Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darave

whats up with not allowing intel graphics

20 posts in this topic

Ok I am realy confused I use to play this game 6 mo or so ago on an old laptop that i replaced with a desktop old laptop was crap 2 ghz cpu 4 gigs of ram with raedon 3100 built in graphics that did't even have dedicated ram.

now i have a new desktop with almost double the stats as the old laptop but has intel graphics.

yet this antique of a game can't run with it.

I can play star wars the old republic world of warcraft and many others on high graphics settings and not drop under 60fps and swtor has better graphics then this game so whats up with this?

What exact graphics adapter do you have? Also, when you say "can't run" do you mean it won't load or you don't like the performance you are getting.

Need a bit more info to help.

Why would anyone buy a PC and expect to play any of todays games with integrated graphics?

Sorry I answered your ? with a ?

Why would anyone buy a PC and expect to play any of todays games with integrated graphics?

Sorry I answered your ? with a ?

the latest Intel HD Integrated Adapters (HD 3000/4000) are quite capable of handling graphics-intensive applications

I'm actually curious to see how IGP works with this game, as the HD4000's do surprisingly OK with most games. I'm also curious about lucid MVP and this game. I'll disable some cards at some point and check it out.

the chip is the intel hd 4000 runs all other games great makes swtor run like a dream.

this game it loads to brigade select my role and try to load in and it just crashes to desktop

found some post that says they disabled the game for intel chips my question is why when there more then capable of running this game if an old raedon 3100 intergrated chip can run it. which btw won't even come close to runing star wars the old republic

this setup should blow this game out of water its not like its new this game been out what 10 years now?

The game may be old, but it does have updates to graphics an things over the years

I dont think its the case of them disabling the intel support, just that it isnt supported / compatable

Try going into your video settings and see what your "global" settings are, (should be a program that allows you to tweak your settings under the cards manufacturer), wwIIol used to auto switch my card to my intel built in graphics. So I selected run all programs with (your graphics). I have never had a desktop with a built in graphics card exclusively, so make sure you actually have just one, better yet post your dxdiag.

I was once told that in order to optimise a game for integrated chipsets you had do sit down and do some extra work to the code or something. So CRS have never bothered because there aren't enough people to spare and the benefits are relatively minor.

At least that's what I heard. I've no idea if it's true or not.

Any tech savvy types have the full story?

I would say an integrated chip has no chance to take on this game. You need a GPU card with its own dedicated memory.

This game isn't very GPU hungry, but i'm not sure how IGP's handle video memory. If anyone DOES have a CPU with a IGP, look up the Lucid MVP technology. You can basically sort of SLI your IGP and your dedicated video card.

i have a integrated intel 400 chip in this ultrabook. i can play diablo 3 on medium settings. this game auto-closes on launch. it certainly will not even run on these chips.

It depends on how much dedicated video ram is available, and the CPU a bit (multi-cores don't help with the game). Often, the CPU can be a performance bottleneck.

It depends on how much dedicated video ram is available' date=' and the CPU a bit (multi-cores don't help with the game). Often, the CPU can be a performance bottleneck.[/quote']

Out of interest why no multi core support and will you implement support? I'm not tech savvy but I do know integrated graphics cards may require additional coding, so I doubt they are supported which is disappointing

When they started to write the game in 1999 didn't it exist any OS or hardware that utilized multicore. Therefore can the game only access one core.

They have to rewrite the whole code to make it utilize multicore, and CRS hasn't the manpower as Blizzard haz, yet...

Edited by Sparre

nobody has asked for a dxdiag?

I think because we still don't know what "can not run" actually means. Does it mean CTD or just unacceptable framerates.

I am currently running the game on an AMD A10 5800k APU, using the integrated 7660 gpu. The AMD integrated graphics are considered far superior to intel's oferrings by most reviewers. Amd markets its A series as using discrete GPU tech.

It runs the game with quick loading ,fluid play and frame rates averaging in the 40-50. So it would appear the issue you have have would be more to do with the limitations of intel graphics. The easy solution would be to install a relatively modest discrete graphics card that can run this game.

Slaterat

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0