Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
amerk

What can I do?

15 posts in this topic

I decided after two years and a-lot of usage on my gaming PC that has seen the computer slow down considerably and get a virus that I couldn't get rid of, to factory format it last night.

The issue I am having now is with my CFML folder I had my keymap information stored in. 1) Windows does not recognize it and asked me to either look for an extension on line or use a program to open it. I am nearly 100% sure it was word pad the computer used to open it, so I selected it and started to copy the information manually. 2) The game does no recognize the keystrokes.

No matter how many times I did it, the game wouldn't recognize it, but weirdly, when I made a change on the keymapper in game, it registered the change in the word pad CFML file.

I am really hoping I did not F with the registry, because that seems to be the only thing I can think it might be. I used a recovery disk that came with the computer, first time it has ever been used on this rig and the rig is 2 years old.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Did you not just replace he new cfml with the new cfml(copy and replace).

I jst did a full fresh install a few days ago, just copied my old backup of cfml folder and placed it in /my docments/battlegroundeurope and all worked fine

No responses' date=' ****ing great.[/quote']

No need for that, this is a player forum where people use their own time to help others. 6 hours without a reply and you're spitting the dummy :rolleyes:

As petie said, all you need to do is paste the cfml folder into the documents/battlegroundeurope folder, no need to do anything else.

No need for that, this is a player forum where people use their own time to help others. 6 hours without a reply and you're spitting the dummy :rolleyes:

As petie said, all you need to do is paste the cfml folder into the documents/battlegroundeurope folder, no need to do anything else.

I did that, the game is not registering it in the keymapper.

First off, never open in WordPad, that adds in formatting which may have blown that file to hell.

Always open and save ini type plain text files like that in notepad if you don't have a professional editor program.

I am concerned you have damaged your file beyond repair, you may just need to start with the default one and rejigger- this time AGAIN with notepad only.

First off, never open in WordPad, that adds in formatting which may have blown that file to hell.

Always open and save ini type plain text files like that in notepad if you don't have a professional editor program.

I am concerned you have damaged your file beyond repair, you may just need to start with the default one and rejigger- this time AGAIN with notepad only.

Hypothetical, what happens if you had originally opened it with notepad and the problem still persisted?

1 person likes this

definite, Oldzeke :)

Hypothetical, what happens if you had originally opened it with notepad and the problem still persisted?

sorry, but do you want help or would you like talk about hypothetical things ?

:)

The cfml folder' date=' it is in "my documents/battleground europe/cfml". Correct?[/quote']

Yes sir.

1 person likes this

i have problem whit game need help please i press enter world and then it shuts the dam game down help me its killing me please :mad:

Amerk I shot you a PM, hope it helps.

Serioussam, need your system specs.

1st off you must have a dedicated gfx card, not intel grafics/onboard grafics. Gotta have a actual video card.

If a laptop with dedicated grafics, nvidia, ati, amd grafics card then you must go into the video properties, power section and set the game to highest grafics. In other words set the game to initialize your gfx card.

Lastly you must have updated gfx drivers, the game will not run on the windows installed grafics as they are just too old a version.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0