Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JAMMYMAN

Nvidia GTS 240

4 posts in this topic

Whats the best drivers to run for the game?

Seems like when the 296.10 came out my FPS dropped.

Debating on rolling back to a previous version of Nvidia drivers.

301.42 WHQL are the latest official. Not sure how this would benefit a gts 240, but across the board there is a performance increase vs 296.10 for most cards.

http://www.guru3d.com/news/nvidia-geforce-30142-whql-driver-download/

I'm running these atm since the more recent betas didn't seem to like my gpu overclocks.

Keep in mind that after installing new drivers, the nvidia control panel resets to nvidia recommended settings, which may not provide you with the best performance.

Driver performance for your card would best be compared with a DX10 benchmark, such as 3DMark Vantage.

*ww2ol in specific only appears to use the settings from The GLOBAL SETTINGS tab when you run the game ONLINE.

Setting up a specific 3d profile for ww2ol ONLY applies to offline mode for some reason, however this is what I have experienced so far with these drivers and my specific hardware. (It was forcing SLI on, which cuts framerate down to ~33fps)

Setting up a custom profile for ww2.exe would only be useful if you want to test various settings in a consistent environment before using them for your global profile.

*[i'd like to do some more testing on this to confirm the effects of the nvidia profile settings. Due to the fact that recent drivers are detecting ww2.exe as "World War II Fighters" the drivers will attempt to use nvidia recommended settings that are optimized for "World War II Fighters" and may have an adverse effects on Battleground Europe. I deleted the "World War II Fighters" profile using nvidia inspector and created a new one which gave me these results.]

Edited by ness

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0