Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
padawan

Free2Play Players - Opinions & Experiences...

81 posts in this topic

Heya guys,

It's great to fight with/against you all regardless of player age and experience!

As you may already be aware, CRS are working hard to increase the game population and spread the word about world war 2 online into the modern day gaming community, so far so good! The population is increasing quickly and we're all having a great laugh ingame.

That being said, every new subscriber is helping out CRS (ww2ol developers) massively and so i was wanting to try and get a thread started where all you free2play accounts can post your experiences, war stories and perhaps things that you like, maybe things you're not so fond of and perhaps if you're not planning to subscribe soon, write a little bit about why and what might be stopping you making the decision.

What with all the great weapons & vehicles available on a full account aswell as the new US and RPATS which only came into the game recently, there's never been a better time to join the community fully and support this fine simulation!

So write about your experience as a new player, even if you subscribed from a free2play account write about what made you do it the most! :)

See you on the battlefield, ladies & gents! :rolleyes:

Edited by padawan

I'm a newer player, so I guess this is what you'd like to know. Naturally, it is all personal opinion. I'm going to mention another game or two in order to provide some feature comparisons. I'm not trying to promote those games. Also, this is just a collection of thoughts as they occur to me. I'm not spending a lot of time making sure my positions are well researched or thought out, so have a little compassion if I've said something flame-worthy. :)

I had tried the game a few years back. Then I played for two days, found the UI confusing, found the game controls for everything except infantry to be confusing and complicated. I didn't feel like I got any help. I floundered and quit. Still, I liked the campaign setup.

I eventually landed on World of Tanks and played it extensively. I like it's user interface and playability. I especially like not having a monthly fee, as I can put that game down, or be interrupted by real life, and return to it without having to worry about wasting money on a monthly subscription that I'm not using. I do pay them money to buy extra features like extra garage space, special vehicles, and camoflage, but I don't buy their features that have a "time" component to it, like "premium membership." Where World of Tanks is unappealing to me is (1) it's "campaign" game called Clan Wars, (2) there are lots of "prototype" tanks running around, and (3) it is only tanks, not combined arms.

Back to WWII Online. -- Recently I got email announcing free to play. That seemed like a decent opportunity to try out the game again. I was immediately confused/frustrated in that my previous account didn't have the free to play option. I ended up creating a new account.

I started play, which promised that I would be put into a squad where people would help me. I think I was placed into 3CD, or something like that. Nobody showed up in game to help, but somewhere I saw the TeamSpeak IP and credentials, so I installed TS and connected. I assumed that was the 3CD TS, but eventually figured out it was for all of the Allies. Still, nobody from 3CD showed up to help me. Luckily, somebody else (Bulldawg/506th) was curious enough to join the lobby channel and ask about me. Bulldawg provided all sorts of help and basically is the reason I didn't uninstall the game and move on.

It only took 2 days to become frustrated with free to play. Only a Rifle soldier was available to me and I wanted to try other types. I earned points fast while defending, and I was ready for other units after a few hours of play. Plus, supply of Rifle soldiers dries up quickly in certain circumstances, meaning a free to play person can end up just being a spectator.

I moved on to the $9.99 plan. I blew through the ranks quickly and had access to all of the infantry units in about two weeks. Working with veteran players, I learned about missions, maps, etc. It was all very interesting.

In terms of units, I find infantry to be the most fun. All of the vehicles that have crews (tanks, boats, some planes) might be best if they actually required a crew to operate them. The vehicle user interfaces aren't very compelling. All I can do with an airplane without having to go through flight school is take off and crash. I don't see the game necessity to making a person figure out how to fly a real plane. On a boat, I don't understand why I need to be one person pretending to be a crew of eight. A boat should act like a boat without me having to hot-seat each chair -OR- maybe it should really take eight people to run it.

I'm often puzzled as to how I can setup myself up to over-watch a door, or a road, and yet somebody still manages to enter that area and shoot me before I even see them. I have a good internet connection and don't notice any lag. I'm a middle-aged player and I know younger folks have faster reflexes, but I'm still decently quick. They're not beating me to the draw. They're doing major things.

