Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robyd

UK & Europe

22 posts in this topic

Isnt it about time we got all the Guys & Girls together some place in the UK to talk all things WWII and see if we can get Some US buddy's over and show them how to drink/party properly!

It could be just a night at the pub or we could combine it with some kind of event?

Maybe even hold it on the Normandy Beach's?

I just think its about time I met some of the people I have been chatting to over the years!

Ideas, Thoughts and anyone want to team up with me?

Ireland :)

Think they where neutral, so should be fine for axis and allied players.

I am fine with most of the places, and i will be thereif i can find the time to attend.

Think the Hussars had a few meetings before, maybe they have some ideas.

Hi there,

Italy,Hungary,Romania,and Bulgaria where the country's that fight with Germany, but only Italy on the west front.

I myself i`m from Romania, and i do not take offense with the affirmation that Romania "helped" Germany loose at Stalingrad, despite the fact than almost 1 mil soldiers where on the eastern front, the equipment of the Romanian army was mostly from WW1 and the tanks where ....french mostly...R35 and very few Panzerkampfwagen IV( 11 Pz4,and 139 Pz3 ...total), and that was against an army of 1400 tanks deployed for just for Stalingrad.

For this game, the germans on the western front could get help from Italy, but the equipment and troops are just as useless as the Romanian ones.

Can only be in london surely, nothing else in england competes for well everything.

I dont live in london but i work there and its one quality place.

Definitely bump! Sadly London has biggest military museums....bovington only good for a day trip or find place in countryside with beer near bovington for a stay over...or London for Hendon and Iwm? Duxford other option...?

What Euro museums are there?

Edited by Smythes

Definitely bump! Sadly London has biggest military museums....bovington only good for a day trip or find place in countryside with beer near bovington for a stay over...or London for Hendon and Iwm? Duxford other option...?

What Euro museums are there?

There is a rather awesome transportation museum in Sinsheim, Germany.

If we where just talking about UK players, then meeting up at Bovington during Tank Fest, or Duxford during the Flying Legends weekend would be a great idea.

If people are talking about coming from outside the UK, especially if we are only talking about a 1 day thing, then sadly London is probably the best option. IWM & Hendon both easily within reach, and of course HMS Belfast for those with Naval interests! :)

Only met a few UK players over the years so would be great to meet more. In fact met more players from Sweden then here! :D

did this back in 09 and we went to bovington, it was more of a squad get to gether. it was a good laugh, Bournemouth is only a short train ride away that's where we all stayed.

Ok I know I am months out of date replying to this but I do think it is a good idea and I wanted to nominate my home town of Gopsort. Where you say? Well here are my reasons:

1. Gosport is on the WWii map as the most westerly town on the south coast of england. (not great so far...ok)

2. It is 45 mins from Bovington the Tank museum.

3. It is 1.5 hrs from London, Imperial war museum and nightlife stuff.

4. it is a 5 minute ferry ride to Portsmouth, the current home of the Royal Navy and also the home for HMS Victory, HMS Warrior (first iron clad war ship), the Mary Rose (Henry Viii flag ship) and the naval museum.

5. There are ferries from here to northern France, 2-3 hrs each way.

6. Gosport is home to the Royal navy’s submarine museum where you can go onto HMS Alliance.

7. Gosport beaches were the main embarkation point for the British and Canadian forces on DD. Some of the temporary slip ways are still there and the Club house of my sailing club was built as the control tower for the operation. My 98 year old Nan remembers it all but don’t expect her to remember your name or even mine.

8. A friend of mine has run archaeological dives on tanks, field guns, landing craft etc that did not get more than a few miles from Gosport due to the bad weather. I am sure she would do a presentation. There are also bits of mulberry harbour (which were built near by) that never left.

9. Explosion museum of Naval firepower is in Gosport.

10. Fort Nelson:- “The museum’s displays trace the development of artillery from pre-gunpowder siege machines to modern-day super guns. There are over 350 big guns on display”. Including bits of Sadam Hussains supergun.

11. Calshot is only 10 miles away. (the home of the Schneider trophy…still not got it….where the racing seaplane the Supermarine was developed…what still not there….The predecessor to the Supermarine spitfire.)

But that’s all I can think of at the moment! If people are interested I will put together a list of internet links so you can check out all these places.

Gosport silky,,is that even in the UK...need somewhere in middle Manchester Newcastle way for our Scottish friends Gosport my arse!

Not London - I spent a week there one day!!!

Manchester -central Britain and has Liverpool close by great night life.

The south does have god museums but Wolverhampton (RAF Cosford) has an excellent museum there for air. Would be interested in the meet though.

=

The south does have god museums but Wolverhampton (RAF Cosford) has an excellent museum there for air. Would be interested in the meet though.

RAF Museum Cosford has a lot of gucci kit in it.

Shame about the actual camp, though ;-)

Sign me up beotches!

Cosford museum is okay, small enough to not spend too much time in and leave plenty for the pub!

The camp is crap, but the museum is okay. It isn't so big that it'll eat into drinking time!

Hampshire would be best. Navy, land and air within easy reach. E.g. Tangmere, Portsmouth, Bovington and London to the North. Problem is i've done most of those :-(

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0