• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thewench

Sound issues

8 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Last week everything seemed to be running fine in game in regards to sound. After a long work week, I logged in this weekend and my sound in game is fubar.

I'm having two issues.

One is a directional problem. Sounds seem to be coming from incorrect directions. Sometimes it from the opposite direction than where it should be sometimes it's just any direction but correct.

The other problem I'm having is that if I turn one direction my sound goes out completely. Then as soon as I turn some more full on noise again.

I've asked everyone in the house and apparently no one has down any downloads or changed any sound settings for the computer or in any other programs.

At the moment, it makes the game unplayable for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks

thewench

That's an interesting one.

Check the sound settings in game, perhaps one of those changed somehow.

The sound in WWIIOL is brilliant when it works, but it does seem a bit buggy. If I set my sound device as SB X-Fi it gives all sorts of problems, but with the default primary sound driver it is usually ok, so have a look at that in settings. Also in Windows check that the type of output is correct - 5.1 speakers, headphones or whatever you are using. If that is incorrect it will give you problems.

Check your directional sound against a friendly vehicle that is marked on the map. I was listening to a Crusader last night, and looking at the map I realised the directional sound was about 20 degrees out. I turned around a few times and it was then spot on. I am starting to think that this may all be part of data just not updating properly from the server.

You may want to post up your specs and sound settings.

I've checked the in game sound settings, and my computer settings.

In game I have it set to default (tried others and didn't work)

On the computer I have it set to desktop speakers, not earphones.

From what I've been able to tell, I should have the game and computer set properly.

I'm a computer noob, so if you'll tell me the steps to get the info you need, I'll post it.

thanks!

thewench

I have had the same problem for a long time. I can't figure it out either. When I hear an opel or ET, it is often the opposite direction of what I'm hearing. I usually have to turn my head in game and listen for sounds that way. It seems to be more accurate then.

Since looking at this thread I have been taking more notice of it in game, and it seems there may be a problem - client side or game side I don't know. I always locate sound direction by turning left and right to "centre in" on the audio. When I do this now I seem to get different locations for the same sound. I'll check some more and see if there is a bug report for it.

@ thewench

XP

Start > Run > dxdiag

W7

Type dxdiag in the search box and hit enter

Click "save all information"

From the text file it generates, copy and paste just these bits (they are in system information, display devices and sound devices), eg. from my machine:

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.111025-1629)

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor, MMX, 3DNow (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: 3072MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 9800 GT

Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Driver Version: 6.14.0012.8558 (English)

Description: SB X-Fi Audio [EC00]

Driver Version: 5.12.0001.1201 (English)

In the settings prog you should have your sound device selected, NOT 'primary sound driver'.

In the in game preferences/sound you should select the same device.

Your actual sound device will have it's own control panel somewhere, make sure it is set to stereo if you are using headphones/stereo speakers and not 5.1/7.1 unless you have a surround setup.

In the settings prog you should have your sound device selected, NOT 'primary sound driver'.

In the in game preferences/sound you should select the same device.

Your actual sound device will have it's own control panel somewhere, make sure it is set to stereo if you are using headphones/stereo speakers and not 5.1/7.1 unless you have a surround setup.

Absolutely correct. But if I do that I get terrible problems with sound. It only works if I select my SB X-Fi card as the sound device in Windows, then primary sound driver in the game settings.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0