Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
padawan

Free2Play Players - Opinions & Experiences...

81 posts in this topic

(...)

Some examples what kind of microtransactions there could be maybe:

- Unlock certain weapons, such as LMG etc.

- Instant respawn(for F2P accounts there could be like 15 minute wait time after death expect for rifleman, there should be always be the opportunity to spawn as a rifleman straight away)

- Faster XP gain(For F2P accounts XP gain would be SUPER slow, but it would still be possible to earn yourself a Tiger tank if you just grind for few years)

(...)

This is the exact definition of pay-2-win . And IMHO pay-2-win games might generate some fast money, but wont last 12 years.

And no, i'm not going to pay for even a single month. There are way more better F2P games nowadays, this game is not competent enough to match up with other modern day F2P games.

(...)

No, I could not. Of course it is hard to believe for you because you are a Builder and stuff, but I just simply could not.

(...)

If you cant, its all good. You can still join a squad and have fun.

If you wont because there are better F2P out there, well ... just go and play them. Just don't trash this game just because you cant play with all the toys for free ... its just not nice.

saintj - saintj2 - ovelha

This is the exact definition of pay-2-win . And IMHO pay-2-win games might generate some fast money, but wont last 12 years.

If you cant, its all good. You can still join a squad and have fun.

If you wont because there are better F2P out there, well ... just go and play them. Just don't trash this game just because you cant play with all the toys for free ... its just not nice.

saintj - saintj2 - ovelha

So you are saying that WoT is a P2W? Have you ever played WoT? I dont think so.

And i'm pointing out that having fun in this game is ver diffucult, which is bad as CRS is struggling financially(I dont know if they are but I think they are as there has not been many updates). If having fun in this game would be little bit easier for new players, old players would also have much more fun because of the increased number of players and the devs would have much more money to develop new patches.

And how do you know that pay-2-win games wont last 12 years? You dont... World of Tanks have made 10 times more money than WW2 Online in 13 years, so think about that... And of course I have no idea about CRS financial situation but I dont think it will last another 12 years if they are not following the development of gaming industry. Their business model is still from lasd decade.

And i'm not trashing the game, I LOVE THIS GAME. I'm just trying to help in making other people realize that fact too. I'm sorry that I sound like a total douchebag but I feel so sorry for my friends who never got into the game and never will. Thats why I'm trying strongly point out my view with negative attitude so that my voice is heard and changes are made! If you know what I mean. :P

The game as it is right now, is based on Brigade based supply.

Each Brigade has a certain amount of each unit.

Once it's destroyed it's gone from the list until it get's resupplied on a timer.

Micro transactions would not work on this level.

Towns are usually taken because supply was attritted.

The whole system would have to be rewritten to even think about micro transactions.

In WOT, what is the games main objective?

The game as it is right now, is based on Brigade based supply.

Each Brigade has a certain amount of each unit.

Once it's destroyed it's gone from the list until it get's resupplied on a timer.

Micro transactions would not work on this level.

Towns are usually taken because supply was attritted.

The whole system would have to be rewritten to even think about micro transactions.

In WOT, what is the games main objective?

Main objective in WoT is to Capture the enemy base or eliminate enemy team. Why you ask?

And you are not thinking creatively on microtransactions... Nothing needs to be changed in the unit supply of the game. With MT you could for example buy the ability to use LMG. If there are no LMG then you just have to wait. What is the problem? You pay 10$ per one month and it is not quaranteed that all of the units are available at all times and nobody complains...

kickstarted has been tried (60k if I rebember right) and failed. Other options have been tried to make money with different levels of success - One thing we cant accuse rats of if of not trying to get money from players :D
I found it on Kickstarter, and they got 40k from it. And it is easy to see why they failed: They were not trying to fund WW2 Online, the most epic game ever. They were trying to fund just another WW2 shooter with 32 vs. 32 battles, which is of course lame.

Main objective in WoT is to Capture the enemy base or eliminate enemy team. Why you ask?

And you are not thinking creatively on microtransactions... Nothing needs to be changed in the unit supply of the game. With MT you could for example buy the ability to use LMG. If there are no LMG then you just have to wait. What is the problem? You pay 10$ per one month and it is not quaranteed that all of the units are available at all times and nobody complains...

