Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
junglebr

How big is the player base?

9 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I just logged into the game and counted the ppl playing as axis inf. It comes down to 24. I mean, to a MMO game, this is really low. I havent played this game since 2010 welcome back soldier program and havent payed for it since 2008. Decided to give it a try again and paid for one month. So far, except for one night, what i've been facing is pretty low numbers. I was wondering how big the player base is nowdays, i think its under 1500 and its a shame considering that back in 2001 when the game was launched they had more than 1 server with 1200 players capacity. This is a good game, but it lacks players. CRS, maybe its time to give it a try and do a promotion.

Best Regards,

Carlos.

Ive always wondered why they don't do a promotion for active duty soldiers and guardsmen. Most all these Soldiers game and most have rigs that would run this game. I got a thread started in the gaming forums at Army Knowledge Online and got a few interested people, it just irks me that there is not even a refer a friend program which pretty much EVERY other MMO has.

I would recommend picking out a dozen or so well trafficked gaming and flight sim forums and asking the community to request new recruits to the game. The issue is for me, when people have a problem launching a new game right of the back, they often get irritated and will never come back. Ive been playing just over a year and have a tremendous amount of fun and enjoyed the community I have discovered. However I have limited playtime and besides a few 2-3 hour time frames during the day, the population can create a challenge as far as action goes.

Just my 2 cents

There were about 300 people fighting around huy around 3 hours ago IIRC, based on AO's and mission pops.

A lot depends on WHEN you get to play. It can seem like 10 vs 10 at times. This campaign during peak there have been some nice battles and plenty of peeps to kill.

I play TZ2-3 mostly so I get the 1AO mostly. It can still be fun, or it can be boring. Depends.

S!

CRS Marketing personal, if any, lacks in competence, i'm sorry to say. The only promotion, that i'm aware of, designed to attract new players is a 10 Day Free Trial. Come on! With such a big learning curve, a 10 day trial is a joke for this game. Also, the low player base has to be considered. Its possible that within 10 days the new player who can only play occasionally won't be able to learn the basic and find big battles.

I would say that a cheap and nice offer would be a referral program to the existing player base in the following terms:

Everyone is entitle to refer new players who would have a free trial of 2 months or 1 month, but NOT 10 days; i would vote for 2 months because it's enough time for the new guy to get around the game, play a campaign, make friends and become part of the community. The good thing about referral is that the active player is usually more commited to help a friend than a person he doesn't know.

To make it interesting for the active player base to get involved, i would suggest that by the end of the trial, if the new player sign up and pay for the game, the player who suggested would get a bonus of 1 free month.

I can't imagine the "cons" of this marketing strategy, MMO needs ppl, if we get and increase of 30% from new referred players, it would make battles more intense, more fun and a larger number of the new guys would pay for it after the 2 months trial. Less of the actual player base would quit because the game lacks action and the active players who referred new guys would get a bonus to keep them happy. Considering that there is a new guy paying, this wouldn't mean a revenue drop to CRS who i imagine is on a budged.

My 2 cents,

Carlos.

Thanks for your input. This thread has no relevance to community support. We won't comment on the playerbase size, but I will state that our team is actively pursuing ideas and opportunity to increase and maintain our numbers.

S!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0