I often wish I could pan my view back a little bit so I could see how I fit into the terrain around me. My real-life position awareness is good enough to know my feet aren't sticking out of a bush, or a wall.

I'm puzzled as to how people move through bushes, or at least move through them at an unhindered run, without making lots of noise.

Now I'm wrestling with if/how I will continue to play. The honeymoon is over and I need sustained satisfaction -OR- the ability to come and go as I please without having to worry about a monthly subscription being a constant tax on my credit card. Knowing no game has ever provided endless sustained satisfaction, my preference is to not have a monthly subscription. Mind you, I don't mind paying money. I just hate paying for something I'm not using.

Free to Play is too limited. While I like Rifle and Sniper -- I play them the most -- there are times I want the other types.

The subscription means I will feel like I'm wasting money because I will want to take breaks and play other games, or there will be times when real life prevents me from playing.

I'd like a way to pay for access other than by time. For instance, could I free to play, and then pay a fixed fee to unlock more features. Like $10 to unlock the SMG, $10 to unlock the Sniper? Or maybe unlock the Americans. Or maybe unlock tanks? Or, I don't know.

Basically, if you make it easy for me to come and go, I'll probably keep coming back and spending some money. But a monthly subscription feels like a commitment, and if I don't think I can, I won't.

If I could make my "perfect game", I think I'd love to see CRS team up with the World of Tanks folks. I think CRS does campaigns really well, does combined arms, has compelling PvP, and I like their desire to be historically accurate. I think WoT does game interfaces better, does better in things like "special weekends" and player base motivation, works to appeal to players around the world, and handles billing/payment better. Basically I see each as being strong where the other is weak.

Anyways, you asked. There's some feedback. Like I said above, it may not all be logical and it is just my opinion. It's neither right nor wrong.

Oh, and thanks to the folks in the 506th and Sealed Fate for showing me the game. S! Because of them, I've played WWII Online.

Oh, one other note. I like the idea of the builder's program, but I'd like to be able to sponsor certain features. So if there were a "kickstart" project for a feature I really wanted, I could see paying for that. But I can't see just throwing extra money at unspecified development.

Good write up, very honest.

Wish it was easier for new players to learn the system w/o help.

I think everyone needs someone to show them the ropes.

Getting back to the monthly sub, if you're willing to pay $$$ to unlock certain units, why are you against paying a fixed monthly fee.

In all honesty i don't think $10 a month is a lot of money.

Can't you unsub and resub when you want, by month?

Just asking, dont want to insult anyone...

$10 / month isn't much, but it can be a nuisance knowing you keep paying for something you have no time to use etc, just in case because it's recurring.

The problem is, once F2P players start paying, they can't go back to F2P and have to start a new account if they can't / won't pay for some reason or another (vacation, no hardware, unemployed, planning on being dead, mother-in-law stays for 6 months..pick the worse one of the latter 2...) and thats a hassle basically.

The "Fixed Fee" of $10, one-time payment, to unlock one item for F2P sounds like a nice idea, and it is, but it'd be more convenient and probably easier to implement to just have Premium Subs go back to F2P Status once they're not paid, with the limitations as they are now and premium, all-access for 30 Days for $10 with a checkbox "Recurring - Yes/No?"

Yeah, but you pay $10 and unlock the SMG.

You spawn in and theres no SMG's in the spawnlist...

scooby_doo_2.jpg

You now want to use the LMG and pay another $10.

You then decide that the LMG you just paid for isnt what you expected and you feel like a fool because you just wasted another $10.

Now your pissed and want your money back feeling you got jipped.

You feel me?

I know different people have different financial situations.

You go to the store and buy a hero and you pay over $6.

A cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee is $2

A couple a slices of pizza is $5

Try to go out to a bar one night and not spend more than $20.

If you like the game and believe in it it's worth it.

I just don't think that $10 a month is a lot of money to pay for a game as addicting as this can become.

