Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GrAnit

Log-In Bugs

6 posts in this topic

Love the game and have been playing for 8+ years but I am about ready to jump of the bridge because of numerous bugs make it hard to play BE right now.

Everytime i click the "Play' button when after the login screen I get a miniscule window in the upper left corner that I can not enlarge. When I click to close, the window enlarges and is titled "Battleground Europe Launcher". It says the launcher is not responding and asks if I want to wait or close the program. I select 'wai't and about two-thirds the time, after a couple of minutes or more, I get another window with the "t0" error message. I click on that and I get a timeout error window (I assume because I had to wait so long for a reponse in the first place) and I have to start the process all over again. Very frustrating!!! So there are two login bugs that were not there previuosly. The "t0" bug started about two months ago and the launcher bug started about two weeks ago. I posted several times on the t0 bug with no real response except to wait and maybe it will be fixed 'soon'. The second bug I have posted with no joy either. I have reloaded the BE program, restored my cpmputer to times before the bug ocurred with no joy. It is extremely frustrating trying to play.

Can someone look into these issues and get some fixes in place? For all my time playing never had log in issues until a few months ago. It's a real deal killer.

Thanks.

Tried seven times in a row to log into game overa 20 minute span. No joy! HELP!!!!

From the looks of things, WW2ol isn't really a programming project as much as its an art project.

From what I have seen, the majority of the game is 3rd party products and libraries to cut down on the dependence on individual programmers and implementation. So it seems they have little control concerning the inter-operability of these items and their usages's side effects. Like LUA for example is a major slowdown culprit in all games ive seen it implemented and yet it is there and they use a custom networking library to look after the networking side of things instead of just using the basic winsock implement (which isnt really hard to program for).

Unfortunatly, because of this; there will be unseen problems etc. If you really enjoy ww2ol you can only sit back and play it when the game lets you, and not worry about when it doesn't. The game has moods of its own and you can only really pander to it, it helps to look at the bright side: Its healthier to take breaks from games more often then not :-)

(I hate to say it, but if it makes you mad; maybe your taking it too seriously ;-) )

Edited by torquil

(I hate to say it, but if it makes you mad; maybe your taking it too seriously ;-) )

Whhat makes me mad is that paid a year in advance for a game I can not play due to poor programming/servers and no customer response.

Not a good business model for CRS.

From the looks of things, WW2ol isn't really a programming project as much as its an art project.

From what I have seen, the majority of the game is 3rd party products and libraries to cut down on the dependence on individual programmers and implementation. So it seems they have little control concerning the inter-operability of these items and their usages's side effects. Like LUA for example is a major slowdown culprit in all games ive seen it implemented and yet it is there and they use a custom networking library to look after the networking side of things instead of just using the basic winsock implement (which isnt really hard to program for).

Unfortunatly, because of this; there will be unseen problems etc. If you really enjoy ww2ol you can only sit back and play it when the game lets you, and not worry about when it doesn't. The game has moods of its own and you can only really pander to it, it helps to look at the bright side: Its healthier to take breaks from games more often then not :-)

the networking side of things actually used to work very well...

this game actually ran like a champion on 56K modems back in the day

seems like they lost some core talent along the way that programmed some of the stuff...and I think the documentation to go along with it....so its been a struggle for them it seems to keep things going and and add stuff to it...

sometimes it seems like its just one big database and they are only admins running it and adding 'mods' along the way...

Edited by Vampress

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0