• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yankdog

Will the rig I am thinking of buying run this game

29 posts in this topic

That should play the game. I purely ditched ATI a couple years back for Nvidia and I am happy ever since.

I run two Ibuypower computers and both play the game with no issues whatever. Even in the heaviest battles on the ground I maintain great frames.

good luck with your purchase, see you in game.

S!

I'm sure there's a ton of great advice in here and if you're wanting to buy not build I can understand that too. Honestly it's not much cheaper these days if you shop well but the big reason to build is better components. Since I recommend ASUS as my number one choice and you're thinking of prebuilt ASAU then hey, sounds good.

Now I didn't get your budget so I'll see what would fit into my build guidelines. Generally about $650 is the sweet spot. More to include the OS.

CNET says this is a great desktop for everything but playing games and they're right. What you picked out above has too much CPU and not enough GPU.

GPU

Here is the chart to use to see where you want to buy. You want to be in the GTX460 to GTX560 range and the similar offerings from AMD. I use AMD mostly these days (they give me stuff).

ASUS CG8350

ASUS CG8250

These have the 460 or 560 graphics cards, The 460 is plenty and what I would recommend in a cheaper build. The 560 would be very nice.

ASUS CG5290

This one has an aged GTX260 but that card is still good. I use it at the office. This is as low as I would go.

CPU

As far as CPU goes any of the core i3/i5 will do. i7 is overkill for games but if you run virtual machines or render stuff... If you needed an i7 you'd know it. For gaming it is a waste of money in this price range. I don't consider them until I'm wasting money in the ~$2500 range.

Here's what you need to know about CPU's. Those 2 CPUs are in my mind the only one's you need to consider. You don't overclock so the bump up to the i5-2500K is money better spent on steak.

Sorry, I didn't see this sooner. If I can offer any more help let me know. You can email me direct if you like. I can point you to some good deals if you want to build or buy.

Now I didn't get your budget

it's not really a budget.

it's a gift and we're paying about $100. Has to be from Best Buy (long story don't ask LOL).

why not recommend an AMD cpu for a budget build tho?

I'm sure there's a ton of great advice in here and if you're wanting to buy not build I can understand that too. Honestly it's not much cheaper these days if you shop well but the big reason to build is better components. Since I recommend ASUS as my number one choice and you're thinking of prebuilt ASAU then hey, sounds good.

Now I didn't get your budget so I'll see what would fit into my build guidelines. Generally about $650 is the sweet spot. More to include the OS.

CNET says this is a great desktop for everything but playing games and they're right. What you picked out above has too much CPU and not enough GPU.

GPU

Here is the chart to use to see where you want to buy. You want to be in the GTX460 to GTX560 range and the similar offerings from AMD. I use AMD mostly these days (they give me stuff).

ASUS CG8350

ASUS CG8250

These have the 460 or 560 graphics cards, The 460 is plenty and what I would recommend in a cheaper build. The 560 would be very nice.

ASUS CG5290

This one has an aged GTX260 but that card is still good. I use it at the office. This is as low as I would go.

CPU

As far as CPU goes any of the core i3/i5 will do. i7 is overkill for games but if you run virtual machines or render stuff... If you needed an i7 you'd know it. For gaming it is a waste of money in this price range. I don't consider them until I'm wasting money in the ~$2500 range.

Here's what you need to know about CPU's. Those 2 CPUs are in my mind the only one's you need to consider. You don't overclock so the bump up to the i5-2500K is money better spent on steak.

Sorry, I didn't see this sooner. If I can offer any more help let me know. You can email me direct if you like. I can point you to some good deals if you want to build or buy.

Thanks Gophur this is helpful. It's not a question of a budget, someone on my wife's side of the family works at a store and is buying one for us essentially so my influence over what it is is limited. It will be used for more than gaming so I wouldn't go the pure gaming computer route...yet. So, it is the one above. But I do like your suggestions and on down the line when I can buy one just for fun, I might get something like the one you linked to.

Tried to send PM but didn't get through to you. Had a question for you.

Thanks Gophur

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0