Look at it as an investment.

You take a few months off, play something else and maybe the game you come back to will be twice as good.

Again, just my 2 cents and I don't claim to be right;)

Edited by Pittpete

Thats what im saying, instead of "Micro-Transactions" for certain Items in the spawnlist, just have F2P go to Premium, full-access for $10/month, then back to F2P in next month if you dont need it. Make it an Option for Recurring Billing or no..same deal, less hassle, full access, no new-account hassle just because you wanna check in etc...

Edited by gsc

I think Zee24's write up is pretty useful.

I know that the account system is hampered by the fact it was designed 11 years ago when there was only one kind of subscription. So you can't go from premium to F2P and back again, which sucks. The problem is, re-writing the accounts and billing system is just not a priority when there is so much work to be done on the game itself.

However, I would suggest that more research needs to be done: how many people are hacked off with being unable to switch back and forth? Would having that ability actually increase player numbers and subs? Same goes for micro transactions - the argument is that players will stop the monthly subs and just use micro transactions to unlock what they want on F2P. Or just buy the few days a month of premium time they want rather than a monthly sub. But we can't know what effect that would have without lots of research or a trial. Maybe a huge number of people who have never paid a penny and given up on the game would drop a few dollars a month if micro transactions were available? Maybe that would outweigh those who would switch from subs to micro transactions.

If Zee24 is representative of the new players trying the game out, then it's worth devoting some dev time to it. I guess a comprehensive player survey might help to answer the question.

The lack of help available to new players has been a bugbear of mine for years. Again, it's a huge amount of work to develop a new UI, but it's another thing that needs to be done, with useful tooltips and built in instructional videos so that new players understand the ridiculously complicated system of finding battles.

The problem is, I get the feeling none of this can be addressed until CRS starts making money and lands some big investors. So we have to rely on attracting more players with what we have and depending on their goodwill to stick around and play through the bugs and shortcomings because they believe the overall concept is good. Maybe that's too much to ask?

As to the specific questions:

Why do people run in and kill you before you see them? Because everyone is playing on the same server in Texas. So you might have tiny lag, but if your opponent is on the other side of the world, his lag factors in too. Unfortunately, we just have to live with it. I imagine the predictor code will be updated again one day, I certainly remember it being worse than this a few years ago.

Bushes are too easy to run through, and amusingly silent. Again, that's a hangover from being an 11 year old game. It's just something that you have to learn to ignore and treat as a feature to make up for the lack of folds in the ground and long grass to hide in.

Hello everyone!

I believe i subscribed in the last 2 weeks but haven't played much due to my university finals.

For the couple of days that i had time to play , I really tried to learn the game and was patient with it. I didn't find it complicated. I only started using the basic keys for example: WSAD and mouse to shoot. Then by pressing M, i went to the key mapper and started looking at each key and what it does.

After mastering the soldier keys, i tried to find out how to change squads so that i can start killing enemies. While in deployment mode, i started to look at the other sections for example: Vehicles, AA&AT, Trucks etc. With the free account, i think i had access to a tank but since there was always 1 tank in Supplies, I always told myself that i'll leave it to a more experienced player.

So i jumped in the AT section and took an AA to try. Again, same tactic. i pressed M and went to keymapper. I checked the keys quickly and took what was needed. Deploy AA, press .(Del) to aim and 0(Ins) to normal view. Press 1-2 to switch positions. Bingo!I actually got to shoot down an RAF plane!

Now where is the guy with white paint so that he can paint a ring around the canon of the AA :D

As you can see, i started small and went bigger every time i mastered something.

At the end, i went through the Tutorial lool. There wasn't much to learn except the details for example: Truck can resupply or K98 has a range higher than 200m. I also had fun learning to drive the tank and pilot the ME-109.

Now, i can shoot correctly, drive a tank, control AA. I still have problems with piloting an airplane. For the Planes, I use a keyboard and the mouse to shoot. I don't know if it's best to have a controller or a joystick for this.