And when LMGs are attritted players will be complaining that they paid for an LMG and they can't use it.

I never played WOT so I was asking what the objectives were.

What do microtranscations on average cost in WOT?\

What do you get?

And when LMGs are attritted players will be complaining that they paid for an LMG and they can't use it.

I never played WOT so I was asking what the objectives were.

What do microtranscations on average cost in WOT?\

What do you get?

Why would they complain? If they will be able to use the lmg as soon as they are available. You are paying 30$/month and you dont complain when the Germans have ran out of Panzers and are not available to you. I would happily pay 20$ to unlock lmg. :P

Well in World of Tanks premium account for 1 month cost something like 10€(attention, euros!) which will give you experience and money boost in game. With experience and money you will gain access to bigger tanks, buy ammunition and repair tanks. And bigger the tank, bigger the repair cost, so F2P players need to make money with lower tier tanks in order to be able to repair their bigger tanks. If a system like that would be implemented in WW2 Online, F2P players would have to play alot of as a rifleman and be succesfull in order to try out with higher tier toys. And this would not make the game P2W, paying customers would be just able to use whatever gear whenever they please(as long as they are in stock of course) and F2P players could try out the bigger weapons occasionally when they have grinded enough money.

Premium tanks(special, rare, interesting prototype tanks, ego boost, not any better than other tanks) can cost from 15€ to 50€, depending on how awesome the tanks is. WoT team is constantly adding new premium tanks to the game to ensure the steady flow of cash(and it seems working as they just bought a smaller game company with 45$ million dollars to develop games for them and wargaming team has 1400 workers). This would be easily implemented in WW2 ol, just make some interesting premium weapons which need to be unlocked seperately, just like in WoT. I would go nuts if there would be possibility to unlock Finnish rifleman soldier with molotov's coctails! I would be more than happy to pay for a thing like that 20$!

Then there are also consumables like repair kits and premium ammunition etc. Repaic kits cost like 20 cents per each and ammunition like 0,003 cents per each.

Then there is just simply the possibility to buy game money and experience to gain instant access(actually it is not instant, but speeds up the process a lot) to the high end tanks.

And btw. in Planetside 2 F2P accounts can make field spawners and be squad leaders and so on, but they need to be unlocked first by playing or paying. This kind of system should be implemented in WW2 ol too. I find it very frustrating that I'm not able to make my own missions. There way too often situations where there is no FRU in the only AO.

So in short to your question about world of tanks:

50€ - 10€: Lifetime access to a premium tank.

10€/month: Premium account(faster level gain, more money to repair tanks)

0,20€: Repair kits to repair your tank on field(single use).

0,0003€: Premium ammunition(can be bought without real money also, but expensive)

There are also a endless amount of little details how to use money in WoT, like bying garage slots(1€) but Premium items and accounts are the most important.

CRS should at least gradually try out how microtransactions would work in WW2 Online. For example doing different nations as a unlockable feature. I'm pretty sure people would be spending hell of a lot money in things like Finnish soldiers with molotov's coctails or Italian volunteers or Canadian commandos with swords in their smgs like this: beach_commando.gif

They should at least try. I'm sure it would be an instant success, which would help them to fund development of this game. :)

(...) I'm sorry that I sound like a total douchebag but I feel so sorry for my friends who never got into the game and never will. Thats why I'm trying strongly point out my view with negative attitude so that my voice is heard and changes are made! (...)

And you believe that if you scream negativity high enough, CRS will just do all you want ? Good luck with that ;)

You are wrong and I am out of this thread because you are either just trolling or don't want to listen to what others are telling you.

And you believe that if you scream negativity high enough, CRS will just do all you want ? Good luck with that ;)

You are wrong and I am out of this thread because you are either just trolling or don't want to listen to what others are telling you.

If i'm wrong please point out where i'm wrong and why? At this point nobody has not sayd any valid arguments why microtransactions would not work in WW2 Online.

They don't have anyone to be able to do the work associated with adding microtransactions at the moment, so there's your answer.

1 Euro equals

1.30 US Dollar

So 10 Euros = $13.00

Still cheaper for a basic account in WWIIOnline.

They don't have anyone to be able to do the work associated with adding microtransactions at the moment, so there's your answer.

