10 - 15 over the course of a given session (the overall group is not logging in during the same days/times altogether). Assuming a perfect rate of engagement - sorting out the 1000 is going to take 100 days overall minimum (assuming I see a full set of new players every day - which doesn't happen) - and we're only into our 30th day +/- with the first batch.

As a result, I would like 3CD taken out of the rotation until we can whittle down the ones we already have on the books. I also need to use that time to contact my fellow troops and see if we can get a better engagement from the staff members. I would like to request we still maintain the trainer tools access so we can facilitate that work. The goal here is to get the roster caught up and get better engagement from our staff so we can be returned to the rotation - if that is acceptable to you?

Thanks,

3CD AAR for 10/10 - 10/14:

No idea how many were added, as we are still trying to sort out the 9/14 - 9/18 influx.

I was not able to be on most of this cycle - and have received no feedback from my fellow squad members. Did manage to get the name of a player for an inbound trade, and added a few full-time members to the roster.

I have found that sorting process is slow because even with 1000 new members - I only manage to see 10 - 15 over the course of a given session (the overall group is not logging in during the same days/times altogether). Assuming a perfect rate of engagement - sorting out the 1000 is going to take 100 days overall minimum (assuming I see a full set of new players every day - which doesn't happen) - and we're only into our 30th day +/- with the first batch.

As a result, I would like 3CD taken out of the rotation until we can whittle down the ones we already have on the books. I also need to use that time to contact my fellow troops and see if we can get a better engagement from the staff members. I would like to request we still maintain the trainer tools access so we can facilitate that work. The goal here is to get the roster caught up and get better engagement from our staff so we can be returned to the rotation - if that is acceptable to you?

Thanks,

Thanks Malus. I'll pull you out of the rotation for now.

Your not going to get everyone. If you do not see them in 10 days or so and they do not make any attempts to communicate or play with you when ingame, dump them. Like we say, you'll get 1 dozen of the 100 dozen that pass throught the gates. Take what you can and get rid of the rest.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0