---To sum it up---

I actually enjoyed the game even though i only played it for a couple of days in those 2 weeks. The only downside is that sometimes, you have to run 10-15 minutes to get to the action.

Other than that, Graphics is not a priority on my side. I consider it as a PLUS. What counts is the depth of the game play and this game has a good one. It's fun and that's what counts!I still play Xcom Ufo Defense to this day because the game play is unique.

Overall, I enjoy the game. I subscribed with the 9..99 plan that was on special :)

You guys have also a YES for Steam Greenlight. Best of luck! This game has potential.

I'll see you on the battlefield!

Good write up, very honest.

Wish it was easier for new players to learn the system w/o help.

I think everyone needs someone to show them the ropes.

Getting back to the monthly sub, if you're willing to pay $$$ to unlock certain units, why are you against paying a fixed monthly fee.

In all honesty i don't think $10 a month is a lot of money.

Can't you unsub and resub when you want, by month?

Just asking, dont want to insult anyone...

It's a good question that I wrestle with all the time. For some reason, it just feels wrong to have a monthly subscription and not use it. It's not necessarily rational. But paying a one-time fee to unlock something forever feels better, to me. In the World of Tanks case, for instance, I know I can always return, at any time, for any duration, and pickup where I left off. But that's because I only buy their non-time based products. I don't buy their premium membership, for instance, which lasts for X days depending on how much you pay.

Turning on and off a subscription is kind of okay, but I have to turn it on and off a month at a time. I might turn it on thinking I'm going to play a lot over that month, but not actually get to it.

Also, from a "use the web site" perspective, sure a $10 a month fee is easier than a $20 a month fee. And, as I have discovered, once I closed my $10 a month plan, I cannot go back to it. The lowest monthly plan is $18.

The "Fixed Fee" of $10' date=' one-time payment, to unlock one item for F2P sounds like a nice idea, and it is, but it'd be more convenient and probably easier to implement to just have Premium Subs go back to F2P Status once they're not paid, with the limitations as they are now and premium, all-access for 30 Days for $10 with a checkbox "Recurring - Yes/No?"[/quote']

That would probably work. At a $10 level, picking month-by-month is easier. At an $18 level, it's harder to make that call. And, having to create a new account just for F2P is weird.

Yeah, but you pay $10 and unlock the SMG.

You spawn in and theres no SMG's in the spawnlist...

You now want to use the LMG and pay another $10.

You then decide that the LMG you just paid for isnt what you expected and you feel like a fool because you just wasted another $10.

Now your pissed and want your money back feeling you got jipped.

You feel me?

Yep, that makes sense too. I was just hastily throwing out stuff as feedback, and you make good points.

Oh' date=' one other note. I like the idea of the builder's program, but I'd like to be able to sponsor certain features. So if there were a "kickstart" project for a feature I really wanted, I could see paying for that. But I can't see just throwing extra money at unspecified development.[/quote']

would you like to get back the old nice officer models for HC and mission leader?

or emotions for infantry? or air raid siren? many of us wants them all back...

u can ask CRS would they remake if you "sponsor" them at it :)

you would be my hero! i have been all times wanting them back since got 1.33 or what it was when they lost them...

Yep' date=' that makes sense too. I was just hastily throwing out stuff as feedback, and you make good points.[/quote']

WTF? there is all what you want! if you pay 10$ you will get some stuff... if you pay 17.99$ u will get all the stuff in game... and join HC even more stuff...

micro-Transactions would in my opinion, bring in many more players, especially people who cannot afford a subscription. I really hope they add micro-transactions.

would you like to get back the old nice officer models for HC and mission leader?

or emotions for infantry? or air raid siren? many of us wants them all back...

u can ask CRS would they remake if you "sponsor" them at it :)

you would be my hero! i have been all times wanting them back since got 1.33 or what it was when they lost them...

You are not alone, Tom. I would love to see the Officer uniforms come back. I know the reasons they went away, but from what I have heard, a number of players who are still in the game want them back. Maybe those who didn't like them are gone? It would be nice to have the choice.

