Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
argel

If you're running more than 2GB of RAM on Win 7 x64...

27 posts in this topic

Had very bad crash to desktop problem. I downloaded and patched game ww2.exe week ago and havent had a single CTD.

Highly recommeded.

I get message saying 'couldn't open executable'. Any suggestions?

open the program and browse your wwiionline game directory and find ww2.exe.

Just FYI, programs like this have straaaange effects on this game. I used Large Address Aware on this game before and none of my rounds became effective. The game performance didn't seem to change, but I could be point blank behind someone with a g43 and drop 4 rounds into them and they just turned around and shot me. I played for about 2 hours confirming this turning LAA on and off, and every time it was on, none of my rounds did damage.

Well if ness is completely right that means this does more damage then good, and should not be recommended to anyone.

The game breaking is one thing; but breaking the game is another.

Well if ness is completely right that means this does more damage then good, and should not be recommended to anyone.

The game breaking is one thing; but breaking the game is another.

To be fair I havent tested ntcore's util, but it works the same as LAA. Just be on the lookout ;)

BTT - Also FWIW... I used ntcore's util (and not LAA) and have no issues scoring kills on the enemy.

Don't confuse the two (LAA vs ntcore util) even though they are supposed to do something similar.

I7-930@4.2

24gb ram

6990+6970 pushing 3x1 Eyefinity Trifire on 3 24" 1920x1200

128mb SSD

MSWin 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Trying out the latest AMD beta drivers... had favorable results with the last 12.6 drivers WRT to tearing and stutter at 5760x1200... but that's a different thread.

Edited by membrain

I however did notice ineffective rounds after using this utility. I shot 1 LMG 5+ times (confirmed by blood spatter on each hit) without actually killing him (I scored a kill on the first shot). Stupid me didn't make a copy of the exe though so I'm pretty much stuck unless I want to do a reinstall.

I however did notice ineffective rounds after using this utility. I shot 1 LMG 5+ times (confirmed by blood spatter on each hit) without actually killing him (I scored a kill on the first shot). Stupid me didn't make a copy of the exe though so I'm pretty much stuck unless I want to do a reinstall.

The program makes a backup of the exe. Guys you need to read stuff, it tells you it makes a backup. And it was stated this was try at your own risk.

I've had no annomilies useing it.

back.jpg

The program makes a backup of the exe. Guys you need to read stuff, it tells you it makes a backup. And it was stated this was try at your own risk.

I've had no annomilies useing it.

back.jpg

haha, I forgot it did that. Note to self, do not make changes to important things when focusing on ODE.

Ran the oldzeke patch a week ago deff seems to have helped.

Havent noticed any difference bulletwise but cant hit the side of a barn anyhow.

Random rubber bullets before the patch and after. Its a game issue.

good to know. Haven't really played in forever so not too up on the current issues. Didn't roll back so after this guess I'll leave it.

I ran this patch, and see nothing funky except fewer CTDs and a little better performance. Great find!! Thanks oldzeke!

Edited by onearmed

Working in windows 8 as well.

Works so well that I ran out of fuel on the Spit Vb and still haven't CTD.

Yep very few ctds after applied this, and i have no problem killing axis either :).

Super patch!

Edited by maxios

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0