1 Euro equals

1.30 US Dollar

So 10 Euros = $13.00

Still cheaper for a basic account in WWIIOnline.

Yeah that is the only problem, which makes me little sad. :s

As I have been throwing out these ideas and you have been giving me feedback about my ideas I have been starting to see the big picture how things are going in this game.

But yeah, I have an idea what CRS should at least try: Kickstarter project on adding something new in the game.

Skullgirls development team was able to raise almost 300 000$ in 5 days to make one new CHARACTER IN A 2D FIGHTING GAME!

Here is the link for Skullgirls Kickstarter page: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/333003

If CRS would have the time to make a Kickstarter page where they ask for example 200 000$(I have no idea how much game development cost money) to make a new Panzer, Infantry class of whatever they please, i'm pretty sure they would get it funded right away. Skullgirls Kickstarter is a clear example that it is possible. It just takes a little creativity and business skills.

Edited by pompeius

We've suggested this to CRS and DOC said it isn't a viable option.

I don't understand why they don't do this either.

We've suggested this to CRS and DOC said it isn't a viable option.

I don't understand why they don't do this either.

And he did not say why? That is really weird...

So you are saying that WoT is a P2W? Have you ever played WoT? I dont think so.

One thing about Pay2win, if you pay, it gives you a game-changing advantage over your opponent.

Just like premium ammunition. Just like auto 100% crew experience on premium vehicles. WoT is P2W.

In comparison, this game you can grab a rifle and shoot any 12 year veteran you see right off the bat. He won't have a better rifle that can hit you from further away. You'll be able to see him at the exact same time he sees you. Your guns will reload at a historical pace, unchanged by any other statistic.

And he did not say why? That is really weird...

Probably because they don't want to get drawn into the trap of requiring money from players through a medium like kickstarter to make changes to the game. Who's going to donate to a minor server fix? Lets compare that to who will donate to a new tier of tanks. The server fix might allow the game to run, but the tanks are something physical.

Edited by COMPANY0

One thing about Pay2win, if you pay, it gives you a game-changing advantage over your opponent.

Just like premium ammunition. Just like auto 100% crew experience on premium vehicles. WoT is P2W.

In comparison, this game you can grab a rifle and shoot any 12 year veteran you see right off the bat. He won't have a better rifle that can hit you from further away. You'll be able to see him at the exact same time he sees you. Your guns will reload at a historical pace, unchanged by any other statistic.

Probably because they don't want to get drawn into the trap of requiring money from players through a medium like kickstarter to make changes to the game. Who's going to donate to a minor server fix? Lets compare that to who will donate to a new tier of tanks. The server fix might allow the game to run, but the tanks are something physical.

WoT is not a P2W game, because everything can be achieved just by playing. Nothing wont stop F2P players from taking out Tier 10 tank with full upgrades loaded with Premium ammunition, everything can be unlocked by playing and there are no advantages for players who have used real money in game! Using money in WoT only saves some time...

If WoT is P2W, then so is WW2 Online as well, because subscribers get their hands in better equipment. Get it? :cool:

And they should make a kickstarter project for WW2 Online, no matter if it would be a minor server fix or adding Eastern Front to the game, crowdfunding has shown to be really unpredictable!

Greetings from Finland!

Before the F2P I played the game occasionally by using trial accounts. Trial accounts were a great deal of fun as I were able to level up, use tanks, dig foxholes, create new missions and do pretty much everything. I participated in huge bombing raids etc. Those were good times. :)

Now I have a sad story to tell from our last LAN-party.

I seduced 10 of my friends to try out the game. I told them that WW2 Online is like Battlefield, but 1000 times bigger. They were all of course very excited. I also made few accounts for everybody at the LAN-party to use to make things easier for everybody new trying out the game(now the accounts are banned for a no apparent reason). We played for 2 hours and none of my 10 friends are NEVER going to play this game again, NEVER.

In the first, the interface was very confusing. It took a very long time to get everybody in the same place and actually be together, and the lack of private chat and friend list(friend list is a MUST in every multiplayer game in order to be successfull...) made it even worse. I tried to find a good place to find action, but it seemed impossible(there was no-one on our DO and there was no MS in our AO). The game world was simply dead at that time(17:00 Finland's time). Only option for us was to walk from our FB to our AO. It took about 15 minutes. After we were few hunder meters away from our target, the AO was put off, so we ran off there for nothing. After that we all despawned and ran to the new AO. Again 15 minutes simply walking. And then all of our squad was killed by NPC machine gunner. After that people from our LAN-party started to quit the game 1-by-1 to play other games.