I would also dearly love to have the ability to salute someone who deserves it.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Edited by Quincannon

I spent $9 on a sandwich for lunch yesterday.

I cant play much during the week either. But this map? The Sundays alone more then make the $9 worth it. Any map but this one in particular has been great. I guess its all individual tho. If I never, ever was able to play I probably wouldnt keep my sub.

Tho nor could I ever go back to the FTP weapons package. I like the advanced weapons to much.

Was having the thought of how to encourage the players who have had the 2 weeks free trial run out and then join the free to play account. When my main account was down and i was waiting for support to get it back up i had to use my second account and found it to be very very limited, now i can understand why but i cant understand why the free account does not have the option to go a bomber (as we need more to bomb) or join a vehicle with someone else at the controls.

I say 2 weeks is not enough time to fully expierience our great game and free accounts should have more opportunity to experience the game as a free account limited yes but not as much as it is, i tell you it is soul destroying playing as a freebie.

Was having the thought of how to encourage the players who have had the 2 weeks free trial run out and then join the free to play account. When my main account was down and i was waiting for support to get it back up i had to use my second account and found it to be very very limited, now i can understand why but i cant understand why the free account does not have the option to go a bomber (as we need more to bomb) or join a vehicle with someone else at the controls.

I say 2 weeks is not enough time to fully expierience our great game and free accounts should have more opportunity to experience the game as a free account limited yes but not as much as it is, i tell you it is soul destroying playing as a freebie.

Multicrew works with F2P done it many times.

Afaik f2p can atleast fly blenheim 4 bombers. Not sure about what is available a s Axis though. Regarding more toys to be available....well fine line there...still need an strong incentive for players to sub. They have tweaked it allready...like giving F2P the right to spawn as a Para-rifle.

Greetings from Finland!

Before the F2P I played the game occasionally by using trial accounts. Trial accounts were a great deal of fun as I were able to level up, use tanks, dig foxholes, create new missions and do pretty much everything. I participated in huge bombing raids etc. Those were good times. :)

Now I have a sad story to tell from our last LAN-party.

I seduced 10 of my friends to try out the game. I told them that WW2 Online is like Battlefield, but 1000 times bigger. They were all of course very excited. I also made few accounts for everybody at the LAN-party to use to make things easier for everybody new trying out the game(now the accounts are banned for a no apparent reason). We played for 2 hours and none of my 10 friends are NEVER going to play this game again, NEVER.

In the first, the interface was very confusing. It took a very long time to get everybody in the same place and actually be together, and the lack of private chat and friend list(friend list is a MUST in every multiplayer game in order to be successfull...) made it even worse. I tried to find a good place to find action, but it seemed impossible(there was no-one on our DO and there was no MS in our AO). The game world was simply dead at that time(17:00 Finland's time). Only option for us was to walk from our FB to our AO. It took about 15 minutes. After we were few hunder meters away from our target, the AO was put off, so we ran off there for nothing. After that we all despawned and ran to the new AO. Again 15 minutes simply walking. And then all of our squad was killed by NPC machine gunner. After that people from our LAN-party started to quit the game 1-by-1 to play other games.

After few hours of walking, waiting, finding our friends and dying without seeing a single enemy player we all gave up for good. And none of those people wont probably play this game ever again. It wasnt fun. We could not do anything useful(and a force of 10 people is pretty much in a game like this as there are not that much players).

And of course I have improvement suggestions and tips HOW TO MAKE MONEY:

- Make WW2 Online a Free-to-play game

For now WW2 Online is not a F2P game. It not even a Pay-2-Win game. It is still subscription based game, F2P is only a trial. World of Tanks is a F2P game. Planetside 2 is a F2P game. Team Fortress 2 is a F2P game. World of Warcraft is NOT a F2P(free download, play as much as you want, level cap at 15).

