Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quincannon

Forum kicking/timeout

10 posts in this topic

OK folks,

I am getting extremely frustrated with the forum system.

I want to be a pasrt of the forums, but am not a twitter kind of poster. I don't text in very short messages. I write what I need to say, and do it with whatever length is necessary. Sometimes I get called away from my computer while writing. (I'm a parent)

The problem is that I don't know how long I stay logged in, but it seems like about 15 minutes or less. I write a post, go to post it, it tells me I'm not logged in and when I log in everything I wrote is just gone.

So how long DO I have to write a post and submit it, why is the system erasing my posts when I attempt to log back in, and why can't we stay logged in for at least half an hour when we log in?

This is all very frustrating, to say the least.

Thanks!

A cheap quick answer is to write your reply in word/wordpad if your replying on a pc?

Then also if you accidently delete it at least you have the undo button too!

A cheap quick answer is to write your reply in word/wordpad if your replying on a pc?

Then also if you accidently delete it at least you have the undo button too!

that's what I do.

But it's annoying to have to type the password every 30 mins without activity or less.

Never happened to me yet. I have clicked the checkbox "Remember me" when logging in though. So basically I haven't logged in in ages manually.

bb

Never happened to me yet. I have clicked the checkbox "Remember me" when logging in though. So basically I haven't logged in in ages manually.

bb

This.

Writing lengthy posts in Gmail or Google Docs then copying and pasting is even more secure, because Google autosaves your draft over the net at whatever frequency you set. Short of a national catastrophe, it's implausible that your work can be lost.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0