After few hours of walking, waiting, finding our friends and dying without seeing a single enemy player we all gave up for good. And none of those people wont probably play this game ever again. It wasnt fun. We could not do anything useful(and a force of 10 people is pretty much in a game like this as there are not that much players).

And of course I have improvement suggestions and tips HOW TO MAKE MONEY:

- Make WW2 Online a Free-to-play game

For now WW2 Online is not a F2P game. It not even a Pay-2-Win game. It is still subscription based game, F2P is only a trial. World of Tanks is a F2P game. Planetside 2 is a F2P game. Team Fortress 2 is a F2P game. World of Warcraft is NOT a F2P(free download, play as much as you want, level cap at 15).

History has shown that TRUE F2P games make a hell of a lot more money than subscription based. When an old MMO has turned into a F2P, profit of the game has grown usually up to 500%. Look at for example Archlord, LOTRO, Age of Conan, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Global Agenda, Tera Online, Champions Online, Ryzom... The list of the game that have changed into a TRUE F2P games is endless. WW2 Online will just simply die, if it tries to stick with it's obsolete business model. F2P is the word, and WW2 Online is not a F2P game. There is only a demo which you can play forever, and this kind of business model become obsolete 10 years ago in MMO games.

And CRS should remember that F2P players are as important as are the paying customers. Withour players, this game is nothing. With a huge number of players this game is awesome. You should think F2P players as a resource instead of a leechers. F2P players are like free, super intelligent NPC players that keep the world alive and improve the game! And the best thing in F2P players are that they are completely free! I cant stress this enough that F2P players are a resource that makes this game a worth playing.

After everyone is having fun comes in the microtransactions. I have not thought this trought yet as i'm not a game dev in CRS(thought I would love to and it would be awesome if they hired me), but I think that there should be similar things that there are in World of Tanks and Planetside 2(way much faster XP gain, special weapons and items[just like in World of Tanks, premium tanks in WoT are not any better, they are just special], avatars, titles, faster respawn time etc.) There should be also a new ingame currencies in game, just like in WoT

- Fix account registering

I have approximately 20 accounts for this game, and only like 3 of them works.

- Dont ban new players for no apparent reason

I still dont know why the accounts I told earlier are banned.

- Make the game interface easier for new players to understand

- Add proper communications methods

Friendlist, private chat etc. It is frustrating to help your friends through terrible UI without proper communications possibilities.

- Make it F2P

It is not playble with F2P account for now... It is impossible to dig even foxhole, which is ridiculous! Possibility to drive truck, making squads, making own missions etc. would do things much more easier for new players. For example our bad experiences about this game would have been totally different. We would have been able to take a truck and do a mobile spawn for ourselves and start at least capturing the enemy city. It would have been way more and we would have been actually doing something usually as well. And of course if this game would be really a F2P there would have been ****loads of enemy and allies to interact with.

- Make it easier to find exciting battles and get into the frontlines

How about AI paradrops? Or motorcycles and jeeps, which you would be actually able to leave. Would make much more sense to take a jeep with 4 of your closest friend and drive to the frontlines, leave the jeep and start capturing! Just asking. :P

- Make it F2P

So in short how to improve this game:

1. Think F2P players as resource. They will give you ****loads of money in one way or another, if you treat them well enough in the first place and there are verstalie and creative ways to spend money(look examples from other F2P games).

2. Fix everything not related to the game mechanics itself(registeration, communications, chat, playing with friends, user interface etc.)

And 1 last word: You guys should try kickstarter(for example "We are going to make World War II Online Battleground Europe 2 if we get 2 million dollars. If you pledge 50$, you will get premium account to original game for the rest of your life and something else awesome bla bla bla if you pledge 1000$ your name will be in credits bla bla bla."

I'm pretty sure that you guys could easily get at least 1 million $ with crowdfunding if done properly. I mean Star Citizen got 8 million $ with few CGI videos, you should try the same!

