Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jp1999

100th Campaign - a new idea

22 posts in this topic

Ok, I was playing online this morning and thought to myself. Hmm, we haven't moved much at all for a long time and then it occurred to me. Like the real World War, why don't we have a stalemate option? I mean, for our 100th campaign we could release the option to create trenches and start trench warfare.

It basically means that we should be able to make trenches and fortifications of our own, to make things a little more interesting. Not to mention that we could make the original World War II seem more realistic on this game.

Comment below, if you support this idea. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask in the comments too.

Hope you like the idea, S! And hope the Allies win this campaign.

that would be awesome... BUT i have asked same before and someone of them said me " that is not possible because cant make trenches into ground..."

i would say they to make same kind what was old AI ATG places... little "hill" and then digged a place for a gun... same kind to make that into ground would be possible for trenches

so... yeah i like the idea... was in my head few years ago =)

Edited by tomppeli

Trench warfare was WW1. Long static lines hardly moving more than meters. Also would equal boring attrition battles I think.

Its a fun idea to think about. However, it'll lead to boring attrition battles I'd think.

On a different note,

Longest Campaign: Campaign 33, 11/10/06-02/19/07, Lasted 101 Days, Axis Win

Shortest Campaign: Campaign 48, 10/29/08-11/01/08, Lasted 3 Days, Allied Win

The more you know!!!

Edited by elenrod

Trench warfare was WW1. Long static lines hardly moving more than meters. Also would equal boring attrition battles I think.

ehh... didnt you know that trenches was used aswell in ww2 too? like in finland too... there was 1000% more enemies than defenders in finland, and in other countries what were in war too they had trenches as well...

i think he meant like that when they are attacking for example from some field and you can dig into trench for extra cover for more cover than bushes and thees... that will make the game more intensive i think...

WW1 warfare happened due to lack of mobility (as the prime movers, horses, where very soft skinned).

To make it like that in game:

No Trucks.

No Tanks.

We could allow a limited number of R35's, A13's, and Pz 2's, as their slow speed and limited armor will make them easy to kill and not move the front much.

Great, so a lot of you have given good feedback. I will now look into suggesting this to the game makers, however I would appreciate a petition. Simply give me your real name and I can put it in an email to the guys in the office!

The email will be sent at the beginning of December, so get your mates to sign this as well.

S! And may the allies win this campaign,

JP

What about Leningrad? That was 900 days of stalemate and stubborn heroic defense.

I love the idea of trench war. But it isn't possible with the current engine. Terrain Engine II on the otherhand is it possible. See the Rapid Assault Dog Green map for intance. Excellent german trenches and bunkers.

Can't wait until CRS can start migrate the Campaign terrain to TEII. Problem is that our computers can't handle all that detail TEII demands on this grande scale WWIIOL has. It only works on the small shoebox maps Rapid Assault has.

What about Leningrad? That was 900 days of stalemate and stubborn heroic defense.

I love the idea of trench war. But it isn't possible with the current engine. Terrain Engine II on the otherhand is it possible. See the Rapid Assault Dog Green map for intance. Excellent german trenches and bunkers.

Can't wait until CRS can start migrate the Campaign terrain to TEII. Problem is that our computers can't handle all that detail TEII demands on this grande scale WWIIOL has. It only works on the small shoebox maps Rapid Assault has.

err? what i before said? it is possible to make trenches with the style of bunkers for engineers or so... just make the model as trench...

example one model was the old AI AT wich was like a big foxhole where is the gun AI... first the "ground" gets higher and then the trench like a little hill but long part... im bad to show examples lol...

Thats a shame, well I will check them out. I would like to think though, that as we are not too close to campaign 100, you might have enough time to migrate the two? At the end of the day, its a hard thing to script and build a game - I know, I do it myself - but hopefully if you guys put your minds to it, you could maybe even give the option to build bunkers?

Great, so a lot of you have given good feedback. I will now look into suggesting this to the game makers, however I would appreciate a petition. Simply give me your real name and I can put it in an email to the guys in the office!

The email will be sent at the beginning of December, so get your mates to sign this as well.

S! And may the allies win this campaign,

JP

I do apologise, I said to give your "real name" which probably put some of you guys off, I actually meant your real in game name. Hopefully, we won't need it as we have already caught the eye of a game builder. So perhaps we might just be able to do something.

S!

hey, i just sayed it would be able to make like the old AI gun places...

its likely a little "hill" and then the trench... u got it?

they can do it easily if they want or have time for it...

i hope that will get in too...

jp1999 - plz send this picture with my name too if you gonna send them something...

add my name to it... Tomppeli2k

Sorry, but this idea sucks. Trench warefare would be boring, monotonous and would take too many resources to develop. I do congratulate jp1999 for getting the developers to think outside the box for the 100th Campaign though. I'd like to see an airbourne assault style of campaign whereby only paras are used to take island strongholds - or something.

Trenches would certainly be interesting. As several have noted, trench warfare was more prevalent in WWI, not WWII, but it did happen in places in WWII. Somebody mentioned the conflict in the north between Russia and Finland, where winter weather hampered mobility and created some aspects of trench warfare.

There were other cases where trenches were used, such as slip trenches constructed to protect Normandy, or to protect folks operating a gun battery.

As for trench warfare being boring, well that really depends on the situation. Personally, I think 100 folks coming up out of trenches and charging across no-man's land would be fun... in a computer game (of course a huge waste of soldiers and a horror in real life) ... so long as the opponents were appropriately scaled. Nobody wants to be in a constantly losing situation.

Trenches......flamethrowers.....gas.......hitler complaining about having one nut and not allowing mustard gas.

I LIKE IT!!!

btw im going to support the idea of finland vs russia

I would play the fins of course :)

that was my idea!! :D nah.. im not sure, but thanks! im one finnish dude :)

but that would never happen cause CRS should upgrade map size by almost half

.... ..... ... ... ... .... .... ...... .... ... ... ...... ......... ..... ....... ....... ...... ........

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0