Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leopold

Keymapped functions just stopped working

11 posts in this topic

For some reason my secondary keymaps for gunsight view and instrument view when either in crew position 1 or 2 (usually as a panzer for example) just stopped working. The primary still work numpad . and numpad 0 , but the secondary maps fail , in my case both mapped to joystick button 3.

This is hard to understand because for years this has worked fine for me (???)

When I try to remap and save sometimes (everytime? Im not sure) the client will crash to desktop.

Anyhelp appreciated.

I was able to work thru the problem to some extent. There was still much weirdness involved. But now gunsight view is working when mapped to, in my case JS button 3, in all panzers, including the panzer IIc , but this is where it's weird. Everytime I 'save changes' for the panzer IIc the client crashes. However even though it crashed, after reloading client the change was still there in panzer IIc (gunsightview secondary mapped to JS button 3) and the key map started working again.

I wish I could provide more concise evidence of what exactly happened when , how , but it's been a confusing problem.

To be clear , I can remap the other panzers, and then save changes and client does not crash, but when remapping secondary gunsight view of the Panzer IIc, which at some point in the recent past (like earlier today maybe) did stop working, it crashes when clicking 'save changes', but then wierdly begins working properly after cleint reload. ...weird and perplexing from my 'user lever' perspective.

EDIT: Now after going into game and spawning a 232 the kepmap was not working (gunsight view secondary mapped to JS3) BTW I have checked in windows device's JS and confirmed JS button lighting up in the check dialogue graphic (it appears working fine) - When trying to now remap and save with a 232 the client crashes -so for me it's not confined to just the panzer IIc , it apparently can happen with any vehicle.

Edited by leopold

I'm not sure of anything I've written previously here - and I'm sober and of sound mind and body (lol)

All I think I know at this point is while offline I went down the line for each and evevry pzr and confirmed or remapped gunsight view secondary to JS button3 (leaving numpad . as primary and not mapping any other function to JS button 3) . Each time I saved changes for any pzr the client crashed. But upon reload the mapping was now working properly. Offline I spawned each and evry pzr and tested the map (needing driver to zoom on driver optics when optics deployed, and needing gunners to zoom on gun optics using JS button 3 in all cases, and they all worked (thankfully!)

I have no idea what brought this all on - If somehow I caused it or some other factor.

I was online in a JU-88 and tried to map the rear gunner deploy key and CTD.

I don't care to try and fix it.. subs up in a few days.

Just be aware that there's a bug with saving keymap on specific unit ie. Stug B, french SMG etc. where you get CTD as soon as you hit the save button.

If you edit the control of generic units like infantry, tanks, boat or plane, then you should not CTD when saving.

To edit control on a specific unit like say the Char B, select the char B, edit the controls but dont save while having the Char B selected, instead select any generic unit like tanks, infantry.... first, then save.

try this;)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0