And i'm really really sorry if this post is in a someway or another inapproriate, i'm just very tired because it is 4 am. I hope someone replies to this post so that we can talk about these things I just wrote. :D

We need more players like you to be premium subscribers who can participated on the real forums "Premium/Subscribers Forums" where you can talk directly to developers and influence the game. (it's a shame free trials can't even see this forums and the discussions you see happening there) :confused:

Many of the current subscribers are not what I would call hardcore gamers or people who are in touch with current FPS and Online game markets, you seem to be and I agree with most of what you said.

I think as a Finn you can pay 9,2 € monthly for this game.

The issues you brought up like LAN parties mass bans is very important.

I invited a couple of friends in the past and I had the same problems.

Edited by fxmkorp

now that's funny! :D

True you won't alone but if you make part of a big group that is asking or requesting something CRS will take that in account.

Setting a specific time for server resets saying no to 3rd Person drive of tanks and combat was the community.

now that's funny! :D

Hey Rendus, glad you could join us over here.

Taking a break from the other forums?

Hey Rendus, glad you could join us over here.

Taking a break from the other forums?

lol now that's funny:)

We need more players like you to be premium subscribers who can participated on the real forums "Premium/Subscribers Forums" where you can talk directly to developers and influence the game. (it's a shame free trials can't even see this forums and the discussions you see happening there) :confused:

Many of the current subscribers are not what I would call hardcore gamers or people who are in touch with current FPS and Online game markets, you seem to be and I agree with most of what you said.

I think as a Finn you can pay 9,2 € monthly for this game.

The issues you brought up like LAN parties mass bans is very important.

I invited a couple of friends in the past and I had the same problems.

It is truly a shame that even the forums are so restricted. :( Feel free to share my thoughts to the dev team as i am not able.

And I have 0€ income so as a Finn I cant pay 9,20€.

Edited by pompeius

I'd argue too that it's nearly time for this game to turn truly Free to Play. It seems to be the magical resurrection for MMO's that are hanging on by their fingernails (or not).

It would take a massive investment in remapping the entire game. They truly, truly, truly need to upgrade the terrain to eliminate the gross polygons, and make it look like every MMO for the last 8+ years, with actual rolling terrain, curving rivers and roads. The vehicle artwork is gorgeous and doesn't need anything (and the tank changes from Rapid Assault are a good idea to make them more playable). The toons are decent looking but stiff and awkward (compared to a PS2, for example).

WW2OL used to be 'the only game in town with truly massive gameplay', which made some of this forgivable. Now PS2 has challenged them in the strategic CTF gameplay (but isn't nearly as fun due to the arcadey-ness of gameplay) but WW2OL hasn't improved their overall world-look for what - at least 6 years since the big buildings-facelift?

With a comprehensive art upgrade*, WW2OL could very comprehensively challenge PS2 and other persistent-world MMOFPS out there.

*he said, knowing that this is a MASSIVE, expensive project that the Rats would have loved to have done had they the resources...

Given that upgrade, I could easily imagine:

- totally free-to-play for all the basic equipment, first-tier vehicles, etc.

- pay-2-win would be limited to xp accelerators, or limited duration weapon access (which you could eventually earn through xp accumulation anyway)

- game-store credits could be used for cosmetics (ie vehicle, weapon skins; uniforms, decals for kill counts, unit logos, buffs, the list is almost unlimited given real-world sources)

Consequent to a hopeful increase in funding from this, I'd sincerely wish they'd consider opening other, non-contiguous map segments for play (maybe less work to start from scratch there, than to tackle the Brobdingnagian task of REworking the current terrain...areas like 'Tobruk'/'Kasserine' (Germans vs Brit/US...barely any new equipment needed) or even Stalingrad (would need Russians, obviously).

For me I would rather have a F2P + Subscriber model:

F2P would have access to everything (maybe not Tiger/CH7/S76) but to use that equipment or ability they would need to spend points that they receive from killing and playing the game, in the end F2P would required to spend more time to get more points and enjoy the game therefore creating content for everyone.

If you subscribe you would have no burdens or be forced to be a very active player.

There should always be promos to reduce points to use X equipment and promos to subscribe.

There should be also more flexible subscriptions like you payed 5€ to have 24h of premium equipment this would be great for people who don't or can't play too much and a monthly price is to high to justify their use.

