Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rebel

Saitek X52 not calibrating

5 posts in this topic

Hey yall,

been awhile since I played and finally got back on and tryed using my joystick. When I first tryed taking off my flaps went into a turn as if im turning hard right and then crash. So I went to calibrate my joystick from the control panel and it isnt recognizing the right movements at all. I did a driver update and that is good. Is my Saitek broken? I hope not and hopefully someone has heard of this and a fix? Please help me get back in the air to shoot down some yanks!

Rebel

Sorry that you have a problem with your X52, maybe this can help you as it helped me...I cannot tell you website where i found it for i only copied and pasted it in a txt file a very long time ago.

"Your problem is your registry.

I had this problem and it took some time to figure it wasn't anything I could have fixed easily. The following is an excerpt from a Saitek email.

In some cases, the calibration for the controller may be off. This may be an issue with a corrupted initial calibration of the controller. The following instructions involve changes to the Windows Registry. The registry is a very sensitive part of Windows and removing or editing the wrong value can cause a multitude of problems. See about making a backup of the registry before proceeding. In case you screw up! Do the following at your own risk! But this worked for me and within ten minutes my x52 was working. click Start, and Run. Type in "regedit".

- click on the plus sign next to " HKEY_LOCAL_machine"

- click on the plus sign next to "System"

- click on the plus sign next to "Current ControlSet"

- click on the plus sign next to "Control"

- click on the plus sign next to "MediaProperties"

- click on the plus sign next to "Privateproperties"

- click on the plus sign next to "DirectInput"

- Look for keys starting with VID_06A3 and delete them.

- Close the registry editor by clicking on Registry at the top then click exit.

- Reboot your machine.

-Recalibrate the controller by twisting the joystick, then rotate it around several times."

I did that and it worked fine and then after flying for 15 minutes my plane went into a hard left spin and my joystick wouldnt do anything and now its back to going nuts on the x and y axis

rebel have you tried to unplug the usb for the joystick? if that doesnt work go ahead and plug it into a different usb port, and if after that its still not doing the correct thing unplug the PS2 cable from the back of the throttle that goes to the joystick and replug those back into the throttle and joystick.

also, one thing that i have to do when i fist boot my computer and hop in game is when spawning for the first time, turn the joystick in a complete 360 degree circle both clock wise and counter clockwise.

hope it helps

My X45 does this some times.

Forget what Scott says... never mess with the registry directly.

Download DXTweak2 and install/run.

Bottom of the screen, set defaults.

You can also tweak the axis settings and see whats being reported.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0