Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XOOM

[MANDATORY] AAR's - After your cycle

82 posts in this topic

Thanks Malus. I'll pull you out of the rotation for now.

Your not going to get everyone. If you do not see them in 10 days or so and they do not make any attempts to communicate or play with you when ingame, dump them. Like we say, you'll get 1 dozen of the 100 dozen that pass throught the gates. Take what you can and get rid of the rest.

Thanks for the advice; I guess I've been too worried about letting good ones fall through the cracks.

timbo69 asoe sqd 430 now in sqd from about 12 sqd start up sqd members

anyone coming on teamspeak is promoted to new member we have about 30 now that have come on teamspeak 3 foun one on one interaction best with dot grab then type about teamspeak we have some good results and some sighning up to game but it is hard work trying to grab attention of them.think system should be spaming teamspeak information every 20 mins say to get it noticed .once they are on teamspeak it is far better .i trhink we should have a adopt a noob program for experianced players what do you think.

regards timbo69 asoe sqd co

timbo69 asoe sqd 430 now in sqd from about 12 sqd start up sqd members

anyone coming on teamspeak is promoted to new member we have about 30 now that have come on teamspeak 3 foun one on one interaction best with dot grab then type about teamspeak we have some good results and some sighning up to game but it is hard work trying to grab attention of them.think system should be spaming teamspeak information every 20 mins say to get it noticed .once they are on teamspeak it is far better .i trhink we should have a adopt a noob program for experianced players what do you think.

regards timbo69 asoe sqd co

Damn Fine results Timbo, Great Job. Xoom will probably see your post so he can comment on the .SYS message about TS.

Might be hard to do an adopt a noob program, matching up time zones might be a migrain itself, language, same nights played are just a few things that come to mind that might be to hard to overcome.

But anyway Great AAR and i'm glad to see your numbers have more than doubled.

| AEF HOST SQUAD AAR |

S! Placing in this thread our AAR.

The first thing we did was brief our squad - see below what we put in the forums - please feel free to adopt/use if you see fit.

"What is this Host Squad thing we are signed up for?

AEF has been selected as a member of the “Host Squad” programme. This is not a new idea, having evolved from the Weasels concept, with squads such as Wildhund and 3CD already having participated in this. What the Host Squad actually experiences is that ALL (yes all) new players, when they log on for the first time, are automatically joined to the squad. Yes-sir-ee! All new players will start their game lives in our squad...and we can influence them..mad eh?

When?

We are going to be in the program for 5x days, starting from Friday 19th October to Wednesday 24th, taking over from 7th Pz who have it until the 21st.

Why?

Host Squads have seen their numbers grow (that’s positive right?) and that’s good for the Allied side and that’s good for the game. Also, it has been proven that player retention is its highest with the host squad programme.

What does it mean for the squad?

I make no bones about it – it means the squad should have a lot of new players running around (someone said they had 800+!) and the Squad XO and CO will be on as much as possible, having been granted Trainer status, as have other squad members, to ensure people are being engaged.

Going forward we ask all squad members to be courteous and support new members by:

• Getting them on TS

• Answering questions

• Getting them to your missions and into the fight

• If they engage (talk, follow and operate with the squad) direct them towards the squad webbie

The normal rule for kicking squaddies playing axis will not count towards new players as there is a facility for them to be traded to other Axis squads (I know, I know), rather than kicked. Ultimately after the end of the host squad period, non responsive players will be kicked from the squad, but those that engage and operate with the squad we hope will stay and become members of AEF or the games wider community.

We thank you in advance for your patience over the coming 4 days – I hope we can come out bigger, better and stronger for it."

As a member of the program the squad went from <362 (as of first day of membership) to 626 (approx) today (29/10/2012). Plenty of people still to engage with.

Like many squads we had players going axis, which did cause a little unrest with people. But i believe they put up with it and it was explained we could .tr people to new squad homes.

Use of Grab

Grab was used to engage new players, although little response was received from this approach when I used it. Certainly it was felt that simply using squad chat was the best way to communicate and we got several people using F4 and TS by putting the big 3 across - use F4 to chat, get TS and ask questions!

Outcome

As far as I am aware I know half way through the host-squad process we had picked up 5 players who were keen and either on TS or squad missions, but the great majority were unresponsive. I believe we as a squad would be happy to participate in this again, and will continue to process the players we have had join.

- Vozz and Smythes

Total Number of recruits taken in: 425

Traded over a dozen to axis squads.

This go around was much better than are first rotation in the program. We were able to make alot more contact with with newbs this go around and have seen alot more end up on team speak.

As of right now we are seeing at least close to a third of the players logging in regularly and playing with the squad.

So I would say overall successful. The biggest thing we have noticed is that as a squad you need very dedicated people to spamming text on squad chat to get these newbs engaged. Once they are engaged a good percentage will play and some will subscribe.

Taken 411 new players

as been said before getting them onto ts makes life easier

Nothing new to add that hasn't been said before except need think of numbers of riflemen in American armoured brigades as 20 don't go far! 40Comm

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Our second rotation was not as successful as the first I felt. Had fewer members, and we havent been able to get much comms from them all apart from one.