From what I have seen the dual system(Subscriber + FP2) is the most stable and has also a very high revenue and it's easier to implement in terms of balancing equipment of premium vs free accounts.

I'd argue too that it's nearly time for this game to turn truly Free to Play. It seems to be the magical resurrection for MMO's that are hanging on by their fingernails (or not).

It would take a massive investment in remapping the entire game. They truly, truly, truly need to upgrade the terrain to eliminate the gross polygons, and make it look like every MMO for the last 8+ years, with actual rolling terrain, curving rivers and roads. The vehicle artwork is gorgeous and doesn't need anything (and the tank changes from Rapid Assault are a good idea to make them more playable). The toons are decent looking but stiff and awkward (compared to a PS2, for example).

WW2OL used to be 'the only game in town with truly massive gameplay', which made some of this forgivable. Now PS2 has challenged them in the strategic CTF gameplay (but isn't nearly as fun due to the arcadey-ness of gameplay) but WW2OL hasn't improved their overall world-look for what - at least 6 years since the big buildings-facelift?

With a comprehensive art upgrade*, WW2OL could very comprehensively challenge PS2 and other persistent-world MMOFPS out there.

*he said, knowing that this is a MASSIVE, expensive project that the Rats would have loved to have done had they the resources...

Given that upgrade, I could easily imagine:

- totally free-to-play for all the basic equipment, first-tier vehicles, etc.

- pay-2-win would be limited to xp accelerators, or limited duration weapon access (which you could eventually earn through xp accumulation anyway)

- game-store credits could be used for cosmetics (ie vehicle, weapon skins; uniforms, decals for kill counts, unit logos, buffs, the list is almost unlimited given real-world sources)

Consequent to a hopeful increase in funding from this, I'd sincerely wish they'd consider opening other, non-contiguous map segments for play (maybe less work to start from scratch there, than to tackle the Brobdingnagian task of REworking the current terrain...areas like 'Tobruk'/'Kasserine' (Germans vs Brit/US...barely any new equipment needed) or even Stalingrad (would need Russians, obviously).

Totally agreed! It just seems that CRS dont have the resources to do even the slightest changes to the game. :/ Otherwise they would have already done many of those things, right? :D I think we are getting ahead of ourselves when we are planning Eastern Front etc(I mean look at the account management for example, it is absolutely terrible and should have been fixed 10 years ago). :D

I think that from the coding aspect following system could be implemented pretty rapidly in to the game(hopefully before this game is greenlit or we are going to lose thousands and thousands of players as they notice that there is no point in playing this game as a F2P nor paying 20 bucks a month to get access all of the content):

F2P has no level cap and all equipment is available. F2P lose their points towards next rank when they die using equipment.

Here is an example: I level up my character to rank 3 and I have 10 points towards rank 4. I decide to roll out with my brand new Panzer IV I have just unlocked. When I rolled out with that Panzer, I lost 20 points from my rank, so I'm back to rank 3 and I'm 10 points away from achieving rank 4 again. And if I'm able to retrieve that Panzer IV, I get those 20 points back or if I earn some score in the battlefield. And Rifleman would be of course "free".

Benefits from system like this:

- More active players, especially riflemans to fill the battlefields and creating content for other players. It feels null to play as a F2P because you are not achieving anything after you have leveled up to Rank 2.

- F2P players would not waste fresh equipment anymore(for example despawning with airplane because the airfield is too far away).

- Encourages to subscribe to the game as grinding takes too much money!

- More realistic feel because death would have consequenses!

- Very easy to implement to the game!(I am not a coder but I would think that this would be way more easier than introducing 2 new in game currencies etc.)

And I totally agree with fxmkorp too! I think the current subscription thing is good as Vets probably like to keep the thigs as they were and it is the easiest way of getting all content from the game. But 5€ is bit too much for 24h, just saying. :D 2€ for 60h access would be more realistic(4 weekends x 2€ = 8€ = 10,40$/month).

There are btw. defects in the Unit tree: http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/component/content/article/25-promotions-a-offers/12416-unit-tree-september-2012

Sdkfz 232 and Flak 36(88mm) are not available for F2P players(which makes me mad :mad:) and airborne infantry are available for F2P players. It makes this game totally a P2W game, because how is F2P players supposed to destroy enemy Churchill if there is no AT equipment available?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0