Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
japple

Sherman 76

10 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm not sure if this topic belongs here or not but I need some answers. I keep running into these sherman 76's and my 75mm gun doesnt seem to do anything to the front, and this confuses me because the history books and the wiki say the 75mm has enough power to kill one at normal distance frontally and yet for some reason these things wont die when I shoot them? Is there something that I'm not being told? I've only been able to kill one by flanking it.

Edited by japple

You need to check out this information:

Axis PaK guide:

http://battleground-europe.net/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2010/10/axis_pak_guide.pdf

Axis Sapper/ATR guides:

http://battleground-europe.net/?page_id=56

How to use the rangefinder built into the Panzers gunsight:

http://www.75thguards.com/ww2online/downloads/Zheriz_Ziess_Sight_Guide.pdf

Master these, and you will rule the battlefield.

Hi' date=' I'm not sure if this topic belongs here or not but I need some answers. I keep running into these sherman 76's and my 75mm gun doesnt seem to do anything to the front, and this confuses me because the history books and the wiki say the 75mm has enough power to kill one at normal distance frontally and yet for some reason these things wont die when I shoot them? Is there something that I'm not being told? I've only been able to kill one by flanking it.[/quote']

No you are doing the right thing.

Unless you are very lucky, in this game you won't kill a Sherman's 76 gun (or the normal Sherman's for that matter) frontally at short range with a Stug G or a IVG before he deguns you.

He will degun you 1 hit in IVG and if you are lucky in 2-3 hits in a Stug G.

Theoretically you can degun him if you hit the extreme side of the turret (an almost glancing shot when you are frontal) but if you miss, he won't.

Whether this is historical performance or not has been discussed multiple times.

In any case in this game avoid going frontal with Shermans below 1k and flank them instad.

The alternative is going in a long range duel (Stug only, not IVG) e.g 1.8 k or more. In this case he will be lucky if he deguns you but even if you can't kill him, you can track him and retreat. Good Pz players use this tactics.

Edited by vonik

Always shoot the barrel. A good 1 shot on the barrel of a 76 or m4 will degun. Pak38 maybe 2 shots.

Thank you for the Tips its helped me out alot and I found that my 75mm gun does indeed have the power to kill it at long range, I never played through the whole thing so I never slugged it out with sherman 76's before and now by playing more and with your helpful tips I now no longer have any problems killing one...

All my experience backs up what Von said always avoid going against allied armor frontally and distance less than 800m especially both shermans, M10 gunners and Churchills VII gunners, it's very unpredictable and usually tips on allied favor due their turrets having more armor.

If you are hidden and undetected wait for a better shot at a sherman or m10 side will offer better results

This will make you enjoy more the game.

You must remember STUG G has no defense capabilities vs ATR or RPATs so avoid going too near a town or the enemy position your commander is your only defense against anti-tank if you spot one run...

Avoid churchills under 800 but all others are fair game. I hate to pull a tormented but if you learn to hit the gunner they die fast. M10s hit the hull and watch them burn!

Avoid churchills under 800 but all others are fair game. I hate to pull a tormented but if you learn to hit the gunner they die fast. M10s hit the hull and watch them burn!

lol? you should be honored when pulling a tormented

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0