I was unable to be on as much, so I cannot comment much beyond this.

Since you haven't had any news from 3CD lately:

I've been on leave for school since November and Malus the XO has been running the day to day for 3CD. But I'm back now.

I worked with 4 new recruits on the German side and found them new homes with Windhund (thank you guys for taking them, very polite to an old timer foe). I forgot to write down their names, but I helped them understand how to communicate in game before handing them off.

2 others stayed with 3CD on the Allied side, and we will continue to work with them, but they seemed to have a good grasp of the game when I logged off last night.

I'll get more detailed AAR's as we go along, but just wanted to state we are working on this.

S! and TY

No problem Jammyman, sorry I've been awol for a bit. Doesn't look like my staff had a chance to keep you posted.

1/5 -

airmanwats

bonedaddy

maconthis

b0om

slickie1

I contacted them, they are all well on there way in the game. Few left 3CD for other squads that they knew. Just glad they stayed in the game.

g3rm4n0ak

mobdom

k5fal

I talked with them, they are playing German and I passed them off to Windhund as well.

We've had a few of our Vets return to the game lately, so I hope to have a well staffed squad here soon.

S!

S! host squad ran over by a lot so not sure what finsih date was for us...put 16th for the sake of it.

Rough intake going on numbers before and after host squad shows we took on around 500 not counting those that left the squad, cant be much more specific after it ran on over a few days we kinda stopped paying attention to the numbers side. Very much up and down regards sides, some nights we had around 20 recruits all axis and vice versa on others. With those that seemed to enjoy allied side we managed to recruit around 7 to the squad, got them on ts etc and around 20 or so that didnt mind talking on chat left the squad but seemed interested in subbing. The vast majority of axis players who we .grabbed were unresponsive bar one or two who wanted to lone wolf on axis side for a bit.

Some good old timers and 13th NCO's managed to do a lot of chatting to recruits when they asked questions and many seemed intrigued by the game once some basic stuff was explained.

Edited by barbed22

not sure when we started this host as its getting lapsed a lot...nothing new to report but just wish we could do a joint allied and axis host with a big flashing squares ALLIEDS....AXIS.... having to explain over and over that we are an allied only squad gets a bit boring and it cannot be fun for new players,, stick 40comm down for one more host please as fellas want to get back to basics

so i understand that you want to do 1 more turn and then be placedn on LOA?

AFAIK, they can not do a joint host. It would be very helpful if we could do a joint host as the side they choose to play would place then in that sides host squad instead of you guys having to go through what your stating and telling the new players your either an axis or allied squad.

3/1 - 3/6 7th AST Sceduled... appears to be 1 person joined, no contact ... not sure if host ever got swapped over

14TH - April 8-9 2014

We received about 96 new recruits into our squad during our cycle. Some may have been autorecrute through missions though. I have attempted to contact some over regular channels but got no response. A few grabs lead to no response yet either but i haven't really went at it yet.

Is it an option to email these new recruits a short of quicksheet where they know they will be contacted by squad and how to chat on squad ? That first comm start is so important.

And again i cant tell what language to contact them in. Any indication of what language they choose would help us alot.

As a last note.. 96 is ALOT to work with imo. During our cycle i went in 3 times trying to provide a spawnpoint for attack on an AO but it failed due to low response. I think i'll stick on DOs for now where the spawnpoint/line is more stable to work with. Enough axis out there so that should be interesting for them.

S!

Genxs

so lets get this rite genxs your squad has done host...i have seen no lists go up am i missing something ?

so lets get this rite genxs your squad has done host...i have seen no lists go up am i missing something ?

What list i that Fox ? A username list ?

As for retention i can't tell that yet, it'll take 1-2 weeks before i can have some indication on that. Respone is low that i know, possibly cause there seem to be no other regular players on in my squad often enough to gather the new players. Me and Zach seem to be it and we are not available that much yet. I will get back on a response ratio on this.

S!

Genxs

I'm XO of 14th

We were giving it a test run

So, looks like same problems will still plague the program. In order to work there has to be a large enough mass to take care of the green tags.... not many squads have the #s to do it. Between that and the language barriers at certain time of day.............

Edited by b2k

In order to make changes to the program to make your guys jobs easier, we need you guys to give us some feedback after your cycle as a Host Squad. (Non-English speaking squads, please post here every so often to let us know how many recruits you're getting!)

Please write your AAR in this format...

How many recruits did your squad take in? (Approximation)

-

Of those recruits that were WORKED with, how many are returning to play the game?

-

What is working?

-

What is not working?

-

Comments

-

These AARs will help us fix problems that can potentially be solved within the program! S!

So' date=' looks like same problems will still plague the program. In order to work there has to be a large enough mass to take care of the green tags.... not many squads have the #s to do it. Between that and the language barriers at certain time of day.............[/quote']

Know that it is likely that it was only Genxs working with these recruits. We are/were a very very small squad and I needed to give it a dry run.

S!

S! guys, Blitz Kader is getting a few recruits atm :). We are having good luck with communicating with them. I have been swapping some players that are playing allied with allied squads :) and others who speak other languages other than English with squads that can help them.

Jr

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0