History has shown that TRUE F2P games make a hell of a lot more money than subscription based. When an old MMO has turned into a F2P, profit of the game has grown usually up to 500%. Look at for example Archlord, LOTRO, Age of Conan, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Global Agenda, Tera Online, Champions Online, Ryzom... The list of the game that have changed into a TRUE F2P games is endless. WW2 Online will just simply die, if it tries to stick with it's obsolete business model. F2P is the word, and WW2 Online is not a F2P game. There is only a demo which you can play forever, and this kind of business model become obsolete 10 years ago in MMO games.

And CRS should remember that F2P players are as important as are the paying customers. Withour players, this game is nothing. With a huge number of players this game is awesome. You should think F2P players as a resource instead of a leechers. F2P players are like free, super intelligent NPC players that keep the world alive and improve the game! And the best thing in F2P players are that they are completely free! I cant stress this enough that F2P players are a resource that makes this game a worth playing.

After everyone is having fun comes in the microtransactions. I have not thought this trought yet as i'm not a game dev in CRS(thought I would love to and it would be awesome if they hired me), but I think that there should be similar things that there are in World of Tanks and Planetside 2(way much faster XP gain, special weapons and items[just like in World of Tanks, premium tanks in WoT are not any better, they are just special], avatars, titles, faster respawn time etc.) There should be also a new ingame currencies in game, just like in WoT

- Fix account registering

I have approximately 20 accounts for this game, and only like 3 of them works.

- Dont ban new players for no apparent reason

I still dont know why the accounts I told earlier are banned.

- Make the game interface easier for new players to understand

- Add proper communications methods

Friendlist, private chat etc. It is frustrating to help your friends through terrible UI without proper communications possibilities.

- Make it F2P

It is not playble with F2P account for now... It is impossible to dig even foxhole, which is ridiculous! Possibility to drive truck, making squads, making own missions etc. would do things much more easier for new players. For example our bad experiences about this game would have been totally different. We would have been able to take a truck and do a mobile spawn for ourselves and start at least capturing the enemy city. It would have been way more and we would have been actually doing something usually as well. And of course if this game would be really a F2P there would have been ****loads of enemy and allies to interact with.

- Make it easier to find exciting battles and get into the frontlines

How about AI paradrops? Or motorcycles and jeeps, which you would be actually able to leave. Would make much more sense to take a jeep with 4 of your closest friend and drive to the frontlines, leave the jeep and start capturing! Just asking. :P

- Make it F2P

So in short how to improve this game:

1. Think F2P players as resource. They will give you ****loads of money in one way or another, if you treat them well enough in the first place and there are verstalie and creative ways to spend money(look examples from other F2P games).

2. Fix everything not related to the game mechanics itself(registeration, communications, chat, playing with friends, user interface etc.)

And 1 last word: You guys should try kickstarter(for example "We are going to make World War II Online Battleground Europe 2 if we get 2 million dollars. If you pledge 50$, you will get premium account to original game for the rest of your life and something else awesome bla bla bla if you pledge 1000$ your name will be in credits bla bla bla."

I'm pretty sure that you guys could easily get at least 1 million $ with crowdfunding if done properly. I mean Star Citizen got 8 million $ with few CGI videos, you should try the same!

And i'm really really sorry if this post is in a someway or another inapproriate, i'm just very tired because it is 4 am. I hope someone replies to this post so that we can talk about these things I just wrote. :D

Pompeius , I also believe in these "new" business models based on F2P and community cooperation. But it has to be something real, that has the ability to make real money.

Your proposal is to make money in micro transitions right ? But just micro transitions that wont make this game a play to win. Is this it ?

Well, I don't think that would work. As you probably know, players in this game don't care much about pretty graphics so I assume that this would not generate enough money.

I completely agree with you that UI should be better. And we do get some new toys now and then, when the small dev team can do them.

We do have friends lists and private messages (not user friendly, I agree).

Your accounts are probably not banned - its just a bug in the forums (that should indeed be fixed).

kickstarted has been tried (60k if I rebember right) and failed. Other options have been tried to make money with different levels of success - One thing we cant accuse rats of if of not trying to get money from players :D

And Pompeius, if you can, let me give you 2 advices:

1- Join a squad. You will learn A LOT and all that happen on that lan party could have been avoided.

