Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oneman

Mountain lion...

14 posts in this topic

Installed on my 07' iMac I got a slight increase in FPS..

Installed on my 11' MBP No change in FPS

Installed on my 07' iMac I got a slight increase in FPS..

Installed on my 11' MBP No change in FPS

yah I am on a mac mini only a couple of months old. Only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with the crappy video card. I went from 15 fps down to 10.

oneman,

Does the Mac Mini have a dedicated video card? Some of the onboard Video cards actually use some of the RAM if I remember. Is there a way to see your RAM utilization after you installed 10.8?

oneman,

Does the Mac Mini have a dedicated video card? Some of the onboard Video cards actually use some of the RAM if I remember. Is there a way to see your RAM utilization after you installed 10.8?

yah its shared ram video card. I installed a total of 9 gigs so I would have enough.

I think you need a stand alone gpu-card and not a gpu-chip on the MOB to be able to play WWIIOL.

I think you need a stand alone gpu-card and not a gpu-chip on the MOB to be able to play WWIIOL.

nope I am playing it now. I reset my settings and I am back up to about 15 FPS.

I dont feel like building a Win7 machine just for this game

I understand you totally. Amazing you can play WWII Online on a Mac mini.

I finally got it to work to run two accounts on the same iMac. I guess it has to do with that I downloaded moar RAM. I've now 12GB RAM plus 1GB RAM on the GPU card. Only issue is that the comp gets rather hot when it runs to clients of WWIIOL. :cool:

I understand you totally. Amazing you can play WWII Online on a Mac mini.

I finally got it to work to run two accounts on the same iMac. I guess it has to do with that I downloaded moar RAM. I've now 12GB RAM plus 1GB RAM on the GPU card. Only issue is that the comp gets rather hot when it runs to clients of WWIIOL. :cool:

Was it just a matter of having enough hardware to run the two clients, or did you have to do anything special on the software side?

No, I just copied the WWIIOL client to another folder and voilá it loaded up and runned very well. I was very surprised since I never got it to work before.

I have named one of the clients to "••• World War ][ Online Tow account" to be able to keep them seperated when I switch between them. Only issue is the comp gets very hot, just as when I run Windows on it.

Graphics card has a sh*t fit with mountain lion and the screen flashes and weird colors show up

It's a Current model MBP

My 3 yr old mbp it ctd's if i alt-tab 2x without rebooting the game

Graphics card has a sh*t fit with mountain lion and the screen flashes and weird colors show up

It's a Current model MBP

My 3 yr old mbp it ctd's if i alt-tab 2x without rebooting the game

thats weird.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0