• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tomppeli

ww2online 2.0?

14 posts in this topic

so.. what this means really?

* Rapid Assault [working title] technology is our best opportunity at modernizing WWII Online for a 2.0 release in the future

so, you are gonna update wwiiol to look like RA??

do it mean you will turn up the red crosshair on and set up 3rd person view in tank?

hopefully not, because then its not same as ww2online =(

give me answers plz...

Don't worry, WWIIOL isn't going to turn into RA.

Basically, WWIIOL will never be updated into a new game with new engine and up to date graphics just by taking money from subscribers. It has always made a loss as far as I am aware.

The RA idea started out as a totally new game that could be sold to drum up new cash and also to test new things to bring over to WWIIOL.

As time has gone on, that seems to be evolving. Perhaps it will never be a separate game. But it is still a place to showcase the new technology to potential investors and create stuff that could be brought over to WWIIOL.

Of course, not everything in RA can or will go to WWIIOL. The HUD might, but the crosshairs and 3rd person infantry view never will. The RPATs were designed in RA and ported across. I also understand that lots of host code was developed in the same way.

The third person tank thing could. Not in the whole "zoom out a long way and look over things" way, but it could be adapted so that in WWIIOL you could drive the tank from the commander's position using the WASD keys and mouse. That would be a much better simulation of a tank crew working together than we currently have.

Basically, I think that the terrain in RA would be great in WWIIOL and I'm sure CRS would like to make it like that - but only if they can convince someone with very deep pockets (I've no idea how much, but have heard figures in excess of $10m thrown around) to get excited by what RA has to offer. Who knows if or when that might happen?

Only think RA as WWol2.0 on good things that would improve for you WW2ol like new weapons, New objects, Taking down trees with tank and object collisions, better water, sky, Grenade throw, Snow, Barbed wire, ingame stats and achievements...

Don't worry, WWIIOL isn't going to turn into RA.

Basically, WWIIOL will never be updated into a new game with new engine and up to date graphics just by taking money from subscribers. It has always made a loss as far as I am aware.

The RA idea started out as a totally new game that could be sold to drum up new cash and also to test new things to bring over to WWIIOL.

As time has gone on, that seems to be evolving. Perhaps it will never be a separate game. But it is still a place to showcase the new technology to potential investors and create stuff that could be brought over to WWIIOL.

Of course, not everything in RA can or will go to WWIIOL. The HUD might, but the crosshairs and 3rd person infantry view never will. The RPATs were designed in RA and ported across. I also understand that lots of host code was developed in the same way.

The third person tank thing could. Not in the whole "zoom out a long way and look over things" way, but it could be adapted so that in WWIIOL you could drive the tank from the commander's position using the WASD keys and mouse. That would be a much better simulation of a tank crew working together than we currently have.

Basically, I think that the terrain in RA would be great in WWIIOL and I'm sure CRS would like to make it like that - but only if they can convince someone with very deep pockets (I've no idea how much, but have heard figures in excess of $10m thrown around) to get excited by what RA has to offer. Who knows if or when that might happen?

umm... there is good that no 3rd view and crosshair, but if they will make better water and other graphics, i might cant run the game =(

untill they can get it very smooth compared nowadays... and graphics is OK for me... no need to update them...

only smoothness and old things like a air raid siren and HC uniforms NEEDS to get back!

for those uniforms... i think when they see them like in youtube video they get more interesed than these days... also the hand signals or instead them would be good "command speaking" or what ever it is.. like if pressing F4 it will say "cover me" or "ASSAAULT!!" or attack or hold this position, and like that

Yeah, the hand signals were cool, but they are so low on the priority list that I don't see them coming back for a long time, if at all. We won't get cool uniforms again either - too many people hated them. Especially the guys in HC who were stuck with stupid white trousers that could be seen a mile away.

As for the graphics being updated - don't worry about it being too much for your PC. This seriously is not going to happen any time soon. If anyone came along and offered the money, I guess it would take a pretty long time to make it a reality. And, creating a new engine would allow them to take advantage of newer technologies and make it more efficient.

Yeah' date=' the hand signals were cool, but they are so low on the priority list that I don't see them coming back for a long time, if at all. We won't get cool uniforms again either - too many people hated them. Especially the guys in HC who were stuck with stupid white trousers that could be seen a mile away.[/quote']

Personally I would love to have the option of wearing the officer skin. I have talked to a couple of older players who were officers and loved them. Given that it was a choice of whether or not to wear the "cool uniforms" each time you spawn in I don't see why people would complain. If they choose to wear the uniform then they are accepting any priority target issues that they encounter. But having a choice tends to make some people very happy. As we don't tend to have a lot of choices about things in the game I would count it as a plus.

Edited by Quincannon

Personally I would love to have the option of wearing the officer skin. I have talked to a couple of older players who were officers and loved them. Given that it was a choice of whether or not to wear the "cool uniforms" each time you spawn in I don't see why people would complain. If they choose to wear the uniform then they are accepting any priority target issues that they encounter. But having a choice tends to make some people very happy. As we don't tend to have a lot of choices about things in the game I would count it as a plus.

yah... uniforms would make more sense to know who is missionleader and who is the soldier... i would love that... and its justmore realistic and fun and interesting than to see some soldier who is ordering other soldier to die in there :D

They might get into it, but that will take time and of course they want money from us to get it develop. I would like to see WWIIO: Pacific, not just land battles in China, mostly in the seas and the airs.

Don't quote me on this, but I think I remember once seeing a post from someone in CRS saying that a big expansion (like the pacific) would only be an option with a new game - WWIIOL 2.0 - that would require a couple of years and something in excess of $20m to develop.

Yes you had a big bullseye painted on your head,

but it still was fun as hell.

I'd throw builder in to get HC uniforms back,but it wouldn't happen.

Yes you had a big bullseye painted on your head,

but it still was fun as hell.

I'd throw builder in to get HC uniforms back,but it wouldn't happen.

Still sad they took them out. Yeah, you were a target. But you looked damned good...

Still sad they took them out. Yeah' date=' you were a target. But you looked damned good...[/quote']

haha i know you were nice target but it were like that in real ww2 too... hope them to get in back!!

Don't quote me on this' date=' but I think I remember once seeing a post from someone in CRS saying that a big expansion (like the pacific) would only be an option with a new game - WWIIOL 2.0 - that would require a couple of years and something in excess of $20m to develop.[/quote']

$20m ROFL

In my opinion. If the terrain could be change like making a huge hole in the ground if you bomb the town. It brings more tactics in the game. Or destroys a wall, make a hole through the wall stuff like that. It dont musst look awesome but some terraforming........

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0