2- subscribe for at least a month. There is lots of info on the "paying" part of the forum. And the toys are also worth it.

saintj - saintj2 - ovelha

pompeius

Micro Transactions=Pay2win.

I hate the idea.

Currently a Recruit can kill a 12 year Vet. (day 1 player). That is what makes this game unique imo. As stated above join a squad so you will get to the action and learn the game quicker.

Dont mean to sound cruel but you couldnt sub for 1 month?

Think of all the action you may have been able to create/generate if you had a truck,set up a FRU for them.

Honestly, I don't believe you walked to 2 different AO's..

Your proposal is to make money in micro transitions right ? But just micro transitions that wont make this game a play to win. Is this it ?

Well, I don't think that would work. As you probably know, players in this game don't care much about pretty graphics so I assume that this would not generate enough money.

Yes, MT which wont make this game Pay-2-Win. And there are lots of ways to make it work wihtout making the game P2W, just look at Plantetside 2, World of Tanks, World of Warplanes, War Thunder, Star Conflict etc etc. In those games microtransactions just make life hell of a lot easier, but F2P players are still able to achieve the same things as paying customers, but it just takes a lot of time.

Some examples what kind of microtransactions there could be maybe:

- Unlock certain weapons, such as LMG etc.

- Instant respawn(for F2P accounts there could be like 15 minute wait time after death expect for rifleman, there should be always be the opportunity to spawn as a rifleman straight away)

- Faster XP gain(For F2P accounts XP gain would be SUPER slow, but it would still be possible to earn yourself a Tiger tank if you just grind for few years)

- Skins, titles and that kind of things(the builder thing is good example of this!)

- Some sort of accessories and ways to customize the look of your character(Veteran players might not appreciate this kind of things, but trust me, a modern day gamer is ready to pay for this kind of things if the price is right)

- Premium items and weapons, for example a very rare model of a Panzer IV. It would not be any better than than other tanks, but little bit different, unique, and sometimes the only tank that there is in the stock, so people would be paying money for this kind of things like nuts. :D

- Silver and Gold accounts(10$ and 18$ dollar subscriptions that already exist)

I completely agree with you that UI should be better. And we do get some new toys now and then, when the small dev team can do them.
Yeah, and it is ridicilious that max password lenght is like 8 characters, too short... UI and account registeration and all that kind of things should be done completely again. I think that the devs and Veteran players does not even realize how diffucult the UI is because they have been using it so long that they have become blind how bad it is.

And those new toys you mentioned, I think those new toys could be those premium items I mentioned earlier, which could cost like 5$ - 20$ each. That way the devs could get a steady flow of cash as long as they make new content for the game. This is how all the other games work nowadays.

We do have friends lists and private messages (not user friendly, I agree).
I tried to ask on how to send private messages in Help Channel many times but nobody answered, and I still dont know how to do it... And if you mean by friend lists squads, F2P accounts cant make squads.... And by that time I we were playing there was only 1 Spanish squad recruiting.
2- subscribe for at least a month. There is lots of info on the "paying" part of the forum. And the toys are also worth it.
And no, i'm not going to pay for even a single month. There are way more better F2P games nowadays, this game is not competent enough to match up with other modern day F2P games.
pompeius

Micro Transactions=Pay2win.

I hate the idea.

Currently a Recruit can kill a 12 year Vet. (day 1 player). That is what makes this game unique imo. As stated above join a squad so you will get to the action and learn the game quicker.

If now a recruit can kill a 12 year Vet, how would the situation change with micro transactions? Please, tell me! With micro transactions a recruit would have the same opportunities as now and even more............
Dont mean to sound cruel but you couldnt sub for 1 month?
No, I could not. Of course it is hard to believe for you because you are a Builder and stuff, but I just simply could not.
Honestly, I don't believe you walked to 2 different AO's..
Me neither, but we did. And that was so traumatising for newbies that they are not going to play this game ever again. This kind of situations should be fixed or this game will slowly die.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0