Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Enigma

Tree issues with ATI HD7750

33 posts in this topic

So I bought a new video card and the trees are all blotchy and grass is black. I searched around in the forums a bunch of threads about this but no actual central thread that says how to fix this. It isn't in the sticky either.

Help

It says it is an open ticket and there is no fix. They were talking about 12.3 drivers working but my drivers are 6.11. There is also no way to download the old ATI versions.

What is the solution, going to a third party website and getting old drivers there? It seems odd that my driver number is 6.11 and not anywhere near 12. I installed the drivers that came in my box.

Okay scratch that about 6.11. I clicked the wrong series. 12.4 are currently up on the website.

Does anyone have this file on windows xp for 32 bit? Hard to find from third party websites, can only find windows 7 version.

e:

Seems like I have 12.4 according to my catalyst control.

Edited by Enigma

Oh but that first link worked. Huh that's odd, I couldn't find the older versions on there.

Anyways, I will try it out thanks

Do you have any other games you can test this card with?

It sounds like some of the memory might be defective.

Do you have any other games you can test this card with?

It sounds like some of the memory might be defective.

All other games work fine.

On further inspection; it sounds like a colour issue (cause by unknown effect enhancement).

IE: The clutter and other items which have been optimized for speed seem to be suffering.

I would take a look at your advanced catayst settings and systematically turn off all the sort of enhancements that exist one by one, from the SMOOTHVISION to basic Anti ailising and see if any of that fixes it.

Failing that, try with them all off and if that works, work your way up until you find the item that breaks it.

Good luck and report back if you get any positive results.

Edited by torquil

Someone else with a similiar card tried the perscribed (by me) method and it didn't work for him. So it might be worth playing with your compatibility settings for the application as well.

what did you get a 7750 for?

an NV 560 is alot better card and they make them with 2 gigs ram even

I've been tooling around with it but it seems like it's getting worst. It lags a bit when I start to blackout (only the first time in the sortie) and I just CTD while I was dropping my flaps to land.

Sort of odd. Well now that I think about it, it's not really a CTD caused by the game, but rather there was an ATI warning about a VPU Recover which causes the game to go screwy.

e:

I just opened my box and I realized there is an orange light on the motherboard that is turned on and it won't turn off. hmmm

Edited by Enigma

Sort of odd. Well now that I think about it, it's not really a CTD caused by the game, but rather there was an ATI warning about a VPU Recover which causes the game to go screwy.

I see that one with my 5750. It's something new.

Just curious if you have any problems with 1.35 beta and your card. I suspect a driver issue but trying a different version of the game gives you another thing to test.

I just bought a new computer have ati 7700 and having the same problem. Is this something cars can resolve? If not I want my money back

I just bought a new computer have ati 7700 and having the same problem. Is this something cars can resolve? If not I want my money back

well if it doesn't do it for other cards then it usually means its a video driver problem...and then ati/amd will have to issue the fix.

the only good news I suppose is this game uses alot of off the shelf stuff supposedly that others also use...so they don't necessarily have to put out a 'patch' just to fix this game because if a video driver is broken here its broken for many other things out there also.

I think game uses open GL..and NOT direct X

most people generally have prefered to use Nvida video cards for this game...its a shame that NV only had the 550ti then leaped up to the 560's with nothing inbetween(except for the 560 SE which has only lately just come about)

the 7770's are well rounded video cards when they work...with a good compromise of speed and price

Edited by Vampress

Jesus this game hates my card. I CTD anytime I change an AO.

God damnit

Order a new one online, when that gets to you, sell the one you have ? :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0