• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tarpoon

F2P Feedback from a returning player

6 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I have originally played the game from 2002 to 2006 and resubbed this weekend after doing two days of F2P. As I have resubscribed you can properly guess that I liked most of what I saw.

Especially the infantry gameplay has improved a lot since the old days. (despite this strange FRU thing everywhere ;))

What I did not like, was that there is barely enough supply of entry level planes and/or air missions available on the map.

Most of the time there were only 2 - 3 air missions up for FAF and the H75 supply depleted quickly. It took me (as a semi experienced player) 2 days go gain one air rank and I suspect that many new players, interested in the flying game, might give up, before they get access to the T1 planes.

While I haven't played a whole map yet and cannot tell if the initial supply of T0 planes is sufficient, I would suggest that CRS look into

a) having defence missions generated by default on each supplied airfield

and/or

B) increasing the numbers of low level planes to a minimum of 10 per AF

- Tarpoon

Edited by tarpoon

S! Tarpoon! Welcome back - I really hope CRS take such issues into account as it will make a better game for us all!

I spoke on sunday to Xoom about exactly this issue. He'll forward it to Doc.

Ww2ol/BGE is not as attractive to those who try it for the first time, as it could be.

It is perfect for those playing combatflightsimulations, tanksimulations and like casual groundcombat (FPS style of gaming). But it does score as a whole and not with infantry only. Better to give those new players the chance to like the game by trying all aspects of the game. If they like the game, they will subscribe. If they find the game non attractive they uninstall.

Tarpoon you old leech. At least should you subscribe for the Basic Account for $9.90. :D

Bytheway, welcome back. :)

What I did not like, was that there is barely enough supply of entry level planes and/or air missions available on the map.

Most of the time there were only 2 - 3 air missions up for FAF and the H75 supply depleted quickly. It took me (as a semi experienced player) 2 days go gain one air rank and I suspect that many new players, interested in the flying game, might give up, before they get access to the T1 planes.

While I haven't played a whole map yet and cannot tell if the initial supply of T0 planes is sufficient, I would suggest that CRS look into

a) having defence missions generated by default on each supplied airfield

and/or

B) increasing the numbers of low level planes to a minimum of 10 per AF

- Tarpoon

I couldn't agree more Tarpoon. I invited a friend to try the game, his experience was just as you describe. He spent way too much time trying to find T0 FTP planes to fly. Quite often, he wasn't able to. I spent a few days bombing with him to rank up, and he has subsequently upgraded to a basic account, but he was very frustrated.

I really hope something can be done to get more (new/ftp) pilots in the air. I've kicked around the idea of guaranteed rides for new players in my head (perhaps for their first week)... but at the very least I'd suggest increasing the supply of n00b rides.

If that can't be done, there are a couple things that we could all do to help the new pilots out.

1. Make a better effort to keep missions up where supply exists

2. Always ensure there are bridge missions up

-Wiffy

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0