• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
genxs

Performance going downhill ?

29 posts in this topic

I am using an I5-2500k with a GTX 670 FTW and I was getting 10-13 FPS in the big battle last night. I am sure that I could jack my CPU up to gain a few more FPS, but that shouldn't be necessary, nor will I spend 5 grand on a video game. I am sure other people can play with 10 FPS but I can't. If 1.35 doesn't help, and I start getting these kind of frame rates consistently, I will just stop playing the game.

If you have that setup and you are getting those frames, you are doing it wrong. I understand that it SHOULDN'T be necessary, but unfortunately it is. You have equipment that is currently capable of running fine, but you don't have it configured to do so. A lot of things in this game SHOULDN'T happen, but they do. I completely agree with you, but for the time being, you can either try and play at 10-13 FPS, or you can do something about it.

If you have that setup and you are getting those frames' date=' you are doing it wrong. I understand that it SHOULDN'T be necessary, but unfortunately it is. You have equipment that is currently capable of running fine, but you don't have it configured to do so. A lot of things in this game SHOULDN'T happen, but they do. I completely agree with you, but for the time being, you can either try and play at 10-13 FPS, or you can do something about it.[/quote']

Well I only get that low of FPS in VERY big battles. Usually I get plenty of FPS, it is just in big battles that problems occur. I bought the K model because it was just as cheap as the normal 2500 with a deal from Microcenter at the time. I will overclock if necessary, but how much can you really expect from an overclock? I would guess that a 10-15% increase is probably very good, and if that is the case how many extra frames would it get me?

WOW, Reading this thread made me sad as well as made me think my i5 is hindering my performance because of others running at a full ghz or more than I am, lol. I really hope the things you guys said are not true but I feel strongly they are, I can't understand how a solid business model wasn't created for this game to ensure it's survival.

Well I only get that low of FPS in VERY big battles. Usually I get plenty of FPS' date=' it is just in big battles that problems occur. I bought the K model because it was just as cheap as the normal 2500 with a deal from Microcenter at the time. I will overclock if necessary, but how much can you really expect from an overclock? I would guess that a 10-15% increase is probably very good, and if that is the case how many extra frames would it get me?[/quote']

I have an old overclocking before and after guide if you click the image link in my sig, but I can't really recommend it right now since a lot of it is outdated and completely inaccurate if you are using newer drivers. As far as general intro, I'd say that its worth a look.

I'm creating a list of things to do and test in this game and will share results, as soon as I can figure out a solid benchmark for this game. Offline is not good methinks.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0