Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alf27

really enjoying the game

14 posts in this topic

gday

got the game a few days ago and was surprised by how large scale the whole game is ! im still really green and getting killed a lot but thats all part of learning , i joined a great squad in 1st assualt and hope to do more sorties and learning with them :)

cpl issues i have though is im getting crash to desktop issues when switching personas sometimes and trying to learn all the new chat that i dont understand will take some gettin use to is there like a ww2o dictionary for all the abbreviations ???

Welcome to the game :)!

And try Argels program to deal with the CTDs, seems to be working for quite alot of ppl.

Edited by maxios

gday

got the game a few days ago and was surprised by how large scale the whole game is ! im still really green and getting killed a lot but thats all part of learning , i joined a great squad in 1st assualt and hope to do more sorties and learning with them :)

cpl issues i have though is im getting crash to desktop issues when switching personas sometimes and trying to learn all the new chat that i dont understand will take some gettin use to is there like a ww2o dictionary for all the abbreviations ???

I'm not very new and I still get killed a lot :D

Love this game and glad you're enjoying it too.

Someone has a hotfix posted above my post on how to stop the CTDs. The hotfix creates a backup .exe file that you have to rename to what the current exe file is (ww2.exe I believe).

Works wonders.

thanks heaps for the links guys !!! workin now havnt had a crash since :D

system specs :

intel qud core i7 2.4ghz

nvidia gt540m 2gb

4gb ram

1tb h/d

realtek sound

works a treat gettin 50-70 fps without any drop from that

thanks again for help

alf

Yes, Alot of non new peeps get killed alot, part of the fun, especially when trying to retake that pesky bunker with 100 allies in it :P

Welcome to BE

YEs a steep learning curve this game has for sure.

I remember when my friend came into the game for the first time all i got on his chat to me was.

"Ah what shot me"

"Hey were is that fire coming from?"

"I'm dead again"

As you learn how the game works, when you start recognizing the different sounds of weapon fire and vehicles you can start working out whats coming from where and if its friend or foe.

If you get a full account you can rank up and get Binoculars which really helps.

Best 2 bits of advice are.

Never stay in the same place shooting. the second you fire your weapon, you advertise to every nearby enemy unit where you are.

Keep your back to cover when possible, don't run aimlessly in the open. listen and look.

the rest will come with time .

ask questions often.

Love the game too. Free play lured me in and within two days i did the 1 month subscription to get a better feel for the game to decide if I wanna do a 6month sub or not.

Love the game too. Free play lured me in and within two days i did the 1 month subscription to get a better feel for the game to decide if I wanna do a 6month sub or not.

Welcome then :).

I always said, it doesnt matter if I'm sitting in a bush for hours. It's still rewarding to play as part of a team.

welcome new guys, lots to learn but this is a "meat and potatoes" game not "candy floss".

It has a lot of substance. Fortunately there are a lot of different types of "meat" and "cuts" and even "potatoes". That's why people continue to play and return again and again.

Salute!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0